Linked Events

• Season 1 Invitation Tournament: November 23, 2013 - November 25, 2013

Author Topic: Season 1 Invitation Tournament  (Read 39443 times)

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
Re: Season 1 Invitation Tournament
« Reply #30 on: November 15, 2013, 04:37:13 pm »
Please drop the pointless argument in here. It isn't helping anything along.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2013, 04:50:04 pm »
Stop blaming everyone else. If you cared at all you would've sent in screenshots like the document asked you. You did not, thus your potential points weren't counted, deal with it.
I did not blame anyone. I've asked whether it's possible to hand in scores after seasons end, because I didn't find a paragraph addressing this issue in the rules or the op of the community events thread.
I mean, people said no, and then you kept on pushing it so....
People stated their opinion on that matter. None of them pointed out a rule conflict. Hence the Issue has not been resolved until Morbies statement. Regarding your conclusions about me blaming people: I strongly suggest you focus on reading the lines rather than in between them before wording wild accusations.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 04:52:55 pm by Wundsalz »

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2013, 04:54:32 pm »
I Think the rules of this Was pretty clear and that both teams had to agree. There wasnt the biggest point Hunt from most teams however You yourself were in charge of accumulating points.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2013, 05:05:41 pm »
One of the issues is that many in the community saw points as meaning serious which of course can't be fun. However, the system is not really a zero sum scenario wherein one teams gains and the one loses but instead a scenario in which one team gains and the other stays the same. In other words, don't only agree to scrims after you have assured victory, have some fun and the worst case scenario is you are no different having played than having not played.

Regarding events, I don't think any event, be it a Muse event otherwise, is automatically counted unless a Screenshot is sent in. From my understanding screenshots could've just been sent in from events like the SR and the AC and anything thrown together as long as the event meets the guidelines.

Its a pretty laid back system really.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2013, 05:58:42 am »
To get back on topic, because the communication for this tournament is poor: the Gents are not participating. I don't know how many times I have to say that. You can ask the Mad Hatters if they want to (if that's allowed).

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2013, 06:25:43 am »
One of the issues is that many in the community saw points as meaning serious which of course can't be fun. However, the system is not really a zero sum scenario wherein one teams gains and the one loses but instead a scenario in which one team gains and the other stays the same. In other words, don't only agree to scrims after you have assured victory, have some fun and the worst case scenario is you are no different having played than having not played.

I disagree somewhat on this point. Two teams can only scrim with eachother for points once per week. Therefore, when the two teams play a points scrim, they'll obviously both want to be ready and at their best, and they'll want to have firmly set down the parameters of the scrim with eachother. A large (but not the only) reason we ended up not having more ranked scrims is that it was problematic for many teams agreeing on a time that would be good for everyone concerned.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 06:50:27 am by Brick Hardcastle »

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2013, 08:09:18 am »
To get back on topic, because the communication for this tournament is poor: the Gents are not participating. I don't know how many times I have to say that. You can ask the Mad Hatters if they want to (if that's allowed).

Personally I don't understand what you mean, all of the information on the end season tournament has been in the scrimmage rules since before I even started playing, it always has been there. Anyone who actively took part in the scrimmage season should have known this was coming this month and what was happening and how it was going to happen. Can you please clarify what you mean by communication so that maybe a situation like this can be avoided in season 2?

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2013, 10:08:51 am »
I mean that the tournament coordinators have yet to contact me formally. I keep getting updates via other officers of the Gentlemen.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2013, 10:30:36 am »
I mean that the tournament coordinators have yet to contact me formally. I keep getting updates via other officers of the Gentlemen.

Oh wow, do you have your personal contact information listed on the scrimmage google doc? I think invites went out either on steam or through e-mail, so if no information was listed that might have been the only way to get an invite to you directly.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2013, 10:36:59 am by Capt. Knight Relyks »

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2013, 10:37:41 am »
Squash had simply forwarded me the message as he was the one on the contact list.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2013, 01:30:25 pm »

Oh wow, do you have your personal contact information listed on the scrimmage google doc? I think invites went out either on steam or through e-mail, so if no information was listed that might have been the only way to get an invite to you directly.

This document does not seem readily accessible. I cannot find links to it anywhere.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2013, 01:39:36 pm »

This document does not seem readily accessible. I cannot find links to it anywhere.

It's linked in a thread stickied at the top of Community Events.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ArCXRuoOqVIMdHU4akg0UkV5REpzb3JtR3lRbFNzcWc&usp=sharing

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2013, 04:14:52 pm »
I sent the invite to Captain Roy (Who, for the record, gave me a 'yes'), because to the best of my knowledge, he would pass it along to the correct team lead, as the gents do seem to mix it up a bit (There are 4 different contacts listed on my tracking document and I grabbed the top one).
My immense apologies regarding the mix up here, but we understand if the Gentlemen wish to retract their past 'yes'.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2013, 05:15:53 pm »
Alright I updated the contact info for the Gents team. We also have a second team with separate info.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2013, 05:30:33 pm »
Alright I updated the contact info for the Gents team. We also have a second team with separate info.
Under this system, you can't have multiple teams. If they're a completely different clan, sure, but you can't have two different Gents teams (no matter what you call them) getting points.