Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 344159 times)

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #90 on: April 11, 2013, 12:18:49 am »
Tip o' me hat to all of ya.  Zeb here, your friendly drunken Junker pilot! Figured I might get more involved in the community and forums heronout and such.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #91 on: April 11, 2013, 01:11:48 pm »
Welcome to the forums Zeb. Enjoy your time here arguing for your favorite builds and trying to talk Muse into modifying the game so that it is more for for you. I have had many good times flying on your junkers.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: April 12, 2013, 12:29:20 pm »
Shadowsteel present and accounted for.

Offline JaySwift

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 20, 2013, 03:56:44 pm »
Swift here - last game really like this that I played was Air Buccaneers from back in 2004 - I got the original Guns of Icarus, but I was rather disappointed as I mistakenly thought it was a much bigger game. Then along comes GoIO, -much- more what I was looking for, and I guess here I am ;D

Looking forward to the expanded gameplay the devs are working on, already contributed to the Kickstarter, fingers crossed they make those stretch goals ;D

Offline TukketTaco

• Salutes: 2
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 20, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »
Heya! AlbinoTaco here, a rather unorthodox player. I like to captineer. Often get people ina rage from doing so, but I'm not too bad. Anywho! Favourite position is probably engi.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2013, 04:23:22 pm »
Welcome AlbinoTaco! I really have no idea where to go from here..........

Offline FightBoyVash

• Salutes: 20
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
    • Redstone Rampaga
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »
Heya! AlbinoTaco here, a rather unorthodox player. I like to captineer. Often get people ina rage from doing so, but I'm not too bad. Anywho! Favourite position is probably engi.

C;

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2013, 09:54:24 am »
Sissel here. I've been playing for about a week; when I'm not lagging or having hardware problems, I'm an okay gunner and engineer and a terrible pilot. Once my framerate drops below 5 FPS and I start falling through the deck when I try to move all bets are off.

Outside of GoIO I study computer science and translate games about pigeons, among other things.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2013, 11:21:08 am »
Outside of GoIO I study computer science and translate games about pigeons, among other things.

First off Welcome! Secondly, I want to know more about these games about pigeons..... :)

Offline Lydia Litvyak

• Salutes: 40
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2013, 11:27:14 pm »

First off Welcome! Secondly, I want to know more about these games about pigeons..... :)

Thank you! I'm seeing lots of familiar names here; it will be nice to get to know everyone beyond monosyllabic mid-combat conversation.

I don't want to start a potentially derailing discussion, but if you're really interested………
That page makes it look rather bland, but really, it isn't. It's certainly about dating pigeons in theory, but once you play through a little ways it turns into something very, very different.

Offline Doom Whale

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2013, 11:23:56 am »
Hi, being new to this game and rather poor at it. I thought It would be pertinent to swing by the forums.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2013, 12:27:06 pm »
Welcome to the community, Doom. You've already crewed on my ship, if I recall correctly, and you did fine. Feel free to friend me in game. There's always room for new players on the S.S. Teamwork

Offline Draco Tempus

• Salutes: 0
    • [DXFA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2013, 02:25:10 pm »
Hello everyone!
I'm quite new to this game. Been eyeing it for a while, being on the fence whether or not to buy it, so when I saw that it was available on a pay-what-you-want basis, I jumped instantly (and bought copies for 4 of my friends as well).
I haven't at all regretted buying it. Since I first played it Saturday night, I have played almost nothing else, and I've had a tremendous amount of fun. The community has been great in general, so I thought I'd check out the forums.
So hello guys! I look forward to playing with you, I hope I'm not too green ;) (I might even have played with some of you already)

Offline MetaFive

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 20
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2013, 02:28:08 pm »
I swear I manage to come in late on the introductions thread every time it comes around. But better late than never.

I'm Metafive, your friendly Community Ambassador and obnoxiously vocal proponent of arthropod awesomeness. I've been here since Beta and I have to say it's wondrous seeing how great the game and community have become since then. I'm a graduate biologist by day... but by night, I'm the captain of the Beast of Burden, a retrofitted cargo junker carrying enough missiles and bullets to chisel a mountain down to an anthill. So think twice before you decide to take a shot at her cargo lest we decide to unload it at high speed all in your direction.

In all seriousness, I'm just a captain or crewman like any other; I have a regular crew but I'm always fond of helping to give newcomers their air legs, so please feel free to join me ingame if you see me. I'll also moonlight as a mechanic now and then, of course. Don't believe the rumors; I'm actually quite nice, and I assure you my left eye does not see into the future.

Baron's Best Squadron Strong.

« Last Edit: April 24, 2013, 10:57:23 pm by MetaFive »

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2013, 02:52:19 am »
...Also spiders, meta... those spiders D:

on another note. The Baron's logo is looking even cooler, love it