Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344145 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #360 on: August 29, 2014, 10:32:38 pm »

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 03, 2014, 10:09:53 pm »
Hello, I am Bronzium. I usually go by GoldMan27 in most games I play, though I seem to use Bronzium more frequently these days.

Anyways, I've had my eye on Guns of Icarus Online for a VERY long time (probably since around February of last year), and only a day ago finally bought it. I unfortunately run a poor laptop at the moment (getting a better, more powerful replacement soon), which is the reason why I held off on buying the game until now actually.

Due to my poor rig, I can only seem to play in Practice mode, and even then I get framerate spikes and latency on occasion (even on low settings). I can't say I've much experience with the game itself, though I have frequented gameplay videos on YouTube so I can get a basic understanding of the ships and arsenal. Even so, there's still loads of newer stuff to me, so it'll take me a bit to get used to everything.

Until I get my laptop, you won't see me online (if you do, it'll only be for a few minutes before I experience a huge framerate spike and log out). Though until then, hope to make friends here! :)

Offline Citric

• Salutes: 3
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2014, 06:56:21 pm »
Kaboom.

Hi, I'm Citric. I'm on a fair bit and I guess you can call me a GOIO vet... so all you new kids are more than welcome to fly with me and ask questions and stuff. I'm all about fun an good times :D

See y'all in the skies~

Offline Sheamzilla

• Salutes: 1
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 10, 2014, 05:53:21 am »
My name is Sheamzilla. Its pronounced Sheem-Zill-ah.

Many know me as a great person, teacher, exceptional pilot/player and a funny person and generally a great guy to be around.

Others know me as an antagonistic, short-tempered, obsessive compulsive try hard that won't shut up.

I forgive you.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 05:57:59 am by Sheamzilla »

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 10, 2014, 07:25:10 pm »
My name is Sheamzilla. Its pronounced Sheem-Zill-ah.

Many know me as a great person, teacher, exceptional pilot/player and a funny person and generally a great guy to be around.

Others know me as an antagonistic, short-tempered, obsessive compulsive try hard that won't shut up.

I forgive you.

I forgive you too.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 16, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »
Hello I'm Mikko (better known as Ayetach), I'm freelance animator and coffee connoisseur.  I like flying ships and doing bad cartwheels.

Offline Alistair Marlowe

• Salutes: 5
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2014, 09:46:48 am »
Happy diurnal anomaly everyone!  Me mum calls me Alistair, me mates call me Marlowe, and me enemies call me STOP HOLIN' MY BALLOON YA MAD BASTID.  I'm a proud Stray Dag pilot with an ambush predator's mentality and a dislike for flying most ships that aren't a Squid.  I'm engaged to the lovely Sarabelle Marlowe (my condolences for those whose ships she's perforated) and we enjoy spending our evenings pirating up the skies with comrades and meeting friendly crewmates.  See you in the skies (if you see me coming)!

I should have done this months ago, but just now found this section.  Heh.

Offline Kouhei Sakurai

• Salutes: 2
    • [TA☯]
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 11, 2014, 01:30:45 pm »
I think people might know me as the guy who keeps asking if there are any Asian players around. (I'm just hoping that there are enough Asian players to populate a game on the Asian server, but I guess I'll make do with 250 ping on the American servers.) I'm a sucker for anything steampunk, but I genuinely like the concept of this game and the gameplay.

I'm still a really new player here, so please pardon me if I do anything stupid on board your ship (but do tell me why my decisions were bad).

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 11, 2014, 04:34:05 pm »
I know most of the newer players would never heard of me or seen me in game in the past two months, but would I like to welcome all of you into this game and fine community.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #369 on: October 11, 2014, 05:43:14 pm »
Took ya damn long enough to come back!

Offline Electric Donkey

• Salutes: 4
    • [SG-1]
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 03, 2014, 11:50:50 am »
Ahoy - looks like I'm the first person to post here since the start of the current Steam sale.

It kind of bothers me that I hadn't heard of GoIO (or as I like to spell it, "goyo") until it popped up in my Steam discovery queue yesterday morning. Or equally disturbing is the idea that I had seen it earlier and dismissed it. I have to admit that I have a bias against the steampunk aesthetic and I haven't had much experience with team-based ship-to-ship combat, so I can imagine that I might have seen the description for this game and ignored it based on the metacritic score (which I've since learned to ignore). I almost skipped it yesterday as well, except that I always drill down on user reviews for any game which has an "Overwhelmingly Positive" reception.

And I'm glad I did. Although crewing with equally inexperienced randoms was somewhat entertaining (mostly scrambling to keep the ship in one piece), once I started playing with captains who knew how to play and communicate the game made a quantum leap from somewhat entertaining to incredibly awesome. Probably my favorite part is the tension when your ship is healthy and no enemies have been spotted - everyone is scanning the sky, watching and waiting.

I liked it so much, I bought the 4 pack, then I went to the in game store and bought some duds. (And I imagine I'll be sending some more doubloons to Muse to support the adventure game.)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #371 on: November 03, 2014, 02:01:39 pm »
Welcome to the game, Donkey!

I assure you, we're all looking forward to Adventure Mode as well.

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 03, 2014, 06:43:09 pm »
My goodness, still haven't posted in here after countless hours in game as well as on the forums...

Anyways, I'm Replaceable. I'm in cake. I like to do everything, but I've played engineer the most.
My name is for three reasons, one is if I do badly, you can blame the captain for letting the Replaceable guy on board. Two is If I do good it is Ironic. And third, expendable black guy is offensive (we were all powder monkeys once. Aha ;))

I was brought into the game by Melon, (we came with other friends but they left.)
I also did the leave the game for a while after Melon, and our friends shouted at me to repair the balloon. I couldn't walk past a balloon irl for weeks afterward without being mocked :s
In fact they still say: "Cam, Balloon!" to me from time to time now.

There are very few people here I haven't flown with.
If this is the case put it down to time zones, add me and come fly with me sometime :D

woooooooooooooooooooooo

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 03, 2014, 07:46:54 pm »
There are very few people here I haven't flown with.

Five bucks says you haven't played a match with me yet.

Another Five says you haven't played a match with the crazy choking-on-nonexsistant-swarm-of-butterflies-while-dying-of-bottle-of-pepsi-and-mentos me yet.

I kinda linger around in the off times around 2-3 in the afternoon for the weekends, and this goes with most of you who've just picked up the game. *nod towards Donkey* Though you might not see me when I'm hyper because I control myself in pub matches, prefer to use text chat, and only go berserk in the presence of a welcoming lobby.

Offline Jayce V. Anderson

• Salutes: 0
    • [IE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 04, 2014, 02:31:38 am »
Greetings Everyone,

I go by the name Jayce V. Anderson but my name is Ian Got this game the other and boy let me tell you, I'v been a fan of steampunk for a long time and I don't know how I found this game so late. Well This game has been very kind to me so I one day wish to return the favor. I'm an engineer and runs The Immorta Empire Clan [IE] I hope to meet some of you in the battle field. But may we hope that it's on good terms.