Author Topic: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done  (Read 75002 times)

Offline Jinrai

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2013, 02:39:16 pm »
Crazy things I've done... hmmm...

Using a balloon pop squid to tackle a Galleon with a newby crew all speaking Russian, using impact bumpers and my Hulls armor (Squid armor, lol, I know right?) to keep the Galleon on the ground while trying to pop it and speaking a slurred russian from google translate.

After a match my gunner speaks in PERFECT english, "Your russian is very bad, please, use English."

how the heck did you manage to keep a galleon on the ground while simultaneously translating things in Google to RUSSIAN and then try to pronounce them right afterwards while still battling the Galleon.

I'm baffled by your superhuman powers ^^

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »
The Sky Whale has gifted Lord Dick Tim with powers beyond that of normal men. He is now post human like the Kwisatz Haderach of legend.

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2013, 06:55:22 pm »
Fire and kill a Galleon for the winning point with a Charged-Buffed Harpoon on a junker.

I was crewing under AhhBissetto and decided to be "lower-deck Engi!" with a buff-hammer and a pipewrench, I kept my engine alive, and used her two harpoons to rail things into the ground, we effectively got a killed from me telling her to chute-vent down, ramming a squid into the ground (inspired by other tales I've heard).

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2013, 07:36:34 pm »
My favorite moment by far has been the Poop Deck Pricker colliding with a wall at a roughly 30° angle, bouncing off at roughly two to three times its normal top speed and RIGHT into an otherwise too far to reach enemy Pyramidion, OLBITERATING it from full armor and HP (it lived for like two seconds before dying to a lone gatling) for the win.  And of course, it was square in the engines, just to live up to the name.

Ah, I forgot to mention that Zuka was my ally that round, we just NARROWLY missed hitting him causing us to hit the wall in the first place, and narrowly missing him again when we launched at supersonic speed towards the enemy Pyramidion.  We spent the score screen and a good two minutes in the lobby just laughing uncontrollably.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2013, 10:01:07 pm »
I just played a few victorious matches with two native-Russian fellows earlier today. Every time we destroyed a ship, they broke out into song in Russian. I tried to join in  :-\

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:34 am »

Using a balloon pop squid to tackle a Galleon with a newby crew all speaking Russian, using impact bumpers and my Hulls armor (Squid armor, lol, I know right?) to keep the Galleon on the ground while trying to pop it and speaking a slurred russian from google translate.

After a match my gunner speaks in PERFECT english, "Your russian is very bad, please, use English."

how the heck did you manage to keep a galleon on the ground while simultaneously translating things in Google to RUSSIAN and then try to pronounce them right afterwards while still battling the Galleon.

I badgered my wife to use her computer next to me.  Ahh, wife slave, make me a sandwich, do my laundry, translate this into russian for me.  Well... only the last thing ever happened.

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2013, 12:04:31 am »

I badgered my wife to use her computer next to me.  Ahh, wife slave, make me a sandwich, do my laundry, translate this into russian for me.  Well... only the last thing ever happened.

I made sandwhiches; did the laundry and translated a whole lot of different things in exotic languages for my husband and I got divorced last year;- so it's either the sandwhich or laundry that is doomed to fail your marriage by elimination process.  I'm personally rooting for the sandwhich.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 01:51:22 am »
LOL, thanks Phoebe.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2013, 08:38:23 am »
LOL, thanks Phoebe.

She's starting to scare me. Same for you?

(just kidding, Phoebe :P)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 14, 2013, 05:29:17 am »
Terrified.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 14, 2013, 06:06:31 am »
This might not qualify, but this is the most absurd thing that's ever happened to me, please keep in mind this was BEFORE "smart" spawning.

Piloting the Galleon, in a hellish battle fighting for my life, try to vent chute down to avoid fire, but it doesn't work, we're killed. Oh well.

Respawn. You know how when you have a piloting tool active when you die, when you get back on the helm that tool is still selected? Well the second I touch the helm we plummet straight down thanks to the vent chute. We go down and through the enemy squid that was right under where I spawned.

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »
or when I crewed in a match made up entirely of Galleons with carronades in every slot.

I did that
Video'd it, too
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VumoxAzH-Ow
Actually, we did a whole lot that day.

Took a Galleon's  weak side and Hwatcha sniped Galleons in a 2v2 (this is pre flak updates, too.)  We had two kills on that, and the squid got 3.
Dual Spire team...we won
Dual Squid vs. Dual Galleon...we won.  Died 3 times because the second Galleon had a decent pilot who would harpoon us and drag us into the fire of two Hwatchas...
3 Galleon vs 3 Squids in Angelan Raiders...we (the Galleons) won...

Mostly, I try to talk non-chalantly as if everything is alright to crews, or even captains if I get that spot...
some of you probably got to experience that...

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2013, 01:58:27 pm »
I made sandwhiches; did the laundry and translated a whole lot of different things in exotic languages for my husband and I got divorced last year;- so it's either the sandwhich or laundry that is doomed to fail your marriage by elimination process.  I'm personally rooting for the sandwhich.

So long as the sandwiches your wife makes you never exceeds the dishes you do or the garbage you take out, your marriage should be fairly safe. As for translating to Russian, I did that before the match started and used a piece of paper. Ahh slave piece of paper, you will never abandon me.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2013, 09:54:13 pm »
OK!  I have a new thing to top the most stupid things I've done.

Harpoon on the Cloud Whaler, on the bowsprit, because you know...  It's a Cloud Whaler.  Anyways, my engineer, Jilliekun, harpoons a Pyramidion piloted by our own Japanese CA.  I'm rocketed to the right in a tight turn with phoenix claw, pulling the Pyramidion while my gunner shreds it's armor with the gattling.
The Pyramidion sling shots full bore into the mountain side in Fjords and just explodes.  Was AWESOME.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2013, 09:59:25 pm »
OK!  I have a new thing to top the most stupid things I've done.

Harpoon on the Cloud Whaler, on the bowsprit, because you know...  It's a Cloud Whaler.  Anyways, my engineer, Jilliekun, harpoons a Pyramidion piloted by our own Japanese CA.  I'm rocketed to the right in a tight turn with phoenix claw, pulling the Pyramidion while my gunner shreds it's armor with the gattling.
The Pyramidion sling shots full bore into the mountain side in Fjords and just explodes.  Was AWESOME.

Wow.

It's at moments like those that you start thinking that the harpoon is an amazing weapon, until you remember that it's not that great in general.