Author Topic: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done  (Read 75808 times)

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
Re: Most Ridiculous Things You've Done
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 01:59:58 am »
Ya, a lot of things need to come together for that to happen.  The pyramidion was likely going full speed, I was at top speed reverse, with phoenix claw on while turning and the Harpoon shot was a lucky hit.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 11:19:05 pm »
It wasn't really ridiculous, but one time I was flying a squid on Duel at Dawn when I spot this spire in one of the wrecked ship cavities. I decide to fly around to the big opening instead of trying to come through the ribs. Just as I am about to clear the last rib I get this premonition that the Spire probably saw me coming this way and is waiting with a Manticore aimed in my direction. I put the squid in full reverse and come to a stop. Not two seconds later this wall of Manticore rockets comes flying past our nose. I told my crew the reason why I stopped before we saw the rocket barge. They were suitably impressed.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2013, 03:05:45 am »
It wasn't really ridiculous, but one time I was flying a squid on Duel at Dawn when I spot this spire in one of the wrecked ship cavities. I decide to fly around to the big opening instead of trying to come through the ribs. Just as I am about to clear the last rib I get this premonition that the Spire probably saw me coming this way and is waiting with a Manticore aimed in my direction. I put the squid in full reverse and come to a stop. Not two seconds later this wall of Manticore rockets comes flying past our nose. I told my crew the reason why I stopped before we saw the rocket barge. They were suitably impressed.

I'm suitably impressed.  ....what number am I thinking of?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 16, 2013, 05:15:40 pm »
Was flying today, doing my best to ram the life out of everybody. I'm usually terrible at it, but today it worked. I was flying my Pyra towards an enemy Spire, with their Goldfish nearby. My gunners weakened the Spire's hull, I rammed it, and it predictably exploded. But then I was thrown to the side, straight into the Goldfish. Full health to destruction. Double ram kill. It felt amazing, and it was a complete accident.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2013, 07:42:38 pm »
You are not thinking of a number, you are thinking of a sky whale.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 18, 2013, 01:31:28 am »
You are not thinking of a number, you are thinking of a sky whale.

Get out of my head daemons!

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2013, 05:00:07 am »
The other night, well Sunday March 17th, I was a gunner on a Goldfish with another gunner...and BdrLineAzn was the unfortunate pilot.

I don't remember if we won the match or not...I think we did...I just remember shouting out "WE'RE GONNA BE OKAY!  I HAVE A MALLET!"  and "MY GUN IS ON FIRE, BUT DON'T WORRY, I HAVE A MALLET!"
Just a lot of pointing out the mallet...

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2013, 06:37:38 am »
One of those strange little details this morning, engineering for Gilder on Goldfish and a Flak round from a Pyra sailed down the length of the deck, between me and the Hull repair point, about 2' off the deck and missing everything.  Perfect straight-down the hull alignment.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2013, 02:23:43 pm »
The other night, well Sunday March 17th, I was a gunner on a Goldfish with another gunner...and BdrLineAzn was the unfortunate pilot.

I don't remember if we won the match or not...I think we did...I just remember shouting out "WE'RE GONNA BE OKAY!  I HAVE A MALLET!"  and "MY GUN IS ON FIRE, BUT DON'T WORRY, I HAVE A MALLET!"

Ahh good times :) I think I was yelling (well laughing in a denial type of voice) of how we are not going to die... Then we did ahh good times Lol

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2013, 07:07:58 pm »

Ahh good times :) I think I was yelling (well laughing in a denial type of voice) of how we are not going to die... Then we did ahh good times Lol

Yeah, but when we didn't, it was because the mallet is so overpowered!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2013, 11:49:15 pm »
Jaeger and I spent a ridiculous amount of time today running up the ropes at the back of the Galleon to try and get to the top, which we eventually managed. I had no idea they were so intricate.

I also tried Practice mode for the first time since my first few days in the game, and probably only my third time ever. Using the damage and fire buttons is just so, so addictive.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 05, 2013, 01:31:46 am »
The most random moment I've ever had was when I was playing engie on a goldfish. Our ally was attacking a different ship and he had just died. There was a gatling targeted on that ship, so I decided to give it a shot. One shot from the gatling knocked over the enemy ship.

It felt so random.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 05, 2013, 02:04:43 am »
It's funnier when that happens to a galleon, then we can call it a deathstar moment.

Offline Captain Phil

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • DeviantART
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2013, 02:26:56 am »
I remember one time I moonshined rammed my ally to bounce off of them and ram kill the enemy for a quick kill steal.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2013, 03:05:40 am »
I remember one time I moonshined rammed my ally to bounce off of them and ram kill the enemy for a quick kill steal.

What is this? League of Legends?