Author Topic: Some of ye olde concept arts  (Read 17638 times)

Offline Kriegson

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
Some of ye olde concept arts
« on: October 26, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »
Likely been discussed before (pictures date 2011) but here's some of the concepts for heavy weapons that haven't made it into the game (and possibly never will....adventure or co-op mode aside?)

Do you think these could be salvaged into the game? And how so? How would they work, what would their role be, and if used competitively how could they be balanced?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Some of ye olde concept arts
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 03:20:37 pm »
The large howitzer, while a cool idea, isn't going to happen unless it's in AM. Think of it this way: that thing's the size of a Junker.

Offline Kriegson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 03:23:06 pm »
The large howitzer, while a cool idea, isn't going to happen unless it's in AM. Think of it this way: that thing's the size of a Junker.
Haha, wow that's pretty awesome. Even then, aside from...well...killing villages, I can't imagine what else it might be used for, or more importantly mounted on. Can't imagine players getting ahold of them.

On the other hand...hrm. Assuming the godlamp isn't the same scale, I could see it as a medum flamethrower analogue.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2013, 03:26:43 pm »
Also, if I remember correctly the gun on Anglean/Firnfeld is or is based off of the howitzer (what gun, you ask? Take a closer look at that enormous scrap wall in the centre of the map :D)

As for the god lamp, that was one of several Tesla weapons that were planned for the game (gonna see if I can find the other pics), but it seems like they were scrapped. I can't stop imagining what could have been...

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2013, 03:30:07 pm »
Found them.

The harpoon one ended up evolving into what we have now, as is pretty obvious from the pic.

EDIT: Actually wait, the god lamp wasn't Tesla, was it? Oh well, the Tesla guns are cool anyways.

Offline Kriegson

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2013, 03:39:30 pm »
Found them.

The harpoon one ended up evolving into what we have now, as is pretty obvious from the pic.

EDIT: Actually wait, the god lamp wasn't Tesla, was it? Oh well, the Tesla guns are cool anyways.
There was even a tesla shield gun! Quite curious as to how that could have worked out...

And yeah, godlamp is a giant focused beam of light that sets things on fire, ant with a magnifying glass and all that.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2013, 04:18:29 pm »
I cannot confirm or deny the existence of the howitzer in the Guns VN. But what I can say is...Barracuda.

Offline The Churrosaur

• Salutes: 12
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 09:02:22 pm »
I cannot confirm or deny the existence of the howitzer in the Guns VN. But what I can say is...Barracuda.
TORPEDOES!!!!!!!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 09:10:53 pm »
I die a little inside each time I see those tesla weapons since they were never implemented and I'm stuck wondering why the hell not. Especially the tesla shield gun.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2013, 09:24:23 pm »
I know nothing. . nothing at all about these things *runs*

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2013, 10:03:47 pm »
COME BACK HERE LORD OF THE FUN PANTS!!!

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 03:42:23 am »
If only that howitzer could be fired blindly just for fun on the map.....like, I could jump off the ship, run there along those rails real quick and go BOOOOM! After that I would of course spawn back on ship and do my job.  ;) PLEEEEEEAAASEEE!!

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 07:22:49 am »
Andika is onto something..

Some games have that interactive feature in the maps. great antenna falling or building collapsing. Idk what kinda coding nightmare it is but it would be cool. For example:
- Howitzer comes back to life after a critical component that had blocked it's last shot before fails. Croaking, screaming, grinding sounds while the rusty old weapon at the side of the map starts to go through it's loading sequence, whilst gois finest battle among themselves even in the line of fire from the devastating weapon. Before end of map, the last "sigh" from the weapon and the devastating explosion and shot that might hit an airship or two.
- Harpoon same concept. Huge line shot thru map and might get hit by harpoon.
- Gigantic rotating propellers from the massive warships of the past.
- Godlamp waiting for sun alignment to get activated.
- Teslagun getting its last charge to fire.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 08:32:49 am »
Also, these two guns please:
http://youtu.be/AcofQ36I2iw?t=5m5s
http://youtu.be/AcofQ36I2iw?t=6m9s

But seriously, the old concept art contained some nice bun hairstyles for ladies. Any chance of seeing those in game? They looked awesome!

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:42:31 am »
God lamp, Hades cannon. I'd say they could be smooshed together to make the same gun.