Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344166 times)

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #390 on: December 12, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »
I just jumped right in and completely skipped this bit, so some of you might recognize me.

Hi all!  My name is ShadedExalt, but you can call me Shade, Shaded, or when I'm captaining, Exalt. (loljk). I joined a month or two ago now, during the sale, and I love the game.  Community is by far the best I've seen, and I love the theme of it all, and the mechanics are very unique!  Feel free to hit me up for a friend, a crewmate, a captain, or if you're new (as I doubt I have much to offer to the vets) some generic, n00b friendly advice!  See you in the sky!

Fair winds,

ShadedExalt

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 14, 2014, 08:05:20 am »
Hello! I've seen you around the forums a fair bit- I'll be sure to look around for you in game! :D

See you in the skies!

Offline Rukatin

• Salutes: 1
    • [GBN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 29, 2014, 02:30:16 am »
Greetings and salutations fair people of the internet! I am Rukatin, a humble new sky pirate looking for some people to have some fun with.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 29, 2014, 11:49:47 am »
Hello there, I'm MightyKebab, but for the first time ever in my life I've noticed this carefully crafted username of mine was taken, so I just shorted it out by a few words. Keb's still noice however, I'm starting to find a theme in it.

So I found out about this game from a garry's mod server's forums on a thread about well, other games. It sounded fun, I was fancying gunner a bit so I convinced an old friend to buy us all a four pack back in halloween.

Now, like me, EVERYONE was in it for the gunner. Except you know, the cap. I was left to roll with engineer, or, "the-guy-that-whacks-everything" So I've referred that day. We set sail on a junker in the novice playground of dunes for a couple matches. How I remember that day when me and a gunner were whacking a  damaged balloon with a spanner, screaming and panicking in teamspeak, unaware of the repair cooldown and the spanner's weakness. On the way to our second match our old friend-guy-thingy cap told us to do the tutorials. "Don't do Pilot Kebab, you won't need it" he said. "What? No, I'll do them all. Infact, F** you, I'll start with pilot" I talked back in amusement.

Now, the first few gameplays with that Junker made me love playing engineer. Seriously, I have 19 seconds on my gunner. And that's only the time I spent in the training! So before I digress, I played on a few ships, and on my second or third match I played with a stock pyramdion...

It was beautiful. I fell in love with the light gatling as I alternated between lesmok and standard rounds (Lesmok being my go-to for how much I feared the ballistics in the game back then) and sprayed our enemies with some of the armor-juice. 5-0, We destroyed everything in our path. That match right there inspired me to hop on pilot. I looked up the ship, did a match with it. I think I lost my first one, but a few playthroughs later I was turning the tide. By the time I switched to gat-mortar (Without really knowing it was some sort of meta) I was just 5-0 ing all over the novice matches, thus setting the stone for my current win streak of, well, 5, not very impressive but that's what it is. All the while being laughed at by the same friend who bought me the game who now seems to have less of an interest in it than he did before.

Now I've twice as much hours on pilot than I have on engineer. And I crewed the said guy's arse around on a 5-0 match a few days ago. Hehe.

If you ever see a Pyramidion Fancying the name "St.Glaswegian Kiss" around, you know who's on the helm. Blenderfishes'll hate me for the way I love to ram, MY OWN ENGINEERS will hate me for the way I torment and abuse my engines with no remorse in combat (Moonshine <3) and I'll laugh in the face of all Spires as they fail to destroy me even after throwing my arcs off, sealing their fate with the vicious clash of the two constructs amongst the sound of clunking debris and shouts of what could be understood as, "WANNA KISS?!"

I salute to all I've played and have yet to play with, whether you're a tryhard veteran or the what-am-i-doing breed of a newbie, you're all good crewmen under my crew. Maybe not, I'm still easily pissed off when noone's up to my expectations but hey, scream at them to repair the engines once, they won't react before moonshine takes them. Scream at them twice, you're only saying goodbye to your turning engines. Scream at them three times, and if they're still not doing it right they will.. eventually, just scream again and again and... again... and- I don't care anymore, just ragequit if you wanna at that point. Cheers!

PS: Seriously, I'll HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE you if you haven't been repairing those engines by the time I need a claw to make those sharp turns.

PPS: Okay, that's not a good role model, why don't we reduce my feelings for you to, "Mildly annoyed."
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 12:06:13 pm by MightyKeb »

Offline Kieran Kindree

• [CLX]
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 29, 2014, 01:09:58 pm »
Hi everyone. I see a few familiar faces. I am back to the game after a bit of an absence.

I am Kieran Kindree. I fly all of the ships, but if I am ever recognized, it is probably as the pilot of the crazy pop, flame and sit squid, Zephyr.

I occasionally gun and even more rarely engineer, but I probably spend 90-95% of my game time as a pilot and 85-90% of that time as a squid pilot. I just love that little ship (strangely, my next favorite ship is probably the spire followed closely by the Junker. I dislike Galleons and Pyramidions for the most part).

Anyway, I have some pretty great crews, but am always willing and happy to fly with new people. I fly aggressive and talk a lot, but even when I bark orders, I am not trying to be mean - it's just most efficient in the moment of combat. If you're new, I'm totally happy to teach you what little I know. I won't assume people know exactly what to do on my ship, so likewise, if you're experienced and feel I am telling you something you know, just tell me and I'll skip the basics :)

Anyway, I hope to see you all among the clouds and steam.

« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 01:14:18 pm by Kieran Kindree »

Offline Cheeseattack

• View Profile
« Reply #395 on: January 01, 2015, 08:46:15 pm »
Hi... I've been flying around on-and-off for about a year now, and almost always as an drunk (atm lvl 23) engineer. Occasionally I've flied as a somewhat sober engineer, and in very desperate times I've fumbled around on deck with a gun as well.
I'm usually quite a silent player, but I always listen to what's said and I'll possibly speak more now that I've gotten myself one of those modern microphones where people actually hear what you say in them..
But that's enough from me, may your hull never break apart and may your balloon never burn asunder! / Cheeseattack

Offline Birdy the Mighty

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: January 15, 2015, 12:16:15 am »
Hey, mates! Birdy the Mighty here, complete noob that I am. The name of my favorite anime fit with this game (I won't explain why, I hope you can figure that out), so I chose that instead of one of my usual names. So in game, if we're pressed for time, you can just call me Bird, if you like!

I've been around this game for about... Well, half an hour, actually. I just registered my email ten minutes ago. You can tell why I called myself a noob - ignorant, at the least. However, here I am, ready to annoy some seasoned veteran with my complete lack of what to do. I'll learn quickly, I promise you players out there! I'm looking forward to enjoying the awesome community that I've seen this game has, cracking jokes, meeting friends, getting drunk together (seems to be a thing, from reading some of the above posts?) and generally enjoying wasting time.

Anyway, if you like a helpful crew member (trying to be, at least), a fun jokester (if you enjoy bad puns), or somebody to discuss life, the world, sports, anime, you name it with (only a little bit pedantic and/or perverted) hit me up and we can play together. I play from Steam, and my steam name is most often 'Me0203'. Don't hesitate to friend me!

Now, I have gaming addiction problems. And I don't care about them. I'm off to get drunk and crash into some things. I'll be back tomorrow, bleary-eyed after staying up all night. See yah, mates.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: January 15, 2015, 01:40:02 am »
Lailalo, gate!

Its an awesome series. Love Decode. Wish they'd do more.

Offline Diva Mea

• Salutes: 11
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: January 17, 2015, 06:30:55 am »
Hello,

My name is Bronthe and I am very enthusiastic about the game. I just figured out that there are lots more aspects to this game than I have seen so far and hope this forum can guide me through all Guns Of Icarus has to offer.

Yours,

Bronthe

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #399 on: January 17, 2015, 06:48:54 am »
Hello,

My name is Bronthe and I am very enthusiastic about the game. I just figured out that there are lots more aspects to this game than I have seen so far and hope this forum can guide me through all Guns Of Icarus has to offer.

Yours,

Bronthe

I'll be by your side during your venture! :)

Offline Diva Mea

• Salutes: 11
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2015, 05:04:14 am »
Hello,

Yours,

Bronthe

I'll be by your side during your venture! :)

Your presence is greatly appreciated my dear  :-*

Offline AbbyTheRat

• Salutes: 52
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2015, 11:08:52 am »
Welcome all :D

I think I posted in here before, but just to say it again

I'm Abby! ^_^

Hi, any questions, feel free to PM me, find me on steam, add me on skype or message me in game. (I think I even accept smoke signals but my translation of it is rusty)

Same names.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2015, 01:24:12 pm »
I tried sending you Morse code on skype, I didn't realise it was not an official Abbytherat communication method, shall send you smoke signals soon! *Lights a pipe.*

Offline Lieutenant Noir

• Salutes: 17
    • [❤™]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 19, 2015, 01:40:55 am »
Wow, I never saw this one

Hi,

I'm probably the weirdest person you'll ever meet.
Catch me in-game I'll either be speaking with a British or Faint American accent.
If I'm flying, I'll either be extremely aggressive or extremely passive and piss the crap out of my allies with tar
If I'm engineering, I'll have the most extreme case of OCD (I haven't used an extinguisher in 4 months)
If I'm gunning, I'll be begging you to switch my gatling with a mine launcher (basically the same way everyone wanted Hwatchas)

I'll either be extremely silent (cause the rest of the house is sleeping), screaming like a moron, or be disconnected (I hate NZ internet)

I'd love to fly with you all but I have a tenancy to be more quiet than I really should (I kinda find it hilarious when everyone is so concentrated they go full-on silent mode)

Hope to see you all out there and if you piss me off,
I'll play "Up Up and Away" until you feel so weird you'll report me for Sexual Harassment :D

Offline Starnsy

• Salutes: 3
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 24, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »
Somehow I completely skipped over this place. It should really be in a more noticeable place.

I'm Starnsy, but you can call me Starns, Star, Go engineer or So Help Me, or one of my personal favorites "St- Ste- Sta- Stan- STAN. Your name is Stan now." I've had many people get confused by the name, so just make up a nickname for me if you want.
I've got a love for gunning, but I'm a decent everything else.

Some or none of you have flown with me, and I hope to change that to where I've flown with all of you. Every. Single. One.
I'm usually listening to music at pretty much all times during battles, usually whatever I think fits the ship loadout (Burnin' For You- All Flamethrowers.)

I like having fun most of all,  winning isn't everything to me, but I do like a crew that functions well together and likes to have fun as well.

Oh, a fair word of warning, I'll probably speak in a variety of silly accents, be it Russian, British, Christopher Walken, Hank Hill, and pretty much anything else I can think of. These will probably be awful as well.

Feel free to add me on skype (toasterguru) or steam.