Author Topic: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done  (Read 75822 times)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2013, 04:30:22 am »
Friendly spire dies, it's Fjords, two pyramidions are dead ahead, the one on my right is corkscrewing and descending with a busted balloon and right engine failure. 

One is bearing down on me, I've got kerosene, Phoenix claw, and ink.  Experience tells me to turn hard, ink and burn for my ally so we can be 2v1, but my ally has been using his spire like a close range ram and lasts 4 seconds toe to toe with the pyra.

I tell my gunner, charged rounds strip the balloon, I charge the pyra, it's balloon pops and begins to slide under me, I dive just over it and keep diving, inking him, disabling his guns and engines, I burn kerosene and head straight for the disabled pyramidion close to a mountain and ground, gunner kills his ballon, I bank hard right with claw and hit his front end, get sent forward while he strikes the wall, ink him, his components blow up.
Come about hard again on Phoenix, while my newby engineer frantically gets my engines to semi full, ram the crippled pyra through my ink to score the kill.

Other pyra finally is coming to help, shred my balloon and I start descending fast, but turn into the charge and have gunner load loch and scores a lucky balloon strike that also breaks armor.  Out of the clouds, the friendly spire comes charging down weapons blazing and finishes the pyramidion.

We go on to loose the match 5-2, spire feeds the team 4 more times with rams.  But those 2 kills, awesome.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2013, 12:44:23 am »
I talked my captain to put a mortar on the underside of our junker.

Offline Meriwether

• Salutes: 8
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2013, 01:25:39 am »
Squidpoon match:  After Zill said "If we score a harpoon Loch kill, that's it - I'm done", I had to oblige, and a Lochnagar Shot kill was scored with a harpoon at spitting distance.  Is there a rarer kind of kill?  Ridiculous indeed.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2013, 01:33:35 am by Meriwether »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2013, 05:23:14 am »
doing a only-flare fight with 4 junkers, LONGEST RAVE PARTY EVUR!

Offline Silencio

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 10, 2013, 09:55:56 am »
Eh, not so many 'crazy' things, but I suppose destroying Ridgedog's ship whilst flying backwards in a Goldfish counts.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #50 on: April 10, 2013, 04:34:21 pm »
Took a galleon low altitude into the canyon to save an ally that was getting double teamed by a blender-fish and a Pyramidion. I kill the blenderfish with a Carronade and Hwacha on my right side, and scared the Pyramidion into Heliuming out of the battle.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 11:51:19 pm »
Eh, not so many 'crazy' things, but I suppose destroying Ridgedog's ship whilst flying backwards in a Goldfish counts.

I think its an unofficial rule that when going backwards with a goldfish you have to go "BEEP... BEEP... BEEP" like a backing up truck.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2013, 12:28:21 am »
A goldfish?  I think you mean a galleon.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2013, 01:00:32 am »
I'm pretty sure he means spire

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2013, 11:41:22 am »
I'm with Helmic, you can't see behind you on a Galleon so a warning beep over captain chat might be more appropriate.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 13, 2013, 04:22:24 am »
Rather it was something our crew did as a whole. Our captain decided he wanted to see what would happen if he crashed into the water so he got off the helm and just watched as we crashed into a nearby rock on water hazard, I then began singing The Minstrel Boy while repairing the hull, we crash into several more rocks before our captain decided he didn't want to die, all in all we ended up not dying that whole round and won.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 04:31:27 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Machiavelliest

• Salutes: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 13, 2013, 08:02:29 am »
Chuting down through the arch on Fjords then H2ing up the other side to kill an enemy with a Squid Shoryuken.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2013, 08:36:19 am »
Chuting down through the arch on Fjords then H2ing up the other side to kill an enemy with a Squid Shoryuken.

Those hydrogen kills are the best. Especially when you come from like 200 metres below.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2013, 09:00:28 am »

Those hydrogen kills are the best. Especially when you come from like 200 metres below.

I can never get the hydrogen uppercuts to work :( Just ask Metal Man

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2013, 04:34:54 pm »
Happened back in the last Steam sale in a Fight over Ein......
the Anglean Raiders DM map

I had my lumberjack, and they had a hwatcha (unlucky gunner didn't know how to use it) and a blenderfish.

Being a Lumberfish, I did my role of long-distant support.  when it got to around 4-2 (favour of my team and my ship has yet to fall,) the two Goldfish started to team on me; however...the Hwatcha stayed at range while the Blender came close.  I did my first instinct, which is falling back to allow the full use of lesmok and charged rounds for the Lumberjack, but I did not have kerosine; the blenderfish did.

Instead, I went full throttle into the blenderfish, used Hydrogen to scoot over them, full reversed, and phoenix clawed an about face.  I continued to go in reverse as my gunner put in Incindiary and then Charged rounds into the Lumberjack respectfully.

I played chicken with the Carronade fish like that for three passes until they eventually just blew up.
Then of course went to handle the hwatcha while he was long range-non heavy clipping me.  Until the Blenderfish came back, in which I repeated the same maneuvers, got him again, and then finally sank the Hwatcha with a steal kill.