Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 346610 times)

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #180 on: May 31, 2013, 09:05:37 pm »
Welcome to the game, TracyJordan. Excellent choice on sticking with engineer until you get a real feel for the game. It's the most versatile role, and the best to learn on.

Good luck on your college and future. Hope to see you in the skies very soon!

Offline Infectedshroom

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 04, 2013, 03:44:05 pm »
Hey people! :D  I'm a female engineer~ (although my chara is male in the game lol)
I bought GOI somewhere during mid- May I had only started to play it today as I was not really fond of team plays but I'm glad I gave it a try! I really like the community here, most of the people are willing to help us newbies out and give protips and stuff during the gameplay. So far, playing as an engineer has been quite easy in most cases (and tiring especially when things go kaboom everywhere @.@). I hope to make new friends and have fun playing this game~ :D

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #182 on: June 04, 2013, 04:01:28 pm »
Welcome to the GOI community Infectedshroom. Good engineers are always welcome. Bad engineers can be trained into good ones by most captains. If you communicate and don't act like a troll, I am sure you will have a friends list several pages long in no time.

Offline Mr Pleebus

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 05, 2013, 05:11:11 pm »
Greetings everyone, I am one of the swarms of newbie engineers, I was introduced to the game by a friend who bullied me into buying it so he'd have someone to play with, I don't think I'll ever stop thanking him. So far my favourite ship is the goldfish, but engineering it is exhausting so at the moment I'm crewing a Pyramidion with some mates. We camp round the edges of the map and deal out divine merc justice to everything from frankly ridiculous ranges. Very glad to be joining the community and hope to learn lots and find some interesting people :)

Offline timmymonsta

• Salutes: 16
    • [BSSN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 05, 2013, 05:31:28 pm »
Well, what can I really say here.. I've really recently started up playing the game, and I'm pretty much brand new to the forums as of today. In game, I've been hitting it up as a pilot with my main ship being the pyra (don't hate) with my secondary being a blenderfish. I don't really have a crew as I came into this game by myself, but usually I am able to pull together some randoms and get some kills on the board. My strategy is the get in fast, rip off their armour and kiss ram hit them until they split in two. Other than that, I appreciate the welcome I've gotten so far in the community, and I can't wait to continue to fly with everyone here.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2013, 02:23:51 am »
Welcome both of you, good to have you around.  :)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2013, 05:38:51 am »
Welcome new people.  I am Tim, it is a pleasure to know you all!

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2013, 08:04:12 am »
Yeah, I guess I never did this. Grabbed this with Surette during the sale.
Game was good enough that I bought stuff in game (this never happens, I just wanted to support Muse).

Um. Hai.

I'm Plasmarobo, but just call me Plasma. Way easier apparently. Dunno why people have such trouble saying "Robo". My favorite bastardization is "Plasma-bro".

Anyway, I am a pilot and a captain at heart, and have recently become "not terrible". Flying is my first love, but if you need me to, I'll pick up the old hammer and spanner. Not a terrible engineer, but I care nothing for your engineering achievements, though I'll do my damnedest to keep ya alive.

But yeah. I'm a Student still, but I've designed/am designing computer parts for a major firm. A good chunk of you have probably used our products, though I'm sure you don't know it.

But yeah, if you see me in the skies, say hi!

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2013, 10:43:40 am »
Yeah, I guess I never did this. Grabbed this with Surette during the sale.
"The sale" is pretty vague considering there have been at least three other sales since we've started playing.  :P  For what it's worth, we've been playing since March.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2013, 03:23:38 pm »
THERE IS ONLY ONE SALE TO ME.

Offline timmymonsta

• Salutes: 16
    • [BSSN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2013, 10:02:07 pm »
But we all fly in airships. There are no sails!  ???

Offline Sentinel Guy

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 07, 2013, 11:30:01 am »
Hi all

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 14, 2013, 10:15:09 am »
This is probably the best thread for this HIGHLY anal retentive post.

My name is dragonmere, not Dragonmere. My username ALWAYS has a lowercase D, unless I'm on a system/service that requires first letter of username to be capitalized (which i HATE), or I screwed up royally and there is no way to change it.

Dragonmere with a capital D is someone else, a user on a long forgotten local BBS about 17+ years ago. He was the first person I ever played multi-player games with. We played BBS-Doors games, MuDs, and dial-up Doom. I lost track of him around when AOL 2.0 came out (NOW FEATURING THE WORLD WIDE WEB!) and BBSes fell by the wayside, so I picked up his name as a tribute to his inspiring my interest in online gaming. I dropped the capital D out of respect for him.

Seeing people address me as Dragonmere is one of my pet peeves. I told you this was an incredibly anal post. :D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:20:13 am by dragonmere »

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #193 on: June 14, 2013, 10:42:03 am »
Good to know, dragonmere.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #194 on: June 14, 2013, 04:22:59 pm »
I'm Plasmarobo, but just call me Plasma. Way easier apparently. Dunno why people have such trouble saying "Robo". My favorite bastardization is "Plasma-bro".

I know I have called you plasma-bro in the past, and may continue to do so in the future. I am glad you are ok with it.