Author Topic: Introductions!  (Read 342154 times)

Offline admin

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 13
    • View Profile
Introductions!
« on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:04 pm »
Welcome to the forum!

Step up and introduce yourself here!

Offline SpaceMuffin

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 3
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Introductions!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 11:13:40 am »
Heya,

I am the tech artist on the team. I typically fly the ship Apples in game.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 11:28:29 am »
I'm Alex, a developer at Muse.  Mostly I do graphics/rendering and network programming, but I've touched just about everything in the game at some point.  You may also see me online occasionally under the name Jormungandr.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:17:07 pm by Watchmaker »

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 11:49:01 am »
Hi, there! Clara Skyborn, aka Jess here. I'm one of the designers here at Muse, as well as writer/worldbuilder and community manager. I spend my days thinking up names for things and drinking cup after cup of tea.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:50:01 pm »
Hey look new forums, and I get to be the first non Muse employee to introduce myself. I go by HamsterIV in game and Wilson in real life. I like Guns of Icarus because it lets me live out that ruthless naval captain fantasy I have without undergoing the years of training and hard work to get to that position IRL. I also fancy my self a game developer, but to date have not created anything noteworthy. What I have created I post to http://www.monkeydev.com/ .

See you in the skies.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 02:21:14 pm »
I am known as RearAdmiralZill. American network administrator by day, and alcohol stealing/dealing wanderer in my free time on GOIO. I have over 600 hours of gameplay time, go I obviously play too much and have no life.

People know me for my exploits as a ship captain, notorious for aggressive tactics more than anything else.

I started playing as an engie. It allowed me learn all the ship layouts and get a feel for that kind of gameplay. It definitely was a hectic job, but I knew I wouldnt be doing that forever. Captain was my end-goal, and thus I began that after gaining a few levels in engineering. At first I stuck mostly to my trusty pyramidion. She did me well so why change, right? Well I soon realized that was short sighted, and began flying each ship. Every ship has a space in my heart now. I tinker with loadouts that others would laugh at, and call worthless. Still, through all the wins and defeats, one thing has been clear; The community that has built itself around my persona is what drives me on. To all the crewmen that have served under me, and the captains that fly beside me, it has to be one of the best experiences to have that kind of teamwork pay off into what can only be described as poetic victory. To see this network of people both work together and challenge one another is what makes me work to be the best captain. And of course drives my lucrative moonshine and rum business!

So I raise my mug to all you misfits and no-good crew who have flocked to my matches and eventually my hideouts, as this captain knows his skills would be for naught without you all too. Fly beside me if you wish, and challenge me if you dare, at the end of it all, RearAdmiralZill still emerges from the clouds with a stash of barrels in the hold to celebrate good times.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 02:31:31 pm »
Servus!

Seemingly still the only one around the forums who speaks German, (might hopefully change now with the new one!) and not even a good one with that, because Austrian.

I stumbled upon the game some good 2 months ago, when I got interested in Steampunk and wondered if there aren't any proper games out there with Steampunk airships. GoIO fitted in quite well. After I got around reading several tutorials and the wiki, I dared starting as an Engineer and soon followed to Captain for some of my colleagues. When I'm not playing GoIo, I currently work for a Austrian NGO that specializes in workers rights and do workshops about globalization (hunger, to be exact), for the styrian Caritas.

If you happen to see me online, and I'm piloting, feel free to join aboard my ship, I don't mind newcomers. You'll have to deal with my styrian accent, but that will just work out fine!

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 04:08:05 pm »
Yiski reporting in for blowing stuff up.

Started off as an engineer, but gunning things down is where I shine best. I have a high proficiency of all the guns. I crew for any pilot worth their weight is gunpowder and rum. You'll see me frequently as an engineer and only as a pilot when I decide to throw sense and sanity overboard.

Always willing to help those who want to be helped.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 04:09:55 pm »
My name is Eric.  I designed most the systems like the engineer game and stuff.  I balance all the weapons all of the time.

Yeah :P

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 04:47:29 pm »
I am Tim, the terrible, the tyrant, the Cloud Whaler.
I reside in the wild North East.  Well, the tamer well populated forested south east of the north east.  Buzzards Bay....  Wareham.
I'm a former combat engineer in the Navy, and since I love all things engineering that is what I started out on in Guns.

This gave me a good idea of gun position, repair times and how much damage a ship could take in a full flak broadside before we wen't POP.  I migrated to captain after a series of terrible relationships with drunk captains screaming in some strange form of Xbox language I've never been exposed to.
I love captaining, I also love team work.  I loathe fair fights or honorable combat and would rather gang up on a lonely pilot with a floundering crew and disorganized team with a terrible broadside of wrecking damage and watch their shattered ship plummet to the earth below.
So that's me. 

...  Cloud whales exist!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 05:01:02 pm »
Hi, I'm N-Sunderland, most commonly known as Sunderland, though people have referred to me in the past as Sunder, or even N (don't call me that). I'm a mod in the French section, and it would be great if any French speakers could go post there, in order to make me feel like I'm an all powerful moderator-dictator or something.

Anyways, I started GoIO as an engineer, since gunning seemed a bit boring to me. I really got quite good at it, and gained a very good understanding of the game. After putting the better part of my 160 or so hours played (I'm not as obsessed as some people...) into engineering, I've started looking into other areas. I've gotten quite good at gunning, but my piloting is still atrocious. If you ever end up on a ship with me at the helm, it would be in your best interest to switch teams.

So yeah, that's me.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2013, 09:59:45 pm »
Well I guess I shall put myself back into this.

Name is Letus, your everyday friendly local dragon who apparently sounds like Jesse Eisenberg...don't hold me to that account, I don't even know who that guy is, just been told that a lot for a year now  ._.

Started playing Guns of Icarus Online during the Fall Sale when a friend got it for me as a gift.  Two hours later I was hooked.  Currently, the "best" class I am would be the Engineer, I started as the engineer...and will probably still dominate the playtime as engineer...and is probably my favourite thing to do.

Piloting would be in second place.

I am not elite in any of the tiers, and frankly, am mediocre at the most, but I know enough to be able to help anyone who is new.  I tend to be quiet (even though those who know me would think otherwise,) and that fact shows more while I am piloting.  If I'm not talking--it normally means I am concentrating from "I need to place this shot" to "I don't want us to blow up" to "I wonder what's for breakfast on Monday?"

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2013, 10:04:36 pm »
Well I guess I shall put myself back into this.

Name is Letus, your everyday friendly local dragon who apparently sounds like Jesse Eisenberg...don't hold me to that account, I don't even know who that guy is, just been told that a lot for a year now  ._.

Jesse Eisenberg is this guy: http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV5BMTc3Mzc4MDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzYzNzM5Mw@@._V1._SY314_CR11,0,214,314_.jpg

He's most famous for playing Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network. And you do kinda sound like him :P

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2013, 10:31:39 pm »
I am Captian Ccrack, and chances are that if youve played with me.... you probbly dont remember

errr... not much els to say, im a pretty simple person.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2013, 10:51:50 pm »
Think it is high time to introduce myself.

In game I'm BdrLineAzn and before i go on, some people wonder what all these bunch letters mean. For the "borderline" part i live in the southern part of sunny San Diego and, literally, I can see the Mexican-American Border of TJ from my window , and the Asian part...... well that is self explanatory. While in real life I'm a young freshman by the name of Louie in college trying to get by.

So i bought this game from the November sale since i saw gameplay from both TotalBiscuit as well the Yogscast and i was hooked. When i first played, like all new players, i didn't know jiggly squat and just run like a headless chicken. But after a few rounds, some teachings from experienced crews, and what i picked up from chat it help me turn into a decent player. My most skilled class is being an engineer as i like the chaotic things going around while i try to fix things, but i have my hand at gunning as well as piloting (but I tend to go a little insane when i fly hehe). But I do enjoy playing with many people in this game and if there is anyone new out there willing to learn, I am open to give out advice and train new guys even if it means losing a match.

So signing off from this wall of text, see ya in the skies.