Author Topic: [TAGS] for lobby matches?  (Read 5008 times)

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
[TAGS] for lobby matches?
« on: September 25, 2013, 08:42:08 pm »
Hey so last night I was on playing after work and was just in a random match and ended up on a team that was looking for a much more serious match. It's not like I was jumping up and down or anything but it was late, they said left side, I got on the right side because I was tired and I'm dumb and they got (justifiably) frustrated with me from that point on. I think it was fair of them to spend their entertainment time putting in the effort to achieve high results (most nights I like a challenge) but I think it's fair to not take the game as seriously in other matches as well.

Would you guys be in favor of a *unofficial* and *non-mandatory* suggestion to include a tag in your lobby name? If it said

[CAS] Treseritop's Game (Casual game)
[SER] Treseritop's Game (Serious game)

Or any acronym. I felt bad like I was ruining a match for them, and maybe it could help casual light-hearted players flock together, and let some of the players that would like to spend more time setting up, working on execution, etc. flock together as well without locking lobbies or being nazis about the whole thing.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: [TAGS] for lobby matches?
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:30:49 pm »
You can already do this when naming a lobby by just including it in the lobby name, on another note, I've been in lobbies when all of the original players in the lobby had left and it turned to the opposite of what was intended.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2013, 07:58:31 am »
Hey so last night I was on playing after work and was just in a random match and ended up on a team that was looking for a much more serious match. It's not like I was jumping up and down or anything but it was late, they said left side, I got on the right side because I was tired and I'm dumb and they got (justifiably) frustrated with me from that point on. I think it was fair of them to spend their entertainment time putting in the effort to achieve high results (most nights I like a challenge) but I think it's fair to not take the game as seriously in other matches as well.

Would you guys be in favor of a *unofficial* and *non-mandatory* suggestion to include a tag in your lobby name? If it said

[CAS] Treseritop's Game (Casual game)
[SER] Treseritop's Game (Serious game)

Or any acronym. I felt bad like I was ruining a match for them, and maybe it could help casual light-hearted players flock together, and let some of the players that would like to spend more time setting up, working on execution, etc. flock together as well without locking lobbies or being (please don't say this word) about the whole thing.

I like the idea but it would need to be taught to everyone who plays the game so they understand what it means :P

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2013, 09:21:06 am »
Quick join pretty much spoils any of these ideas currently.

I tried ages ago to name lobbies to attract a certain player (like lvl4+) and it just didn't work.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 11:50:42 am »
One man's casual can be another man's serious. Even when I am dicking around with experimental builds I will still yell at a crewman who is out of position or not maintaining a high enough hit rate. "Casual" shouldn't mean not do your best. That shame you feel when your actions have let down the crew will help you learn. Remember your mistakes and use that memory to become a better player.

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »
"Casual" shouldn't mean not do your best. That shame you feel when your actions have let down the crew will help you learn. Remember your mistakes and use that memory to become a better player.

I wasn't suggesting that we create tags of [Nobody is trying]. :p

And I realize that training of crew members isn't what this thread is referring to but I disagree about "shaming" them regardless. You should be aware of what mistakes you made during a match and learn from them, but I would never want crew on one of my ships to feel shameful about their performance. Even during the times where I know the only reason we are losing is because the gunners are missing a ton of shots, or shooting while the armor is up, etc. We'll get it right next match.