Author Topic: Mobula Barrel Roll  (Read 8006 times)

Offline ItaVero

• Salutes: 1
    • [TEB]
    • View Profile
Mobula Barrel Roll
« on: October 20, 2013, 12:10:11 pm »
      Alright so I had a dream. I was on a Pyramidon and somehow there were like 15 people on this thing so everyone was fighting over guns. I walked up to the upper deck and I saw the guy on the Gatling next to the balloon get off and leave. Of course I jumped on it and then I saw a Mobula below us coming out of the clouds ahead.  I open fire on it and get a few hit-markers but then all of a sudden... it does a BARREL ROLL! In my dream state I thought he must be a great captain and didn't even question that this wasn't possible.  Then I saw him only flip halfway and he was upside down so I could only hit the balloon. I woke up and thought how cool that would be!

Imagine a pilot's item that released all of the air in one side of the balloon. Pardon my dream physics, but on the Mobula that side would fall rapidly while the other side rose, causing the ship to DO A BARREL ROLL!  Then the remaining helium would flow evenly throughout the balloon to readjust afterwards. So the item would look like:

Pros: Did a BARREL ROLL!
Cons: -50% balloon health, anyone not piloting, gunning, or inside falls to a tragic death.

So if you ignore the impossible physics, this could be pretty awesome.

Offline Nikodemos

• Salutes: 0
    • [SIR]
    • View Profile
Re: Mobula Barrel Roll
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »
I'm just having this thing going on in my head:

RandomEngineer - ThatJunkeriscomingwe'redeadweneedtodosomething, captain! Wait, w-what are you doing?

Captain?

What the f-WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »
Someone might be playing too much. xD

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »
But then we should also introduce asteroid fields to balance its advantage over other ships. Asteroids would only affect the mobie, all other ships could fly through them.

http://youtu.be/UTou2oUJYZ0?t=1m58s

Plus I'll re-name mine of course....

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 06:20:13 pm »
I'm sure thats just what Muse wants after nerfing the game to heck to appease the realists. Airships doing barrel rolls. :D

Not that I'm against that. I'm all for a squid doing this but you'll usually have a pretty vocal minority crying for blood and realism for a game that is as far from realism as you can get.

If it helps, I tend to picture them as a bunch of angry old guys at a retirement home rolling their chairs outside and screaming at the world.

Offline Serenum

• Salutes: 12
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 08:41:15 am »
I'm pretty sure that if a Mobula does a barrel roll it will just fly upside down for the rest of the game.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 08:50:50 am »
Wait, does it still count as a barrel roll if you don't make a full roll?

zlater75@hotmail.com

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 08:55:04 am »
 ???

Slightly tilted turns while moonshining would feel good but barrel rolls? Makes me think of the unicorn in red faction armageddon for some reason.  :-\

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:01:47 pm »
The crew inside the hull and balloon compartment of the mobula would not fall to their doom. They might get banged about and perhaps caught in machinery, but the would stay on the ship.

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 04:45:27 pm »
The crew inside the hull and balloon compartment of the mobula would not fall to their doom. They might get banged about and perhaps caught in machinery, but the would stay on the ship.

Which would still be potentially hilarious to watch...