Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344119 times)

Offline SeaMichelle

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2013, 10:21:41 am »
Hello! I'm the SeaWulfie. (Or "waffle", as some call me...) My main talent is fixing your ship. My worst talents are defending and flying your ship. ^-^
Normally tho, I'm quiet, I do as I'm told by the Captain, and I'll do what I can to nudge newer players in a positive direction.

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #16 on: February 23, 2013, 10:26:09 am »
I'm Jazza. I'm 19 years old and Australian.

I'm a pilot. I like the Goldfish because it's small, easy to navigate and symmetrical. Even the pilot can jump to a turret to do a job if needed. I focus on my main weapon, so someone should always man it, and the two other crew members should be repairing or manning the side guns if needed.

That's me.

Offline Furrymessiah

• Salutes: 3
    • [NAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 23, 2013, 07:25:46 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm Furrymessiah. Commonly known in-game as Furry, and very rarely by the moniker Lukas to those who have cultivated an intimate friendship with me, I am your handy-dandy crossdressing, sailor-mouthed Engie, often seen skulking around with my SMAC compatriots, or otherwise filling space on Zill's ship as a Gungineer and making him mildly unsettled with my innuendo.

I was first introduced to this game by those lovable Brit goofballs at the Yogscast, only seeing TB's video long after I acquired the game. Don't hold it against me. I got the game as a Christmas present from a friend of mine (who, incidentally, didn't get the game for himself. Thanks, Steam Wishlist!), and quickly found myself enjoying the meta-game aspects of being an engineer moreso than flying or gunning. Not to say I don't do a fair bit of shooting, mind you. Nowadays I've comfortably settled into to my role aboard ships, occasionally piloting as a lark when the urge strikes me. I'm not a bad pilot, per se; I just much prefer banging on things with my mallet.

Outside of GOI, I'm a frequent watcher of a 24/7 video gaming stream (PM me for details), I read Cracked and PC Gamer, and I'm soon going to be attending college for CompSci--Networking. I'm a smoker, a social drinker, and a lover of cult movies. I enjoy music, sleeping, gourmet cooking, and swimming in the ocean.

Oh, and I'm a furry.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 23, 2013, 07:38:05 pm »
Heyo there, I'm Wazulu.

I'll restrain myself from writing a wall of text here, so as you can imagine I waffle with the best of them. I was introduced to Icarus back in November, however I took a big break of a month or so, and the game was a lot different when I came back. I'd like to say I can hold a ship together, but all I can say is never put me behind the wheel. Besides being a terrible pilot I'm oddly semi-casual. Serious crew=serious me. Then again I never take defeat too badly, and don't really mind what you ask me to do in the air (Hull Babysitter many a time).

Anyways, I hope to be active-ish on these forums and to meet most of you (if not all) in the air sometime.

Cheers for reading,

-Waz.

Offline Psyran

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy Online
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »
I stumbled upon this game at the perfect time for me. I've just gotten bored with EVERY other game I've played.

Before I heard about this game, I was a big steampunk fan. When I heard about this, I thought it was a FPS or RTS... but it isn't either. This is Mad Max in the air, this is Pirates of the Caribbean on crack... and I'm totally hooked.

The realism of this game is incredible. One of my first successful roles was as an engineer and I got an incredible rush running throughout the ship fixing things. I kept us in the air and the crew did their part... and it was glorious.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2013, 10:22:47 pm »
One of my first successful roles was as an engineer and I got an incredible rush running throughout the ship fixing things. I kept us in the air and the crew did their part... and it was glorious.

That's what I love about being an engineer. Your ship is falling to pieces, all hope seems lost, but you keep on making it hold on at the brink of death. And then your captain says "I'm not sure how we survived that.". It's just way more exhilarating than gunning.

Offline Nyashka

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 24, 2013, 01:46:46 am »
Hi there community, I'm Nyashka, you can call me Nya or Nyash I believe :P I'm 18 years old Russian.
Not really remembered by now, since im second day here :)
I am a gunner, obsessed with trying to raise gun efficiency to 100+% ^^
GoIO just grabbed me, and it seems it wont let me go now, hope to see you in the skies!  ;)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2013, 01:57:36 am »
To all you newbies, welcome aboard!  And to all you salty dogs, I'll see you in the blue guns blazing and engines screaming!

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 24, 2013, 12:30:04 pm »
Hello fellow airmen and noble admirals, I am Skyraider

I'm known for exceeding in piloting skills and tactics, being an aggressive captain and pulling off some very close quarters combat. I have a tendency to survive a battle with less than 1/4 of health, but most importantly, I invented the backwards Goldfish (And maybe the hydrogen uppercut).

I started as a gunner, (Very useful I know) and I got used to using all weapons of all types, knowing there benefits and weaknesses. Then I discovered Qwerty's channel and I joined him after his livestream as a captain, we won about 10 matches before we left, that gave me the fuel to start flying. Although I wasn't very good, I practiced every until now, becoming an above-average pilot. I still feel like I'm to only one to set up traps and ambushes in-game, flanking enemies in Squids or lying behind a wall in a Goldfish.

So I say to anyone who wants to be a pilot, patience is the key to success. Don't let your greed take you into a trap, think about the other routes.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 25, 2013, 08:59:24 am »
As my internet connection broke I've been unactive since the start of the new forum, but being back and seeing it so lively really gives me a smile.

For anyone that doesn't know me I'm Sgt. Spoon, or Erik if you like real names. I've hanged around Guns of Icarus for quite a while, enjoying the game, world and growing community that's now rather lively compared to when we were just a few active people.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 25, 2013, 12:12:47 pm »
Hey all,

I figure I should introduce myself... The names Shinkurex (shink for short), and I've been playing this game off and on for a little while. I would like to think that I'm an able gunner, but I will leave that up to you. I can hold my own as an engie, but not my cup of tea, and if you ask me to pilot, get ready for a lot of crashes lol.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2013, 03:50:16 pm »
To all you newbies, welcome aboard!  And to all you salty dogs, I'll see you in the blue guns blazing and engines screaming!

In my case it is more Hull blazing and Crew screaming. Anyway, a hearty welcome to all new comers. I apologize in advance for yelling at you. It is because I only want the best from for you.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2013, 08:23:57 pm »
hi all! Lord Fun Pants here, Muse dude responsible for modeling half the guns/ships, some environment stuff and a bunch of random other trinkets here and there. hoping to make more ships. . . . its on my list of things to annoy everyone at muse about >>

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 04:41:51 am »

Jesse Eisenberg is this guy: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3Mzc4MDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYzNzM5Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

He's most famous for playing Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network. And you do kinda sound like him :P

Bloody...
Almost look like him, too..
my face is thinner and more angular though....

I would post the names of my ships, but that would ruin the fun of finding out, hm?

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2013, 05:34:17 am »
hi all! Lord Fun Pants here, Muse dude responsible for modeling half the guns/ships, some environment stuff and a bunch of random other trinkets here and there. hoping to make more ships. . . . its on my list of things to annoy everyone at muse about >>

Well Lord Fun Pants, I shall see you in the House of Lords.