Linked Events

• Season 1 Invitation Tournament: November 23, 2013 - November 25, 2013

Author Topic: Season 1 Invitation Tournament  (Read 40000 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Season 1 Invitation Tournament
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2013, 08:13:39 pm »
Yay for teams that have people who can't make both days.

Offline Wundsalz

• Salutes: 72
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2013, 05:02:04 am »
um, so we Rhinos are interested in the tournament, but I didn't keep track of our scrimmage record (like most other clans didn't judging the standings). Is it still possible to add points to the table?
Just summing up the points we've gained during urz tournaments would catapult us to rank 2 of the list, even without taking the underdog modifier into account.

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2013, 10:11:25 am »
um, so we Rhinos are interested in the tournament, but I didn't keep track of our scrimmage record (like most other clans didn't judging the standings). Is it still possible to add points to the table?
Just summing up the points we've gained during urz tournaments would catapult us to rank 2 of the list, even without taking the underdog modifier into account.

I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure the season ended on the 11th, thus points can no longer be submitted. I can empathize since I had also been slacking and not submitting points from scrims and the rumble.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2013, 11:04:04 am »
Also, afaik, unless both teams agreed on it beforehand, the Rumbles and the Anvalan wouldn't automatically be added as points.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2013, 01:49:57 pm »
This is my issue with this entire system.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2013, 01:56:10 pm »
Whats the issue? Both teams agreeing before hand to count it as points?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 15, 2013, 02:31:59 pm »
I think a lot of teams would climb higher if they was awarded points from unagreed point scrimmages

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2013, 02:58:52 pm »
Currently just waiting for some messages from a few people have gotten back to me confirming they will or will not be there. Will have the list posted once it is concrete.
If you haven't gotten back to me about your teams attendance, please do so asap.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2013, 03:07:56 pm »
Urz Tournaments were always a standalone thing from this as Urz wanted to go his own way. You can still get in via the poll that will be happening later today though.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2013, 03:27:04 pm »
that's silly...
counting the scoreboard points and comparing it to the number of sunday rumble/avalan matches suggests that urz events frame roughly half of our communities scrims.
I'd really like to see urz adding a clause to his tournament rule set forcing all participants to agree on letting their encounters count for this system.

regarding our standing: if it's still possible to add points for matches which have taken place in the past, I'd like to state our cog match vs Gents (week 6) wasn't counted yet and we've won a cog match by forfeit against polaris in the same week.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:17 pm »
that's silly...
counting the scoreboard points and comparing it to the number of sunday rumble/avalan matches suggests that urz events frame roughly half of our communities scrims.
I'd really like to see urz adding a clause to his tournament rule set forcing all participants to agree on letting their encounters count for this system.

regarding our standing: if it's still possible to add points for matches which have taken place in the past, I'd like to state our cog match vs Gents (week 6) wasn't counted yet and we've won a cog match by forfeit against polaris in the same week.

I always thought he should have added himself to the system too.  Just makes sense that people would get points for their competitive matches regardless of where they have them.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2013, 03:46:40 pm »
that's silly...
Uh.... how about no? Forcing it on people is literally the worst.

Stop blaming everyone else. If you cared at all you would've sent in screenshots like the document asked you. You did not, thus your potential points weren't counted, deal with it.

Offline Wundsalz

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2013, 04:13:41 pm »
What's the downside of such a cruel oppression of our Clans wills? I've got a hard time to imagine a scenario where I could see someone might possibly state "what?- If I win matches in this tournament I get points which count towards an official league system and if I don't win I will not loose anything?- that's a no go, I'm out!"
Stop blaming everyone else. If you cared at all you would've sent in screenshots like the document asked you. You did not, thus your potential points weren't counted, deal with it.
I did not blame anyone. I've asked whether it's possible to hand in scores after seasons end, because I didn't find a paragraph addressing this issue in the rules or the op of the community events thread.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2013, 04:18:00 pm »
I did not blame anyone. I've asked whether it's possible to hand in scores after seasons end, because I didn't find a paragraph addressing this issue in the rules or the op of the community events thread.
I understand the annoyance here, but sadly we can't accept the points at this stage because everything is so far planned out that we can't go back. The ball is in motion, as it were. As stated earlier, you can still get in via the poll. Just get all your team to vote on that, then convince others to do so as well.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »
What's the downside of such a cruel oppression of our Clans wills? I've got a hard time to imagine a scenario where I could see someone might possibly state "what?- If I win matches in this tournament I get points which count towards an official league system and if I don't win I will not loose anything?- that's a no go, I'm out!"

Because what if some team doesn't have their main group playing, maybe has a couple of subs? The rumble has usually been the more relaxed type tournament where people bring maybe not their entire main team, or maybe they're just experimenting with different builds and don't want points to be at stake? Plenty of reasons.

I mean, people said no, and then you kept on pushing it so....