Author Topic: 1.3.3 Spire  (Read 22597 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.3.3 Spire
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 10:55:41 am »
Yeah I guess I should focus on the lower gun to keep an engi down there for the balloon as well and just use the upper right gun myself, good call.. sometimes I can't see the obvious, lol. I might just have to switch the flare gun to the top gun this time around cause I realy want one on my Spire at all times.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 03:18:08 pm »
My current spire build is:
Merc top front, 2x Artemis left and right side. Hell hound for the main gun. I use the hellhound as a backup weapon while mostly relying on the Merc, Artemis, Artemis combo to take out my opponent at long range. The engineers take burst while the gunner takes charged heavy and burst. Most of the game the gunner sits on the merc putting holes in the other ship's armor while the engines shoot the Artemis. If the enemy gets too close, the gunner jumps down to to the hell hound and takes out the balloon, giving the spire some breathing room to run to his ally. When under fire both engineers will be at the hull and balloon so the cannonade is used more for getting out of a jam than actually killing.

This build has won and lost about the same number of matches. It is weak against squids and blender fish, but strong against pyramidions, galleons and junkers, provided it does not get ambushed. Also with the entire crew shooting the hull occasionally gets neglected. This build requires a very observant engineer and an obedient gunner.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 06:31:18 pm »
I haven't gotten a chance to mess around with it yet, but I've been considering the following Sniper Spire:

Top Deck
Forward Merc + Side Artemis
Pilot with Burst + Wrench
Wrench/Spanner/Extinguisher Engie with Charged (Merc Gunner)

Mid Deck
Heavy Flak + Side Artemis
Wrench Gunner with Lochnager, Charged, and Burst

Bottom Deck
Wrench/Buff/Extinguisher (maybe?) Engineer with Burst Rounds

The high arcs on the Artemis makes 4 guns incredibly easy, while the combination of long-range component disabling and the Merc/Flak kill combo should enable you to pin down and destroy targets at very long range.

You theif haha :P This is my exact ship xD

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 12:50:35 am »
How about this,

Top Hadez, Top Right  Mines.

Lower Left Light Flak, Heavy gun Hwacha.

Hadez strips armor, Hwacha Disables, Light flak kills, optionaly, the hwacha may also do the killing blow. And the mines keep them at range, specialy with lesmok.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 12:53:04 am by Crafeksterty »

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 07:25:20 am »
My current spire build is:
Merc top front, 2x Artemis left and right side. Hell hound for the main gun. I use the hellhound as a backup weapon while mostly relying on the Merc, Artemis, Artemis combo to take out my opponent at long range. The engineers take burst while the gunner takes charged heavy and burst. Most of the game the gunner sits on the merc putting holes in the other ship's armor while the engines shoot the Artemis. If the enemy gets too close, the gunner jumps down to to the hell hound and takes out the balloon, giving the spire some breathing room to run to his ally. When under fire both engineers will be at the hull and balloon so the cannonade is used more for getting out of a jam than actually killing.

This build has won and lost about the same number of matches. It is weak against squids and blender fish, but strong against pyramidions, galleons and junkers, provided it does not get ambushed. Also with the entire crew shooting the hull occasionally gets neglected. This build requires a very observant engineer and an obedient gunner.

I like the sound of that Hamster. Haven't had a chance to play with the new Spire yet.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2013, 01:21:49 am »
In the empty space where the balloon component used to be, there should be a ladder, leading up to the CROW'S NEST. Yes, a crow's nest.  I don't think anyone will disagree with me that the spire should have one. It could even be one more subtle buff to the ship as a great sniper due to giving it an advantage with spotting. But more importantly it's a crows nest. I also think the ships should have more climbing/parkour options.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2013, 01:36:50 am »
In the empty space where the balloon component used to be, there should be a ladder, leading up to the CROW'S NEST. Yes, a crow's nest.  I don't think anyone will disagree with me that the spire should have one. It could even be one more subtle buff to the ship as a great sniper due to giving it an advantage with spotting. But more importantly it's a crows nest. I also think the ships should have more climbing/parkour options.

The top deck does seem too empty now. I recommend a potted palm tree where the balloon used to be.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2013, 04:06:35 am »
Maybe a plant that looks like a balloon.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2013, 07:42:25 am »
Or a very large plant you can climb up to the top of to get a better view.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2013, 08:15:28 am »
I think the crows nest on the spire is a good idea. You normally have 3 guys on the top deck so I can see it getting more use than the one on the galleon.

Offline Parkourwalrus

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2013, 09:20:56 am »
Maybe they could raise the top right gun? it would allow for CQC mortar spires, and allow for a crows nest one level above the right gun. T'would act like a step towards the crows nest, with a ladder then leading up.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2013, 09:24:53 am by Parkourwalrus »

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2013, 11:46:37 am »
I played a lot of spire over the weekend and I kept on getting stuck in that void where the balloon used to be. The situation would be:
Shooting right side Artemis
Hull takes a hit
Leave gun and run backwards and sideways while turning towards the hull ramp.
Get caught on the railing between the balloon's old location and the ramp down.
Cuss a bit as I have to add two or three more secconds to get to the hull.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2013, 04:07:39 pm »
Pro tip: there's a quicker way to get to the hull from the right gun. On your way to the gun, jump onto the railing to your right and mount the gun as soon as it's in range. When you need to get to the hull, turn around and jump straight to it.

Mounting the railing is helpful, but not entirely necessary.