Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 342221 times)

Offline Dread Pirate Bananas

• Salutes: 0
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #405 on: February 04, 2015, 02:15:04 pm »
Ahoy, I'm the Dread Pirate Bananas, scourge of the highest seas, loved by tavern wenches, and feared by honest merchants across the skies.
I'm also first mate and head engineer of the Albatross, and it's rare you'll find me somewhere else.
She is the mightiest goldfish in all the oceans skies, piloted by the crazy good creative captain AdventureRuss, whose godawful, ram crazy, and generally suicidal tactics have netted us many wins (they never see it coming) and keeps me busy.

Due to the nature of my captain's piloting techniques, although I almost always play engineer, I have solid experience in piloting and gunning as necessary, as well at yelling angrily down the mic and making wicked awesome last second saves.

I also spent far too long drawing my avatar.

Offline Captain Flynn

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 18, 2015, 09:55:23 am »
This is Captain Flynn of the Nutlocker, the newest crew of the game (probably).

Had our first win just a few hours ago. (YEY!)
Me and my colleagues enjoy this game, especially me because I like the idea of commandeering a ship (an airship in this instance).

Hoping to play more on my free time.

Offline aceofeagles

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 24, 2015, 01:38:47 am »
hello im aceofeagles i usually go by the steam user name ac30fspad35. my real name is isaac garcia. im 18 and a private pilot.

i always wanted to fly aircraft when i was young and loved flying. so it was already decided what i was going to be when i grow up. a pilot.
i had to put in long hours and days working on tests and different types of flights. and put in alot of hours. but i finally did it. i got my private pilot license. im currently working on my ifr license.

after all this of course i wanted to find a game that was about flying in the air. i tried alot of simulators fsx,global,war thunder,ect ect ect.
but then i found guns of icarus online. i thought it was the best thing since sliced bread :3 being able to command your own ship and its crew had that ring to it. and since i was a HUGE gamer. my mind was made up.

i have to say to the devs that you guys have made one hell of a fun game. metracritic can go suck it. this game is one of a kind and will always be a classic in flight games.

anywho ill be seeing you guys around.  cheers  :D

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: March 14, 2015, 08:18:35 pm »
It is probably a bit late for this, since I have already been on the forums for a little while now, but oh well. Hi, I am Lanliss in pretty much any game I play. I have been on goio for, technically, about a year. I got really into it when I first got it on sale last year, and got up to 20 hours in less than a week. Of course, I have a habit of randomly dropping out of games for no real reason, so I have been out for pretty much all of the year I have owned it. Nothing happened to cause it, I just fell out of the skies I guess. I am back however, and it feels like I am here to stay. I have thrown on another 40 or so hours (wow, a whole SIXTY hours in game.) and plan to add many more. Been having fun playing around, and do not mind any of the changes that have been made. Probably because I was gone for so long, but it all feels new, so I do not need to relearn things I already had down. No one I know for me to play with, but I enjoy that. The random crews I get make the game fun, and it is great to just hop into random games with no previous connections. Makes running into the same person repeatedly a lot more fun and coincidental. I love the game, I love the community, and I will love sticking around for a while.

Lanliss, Captain of the Infallible

Offline Lieutanant Clarke

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: March 15, 2015, 05:34:07 pm »
My Name's Lieutenant Clarke. I just recently Got into the game, But I do love reading and writhing Steam-fiction and Gaslamp Fantasy. When you want a Decent Gunner or an epic backstory for your ship, you come to me!

Offline Sarabelle Marlowe

• Salutes: 25
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: March 16, 2015, 01:12:36 am »
*Polite bow*

Hello admins, CAs, and fellow airship enthusiasts!

I'm Sarabelle Marlowe, Miss Marlowe for some, Ser to others. In game I enjoy gunning for my guild, occasionally fixing things when need be. I don't fly myself, that's left for my counterpart.

When I first heard of the game, Alistair walked into my room while I was reading and stood boldly, pointed his finger and loudly proclaiming. “My love, take the sky with me! For if you do, I'll buy you a shiny outfit.”

And thus, I started playing.

Though  to be honest, his presentation of said game would have worked without the bribery.

When we started sometime last year, we were feeling the after burn from playing games that required it to more of a job then a game (WoW, LoL, cough cough). We really wanted a game to play together, something with a more lighthearted feel that would grow into a fantastic world. We heard of Adventure Mode coming out, so figured we'd give what there was a try (we were sold on airship pirates). We joined a guild, and have stayed playing because of them and the community.

When I'm not playing games I enjoy making costumes, writing, artsy stuff and run tabletop rpgs with some of my guild mates. I'm really looking forward to seeing where this game goes. And for those I have not met yet, I look forward to seeing you in the skies!

Offline Quintessince

• Salutes: 5
    • [✧YE✧]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch-Quintessince Gaming
« Reply #411 on: April 07, 2015, 01:44:55 pm »
Greetings all!

To say I'm new might be a bit of an understatement. A back story: I've been playing games for an exceptionally long time and started in the greater online scene with a game called Legends of Kesmai on AOL. I've been playing odds and ends since- ranging from console to pc, competitive to beer leagues (and yes those are a thing).

Ultimately, I stumbled across this game a few days ago while searching for new games that some friends from college and I could play; as we like to sit down every now and then just to catch up over some fun. I have to say, however, with the admittedly small amount of time I've been here, I'm already hooked. I started skulking through the forums when I knew I wanted to be more involved and after reading through threads and a few posts I am very excited to be joining this community and look forward to seeing everyone in the skies.

Expect to see me around a lot and, with any luck, the crew I'm bringing in will be as involved!

All the best fellow fliers!
Quintessince

Ps. I am all about connections so please please, reach out ask me questions of old games or just say hi so I can ask you about your gaming passion! I'll having information regarding streams and youtube uploads available once I upload my profile information!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2015, 01:49:32 pm by Quintessince »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 08, 2015, 12:04:46 am »
I see a vet in that one, guys, I do indeed.

Welcome, welcome!  One such as yourself shall be instantly welcomed into the community.  Peice of advice- if something bad happens, blame Shinkurex.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 08, 2015, 02:27:57 am »

Welcome, welcome!  One such as yourself shall be instantly welcomed into the community.  Peice of advice- if something bad happens, blame Shinkurex.

I blame Shin for your terrible pronounciation :P

Hey there, glad you're enjoying yourself in GOI, because that's not a thing we commonly hear. As others have already said and butchered the metaphor with: Icarus is a very niche game and may not tend to interest or please anyone easily. But I'm glad this ugly boy of a game could seduce you at the very least (*wink* anyone? Come awn, its just a metaphor)

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 08, 2015, 02:33:53 am »

What pronunciation?

Are you poking fun at my accent. >:(

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 08, 2015, 03:24:19 am »

What pronunciation?

Wait, it was an accent?! Goddamn...

...It's still Shin's fault that you're so Zuka at your accents, shaded.

Offline Quintessince

• Salutes: 5
    • [✧YE✧]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch-Quintessince Gaming
« Reply #416 on: April 08, 2015, 10:26:24 am »
Thank you for the welcome!

And while I have yet to see Shinkurex, I'll be sure and inform him of his constant rabble-rousing and blameworthiness.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 08, 2015, 10:57:57 am »
Gah, i've been trying to get the story of why we blame him for a long time now. He along with a lot of my clan dont play as much anymore. Beware of flying against Zill though, particularly if he has Yiski as his gunner.

Offline ShadedExalt

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 08, 2015, 12:27:56 pm »

What pronunciation?

Wait, it was an accent?! Goddamn...

...It's still Shin's fault that you're so Zuka at your accents, shaded.

Still have no clue what you're talking about.

But then, Zuka.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 08, 2015, 12:59:07 pm »
I've never flown with Zuka, and no one calls him Shin, its Shink or Shinkurex