Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 346582 times)

Offline KyleADunn

• Salutes: 0
    • [Cwn]
    • View Profile
Hey, I'm Kyle: Gunner, PC builder, and Sociology student
« Reply #330 on: February 21, 2014, 12:56:03 pm »
Hello there people of the steamy-skies! I'm Kyle. I fly amongst friends, and eagerly take the gunner's position. I utilize my knowledge of sociology and social psychology to assist the captain-at-hand in understanding and fully utilizing his crewmen. Some may believe it to be foolish to bring real world knowledge and application into the game, but given the high success rates of the ships I've sailed upon, I take it to be fairly successful.

Do not take me for a fool, or a "noob", merely based upon my match number or levels. The other day, a lvl 14 gal scoffed at me when I tried to give input to a captain, saying "40 matches...that's not experience." I prompty blew her and the rest of her higher leveled crew out of the sky.

I hope that I may become a well integrated member of our society, and I'm looking forward to chatting with any and all mature players out there!

On a side note, I am also a computer hardware technician. I build computers ranging from budgets of $350 - $1,500. I will assist any and everyone with designing a build of AMD/Intel, with ATI/Nvidia, 100% free of charge. I enjoy helping others and designing custom computers. I have even helped a fellow do the building from states away, by having him attach a webcam to the bill of his cap. The build ran flawlessly. So yeah, just PM me! Custom builds are cheap and powerful. $600 is a good budget for a powerful AMD build, or $800 for Intel. And no, you don't buy anything from me.

Offline Syconawt

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
    • Musics!
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #331 on: February 27, 2014, 11:26:46 am »
No matter what forum/game I go on, I'm always missing the introductions thread. Typical.

Anyway, hello! Some of you might have seen me in game, but for those who haven't, I'm Syco: musician/producer/madman by day, bad engineer/terrible gunner/even worse pilot by night. If you were one of the millions of people who watched the Aerodrome videos, you will have heard some of my work. I used to do strictly Electronic Music but recently I've moved onto more orchestral stuff as well as producing music for the band.

Generally I fly with the Bully Boys (for the simple reason that they're always online when I am) and I mostly play as an engineer. I wouldn't mind getting more flight time in but my career keeps me off the grid for days at times. Still, I enjoy the moments I get whenever I get to play.

Also, I'm Irish, so if you hear me mumbling incoherently with occasional gulps in between, please ignore everything I am saying.  :P

Offline Cootersneeze

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Cootsy's FB Page
« Reply #332 on: March 20, 2014, 04:21:58 pm »
Ehh, about time I introduced myself on the forum!

Hello! I'm Cootsy, and I mainly pilot. I try my best to get my Engi and Gunner status up in case someone needs it as well, and ... I should get to that someday.
Either way, hi! I've been making a lot of friends in the game and I wanna be part of this community the best I can. Sooo yeah.

I might touch you.

Offline JohnGReco

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: April 22, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »
Hello everyone! Name 's John (capt Obvious)

I bought the game near the day it came out and I was amazed by it!
A big THANKS to all the DEVs and the TEAM for such great game support!  :D

I'm looking forward to become one of the best Engineers on summer!!  ;D
I'ma smash all of yo ships! >:)
Prepaaaaaaaaaaaare your aa-.. shiiiips! :D

Offline SalmonSushi

• [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: April 25, 2014, 07:38:14 pm »
Hello everyone, hope you are all enjoying your day and this game of course  :D

I actually had and played this game for couple months now but never actually checked the forums or posted anything.

So today I decided its finally time to post something on the forums and get to know the community a little better.

My ingame name is curently SalmonSushi, I am currently on the EST time zone of Canada.
My twitchTV name would be sojuTiger and my Steam name is Camofrog.

I usually play the engineer class in game but I would prefer to play the gunner actually (I guess everyone does?   ::))
I pretty much play everyday so I would appreiciate if anyone wants to play with me.
That being said I am not the best or really bad at this game but I do know all the basics of this game.

On the casual side, I finished school this year and my goal is to join a company as a Marketing and Promotion position. I love presenting ideas and information to people alot, and talking in general so I am currently looking foward to finding a job where I can work as a team to promote a product or the company overall. I have no specific type of company or group that I want to join right now, however I would not mind if I get hired at a video game studio or anything game related.

Hope to see everyone in game and thank you Muse Games for an amazing game!

Offline Daemacil

• Salutes: 1
    • [FIRE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 07, 2014, 07:31:13 pm »
New-ish here. I don't do forums much and I'm usually quiet in game but hope to see you all around.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 07, 2014, 07:42:07 pm »
Hi everybody!  I'm shae.  my fiance -who apparently just posted as I was typing- has been playing a little while, and I was really interested, so he bought me a four-pack of the game for my birthday, which was promptly distributed among friends.  we're both really enjoying the game and we both really want to see this community grow, so I thought I'd say hi and get to know you guys a little better.
I used to play Air Warrior wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back in the day (the 90s), before they took it down...and I played on a small Ragnarok Online server for years, until it went down...each kind of left a hole when they did.  I've been playing more casual games since.  I've missed playing something community-driven.  this game is giving me that thing I've been missing, and I'm quite grateful to Muse and all you awesome people out there that I've met so far.

looking forward to seeing you in the skies.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: May 07, 2014, 09:19:47 pm »
Welcome aboard everyone! First off general greeting, I hope you guys find a happy home right here in GOI and I hope you decide to stick around for a while longer and I'll you guys in the skies sometime!

Offline Captain Estrata

• Salutes: 1
    • [AJSA]
    • View Profile
    • Estrata Productions
« Reply #338 on: May 15, 2014, 05:42:55 am »
Hi Everyone,

New to GoI but man Im having fun. The online community has been really helpful too, best gaming experience I have had.
Cheers

Offline Twisteh

• [PD.I]
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2014, 03:51:05 pm »
Just before I forget to add in my lil' piece of sand to this, here it comes!

--

Hello fellow Sky Traveler, Adventurer, Pirate, or even Mercenary! Axlgx here, to sum to the list of people that fly in the skies!
If we meet in a Tavern, Bar, Pub, or illegal distillery, I wouldn't mind getting a drink to share with you, with the obvious exchange of bullets in the battlefield the next second!
Of course, I'll try to be nice with you, and everyone else in the same ship. And of course, there is no promise that you leave the battle unharmed! (Same with me...)
But, as every good fighter of the skies, we have a code of honour... Well... Kindoff.
I love playing strange strategies, such as Ramming, cloud-shifting, and minefields. Minefields everywhere!
I'm planning on getting the Spire once I reach rank 4, and I have a perfect name for it...

Anyways, I'm waiting for the moment when we meet in the Sky, mate!

Offline RedRoach

• Salutes: 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: May 31, 2014, 07:29:33 pm »
Hey everyone, my name is RedRoach, but most people would prefer to call me either Red or Roach depending on said people. I've gotten the game a few weeks ago from a Steam sale and have been in love for a while. I prefer playing around as an engineer, but more often than not I find myself in front of a gun. I still stay as engineer in the end though, because when the poop hits the engine, a gunner doesn't have enough tools to repair, rebuild and extinguish all at the same time. Although my mic is operational, some unusual conflict between my game and my computer have caused my game to freeze every now and then when I hit the voice button... for 20 seconds and causing much stress in a heated battle, so text chat has become my friend now.

Hopefully, when the ship is burning and our hull is flashing, I'll see you from my crash.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 02, 2014, 01:04:38 am »
Welcome guys, glad to see new people entering the skies. Even if we shoot at each other. But hope to see you all.

-Fair Winds and Clear Skies.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 01:11:53 am by BdrLineAzn »

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #342 on: June 08, 2014, 11:01:52 pm »
Oh hello!  I'm Sparky.  I'm a fairly new but also fairly addicted player.  I've played over 500 matches in the less-than-a-month since joining, so perhaps I've flown with you or shot at you or had a laugh waiting in a lobby.  Shooting things is my favorite.  I like to fly with silly people who communicate and take the game seriously enough to want to win, but don't yell at each other or act too tryhard.  I like to drink rum while I play because it makes me feel like a sky pirate.  Say hi if you see me in the skies!  :)

Offline obliviondoll

• Salutes: 26
    • [BSky]
    • View Profile
    • obliviondoll's blog (barely-maintained)
« Reply #343 on: July 02, 2014, 04:49:59 am »
Hi! I'm obliviondoll, and I'm a very new arrival in the game.

I've been on the forums for a few days, mostly lurking, but with a couple of posts. Today, I finally got a chance to actually play the game alongside a couple of friends.

I've played only a handful of matches, and I already know I'm going to be here for a while. This game is great fun, and I look forward to learning and improving and eventually becoming at least competent. I've done badly in some games, and had a moderate level of success in others. I feel like I'm a weak link, but not so severe a weak link that I can't learn from watching how others play. Hopefully I'll be able to keep learning from people here as well as in-game.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 02, 2014, 09:17:35 am »
Welcome to a life in the skies obliviondoll. If I may offer some advice, I'd say start out as engineer. That will give you the most knowledge on how the game operates and how ships go from flying high to sitting as a pile of debris in the sand. If you do want to pick up gunning, learn about the different damage types. Piercing will get you through their armor, bit not much rather, while explosive will help you finish them off. If you are looking to become a pilot, you'll need to communicate absolutely everything to anyone that needs to hear it. You'll need to fly in agreement with the other captains in the game, and you'll need to know when and how to engage the enemy. No matter what you play or how you play it though, your greatest tool is your ability to communicate.

Best of luck to you and see you in the skies,
Queso