Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344089 times)

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #375 on: November 04, 2014, 02:27:37 pm »
Heeeeyyy!  :D
Welcome to the game! You may think you're late, but trust me, when Co-op mode comes out and all the people start lining up then, you're gonna be thinking about how early you are!

Oh, and I hopes you get people to follow your clan! I'm more of a Black Mercenary guy myself.

Offline BlingChicken

• Salutes: 0
    • [ODEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 10, 2014, 11:14:05 am »
Hello! My name is Kyle and I just got into this game from a buddy of mine. I absolutely love it! I can't get enough of manning the ship with my fearless captain and taking to the skies for more adventure. Anyway, glad to be a part of the game and the community. See you all among the clouds.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 10, 2014, 02:02:13 pm »
Hey Kyle! Glad to see you love the game right now! Just a reminder that in addition to playing out in the game it's always fun to be a part of the forums!

...I have more hours being on this website than playing, and that does not include leaving the webpage on on my computer...

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 10, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »
I didn't know this was a thing, and I really should introduce myself.

I am Indreams. I began playing May 16th of 2014, and I am aspiring to be counted among the best pilots in game.

My friends tell me that I am boring, serious and grammatically correct.

I'm a student, and when the class isn't doing anything, I like to hang out on the forum. I hope that I can be a positive contribution to the community.

I usually play one to three games of GOIO everyday. If you get to fly with me, please say hello. I'd love to be your barely-competent pilot.

Thank you for reading,  :)

Indreams

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 10, 2014, 05:54:13 pm »
You started playing in May? What? BULLSHIT! I THOUGHT I KNEW YOU LESS LONGER THAN 6 MONTHS! (I was thinking it was 1 month XD)

Anyways, don't worry about being a barely-competent pilot. I'm a barely-inadequate pilot, and it's hard learning outside of novice matches when everyone doesn't want a "noob" pilot to be dragging them down.

I got the game on the May 31st. I blame you not joining our forums earlier for me not knowing you. I've had my eye on he forums after hearing about the community about two or s months prior and I literally popped in here the moment I got the game and said hello, asked a question or two, and then made myself elected (by the council of me) as the unofficial keeper of the Ban the User Above You forums.

Shoutout to any new players here, don't be afraid to join in! As long as you're respectful, you're accepted. Then when you're accepted more, you can pull crazy stuff off in the forums like starting threads. Although perfectly fine if you set up a respectful thread on your first try.

Offline janiceawesome

• Salutes: 1
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 16, 2014, 04:51:46 am »
Hi all,

I recently purchased Guns of Icarus on Steam and am loving it so far. I'm definitely still learning the mechanics of the game and trying to figure out what the community is like. Hopefully as I spend a little more time playing the game and on the forums, the experience will just keep getting better.

I guess a little about me: I'm a grad student who plays video games to de-stress. I'm usually more of an FPS person, so GOIO's gameplay mechanics feel a little bit unusual. I've sort of gravitated to the pilot role, and I'm really liking the feel of flying a steampunk airship. Hmm... that's all I can think of for now, but feel free to message me. I'm up to get to know new players.

Offline RedRoach

• View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 16, 2014, 10:27:06 am »
Hey janice!

As long as you listen to people in the game and use their advice, you should be able to avoid the "holy-crap-what-is-this-noob-doing" scenario and instead be blessed with the "I wish you were my first-born son" scenario. No, I have not experienced either one yet.

I also know FPSes gear towards a single player. GOIO does not like it if people single up. Rule of thumg in GOIO: Teamwork is OP.

Welcome aboard!

Offline BlingChicken

• Salutes: 0
    • [ODEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 20, 2014, 09:25:20 pm »
Hello fellow pilots and crewman. My name is BlingChicken and I am a engineer aboard the All-Father's Wrath! Praise be to Odin and may we meet gloriously in Valhalla.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 21, 2014, 11:35:03 am »
Hello fellow pilots and crewman. My name is BlingChicken and I am a engineer aboard the All-Father's Wrath! Praise be to Odin and may we meet gloriously in Valhalla.

*Generic Viking Noise* Hope to see you in the skies soon!

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 21, 2014, 01:08:03 pm »
welcome new players :)  glad to have you all aboard!  fair winds!

Offline Jester Schulz

• Salutes: 4
    • [BLFI]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 21, 2014, 01:58:12 pm »
I felt that the least i can do is introduce myself. I am Jester Schulz or you may call me the Grinning Jester of Crimson. I started playing GoIO about 2 or 3 weeks ago. I started as a engineer but has since then taken the helm aboard the Hyena. I started becoming active on the forum about a few days ago.

I aspire to be a excellent captain and to share my character's story with the GoIO community. I enjoy writing and it's been over a few years since I've had the drive to write. This forum and game has sparked something within me and i will continue to write for as long as the fire burns within my mind.

I look forward to talking to you on the forums and i hope to see you either by my side in the sky or with you guns facing me.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 21, 2014, 06:08:37 pm »
Welcome Jester to both the community and the forums. Glad that you take an interest in the Cantina, I'm hoping to put up another piece soon. But until then.

-Fair Winds and Clear Skies.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #387 on: December 06, 2014, 10:57:23 am »
I am ceresbane.

I am going to kill you all.

I am kthxbye now.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #388 on: December 12, 2014, 02:53:23 am »
I suppose it's about time I done this one...
:)

I'm Dave, born and raised in the UK, now living in Slovak Republic with wife and my twin children, although most my time is spent looking after the terrible two pair I also work from home as a leather worker, a video I done some time ago when I'd just started as a business over just a hobby: http://youtu.be/04KQsLf-OGg

When not busy with the kids or making stuff I'm normally found in a game world somewhere, if I do get time at the workshop to play, I make costumes for LARP and Cosplay. :)

Offline Admiral Ackbar RTDT

• Salutes: 5
    • [Krag]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 12, 2014, 01:16:16 pm »
Hi I am the leader of the new clan Krag. You may see me flying The Trap. I've been playing for almost a year and I'm looking forward to more competitive play. I've been really enjoying the VIP matches.