Author Topic: If you're here, who's flying the ship?  (Read 20455 times)

Offline treseritops

• Salutes: 6
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
Re: If you're here, who's flying the ship?
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 01:29:05 pm »
I wouldn't worry about it. Only if it is extraordinarily high will it ever become a problem. And it'll only become as much of a problem as the other players make it. I personally haven't flown with anybody that I knew to be a continual rage-quitter, but if there are some out there, you'll know and maybe ask them to fly on other ship/match.

I have had to leave a match as a captain once even (the dog threw up). But that's only once. I think most players will realize they leave much less than they would think (hopefully).

Offline MonsterMutt

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 01:52:54 pm »
I've left a match because my lag was so horrendously bad (think 10 second freezes) that my ship was better off being captained by an engie.  I explained myself and my crew totally agreed.

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2013, 01:31:00 am »
Any number in games left is one too many.
http://gunsoficarus.com/faq/#troll
2. Relocate — Leave the problem player behind by moving to a new lobby when the match is over. (If necessary, you can bring the match to a quicker end by explaining the issue to your team and surrendering, which is always preferred to abandoning a game in progress.) You can invite other players in the match to a party and take the whole gang to a new match in crew formation, leaving the troll alone in the cold.
Ah, they changed this. So Muse really is moving to turning this into a rage game?

People leave, get over it. If it isn't for real life problems, lag issues and power outs, it's usually because they really really really hate their crew. Don't want your captain to leave? Do the fuck he tells you. Easy as that.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 01:56:09 am »
http://gunsoficarus.com/faq/#troll
2. Relocate — Leave the problem player behind by moving to a new lobby when the match is over. (If necessary, you can bring the match to a quicker end by explaining the issue to your team and surrendering, which is always preferred to abandoning a game in progress.) You can invite other players in the match to a party and take the whole gang to a new match in crew formation, leaving the troll alone in the cold.
Ah, they changed this. So Muse really is moving to turning this into a rage game?

People leave, get over it. If it isn't for real life problems, lag issues and power outs, it's usually because they really really really hate their crew. Don't want your captain to leave? Do the fuck he tells you. Easy as that.
Fun fact (which is not really a fact, just a general observation): Captains often are the ones to leave first.

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 03:47:22 am »
Fun fact (which is not really a fact, just a general observation): Captains often are the ones to leave first.
Yes; and it's because they have to deal with the shit that some of their crewmembers pull on them.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 03:57:52 am »

Would this include for example, a power cut?
Disconnects aren't included in games left (or at least shouldn't be, according to muse).

Yes they are. At least if your game crashes then it does count...... Annoying

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 07:38:26 am »
Okay BUT... if i were to abandon a match and click resum would that count towards one? sometimes i make the unfortunate mistake of joining a ffriend from the social tab when the Game is about to start in 2 seconds. leaving me no time to do anything :/ NOW i know some people will say 'you should have prepared before' well sometimes you have to change your loadout to what the ship is, other crew etc.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 07:40:37 am »
Yes; and it's because they have to deal with the shit that some of their crewmembers pull on them.

Me and QKO rarely get along but i have to agree with him on this point.

Offline treseritops

• [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 08:31:14 am »
Okay BUT... if i were to abandon a match and click resum would that count towards one? sometimes i make the unfortunate mistake of joining a ffriend from the social tab when the Game is about to start in 2 seconds. leaving me no time to do anything :/ NOW i know some people will say 'you should have prepared before' well sometimes you have to change your loadout to what the ship is, other crew etc.

I've done this a few times and still have 0 leaves. Seems like it doesn't.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 11:18:36 am »
Not really. Most of them leave because they flew straight into a 2v1 thinking they can do... something?... get blow up, and leave.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2013, 12:56:35 pm »
Hmm, I'm in two minds about the entire system. On the one hand it's good to have a clear display of a leave count, and I can see that the intent was to discourage leaving. For the whole, this should be a good measure.

However, personally this brings me a lot of havoc- as some may know my internet is incredibly shoddy, cutting out whenever it feels like it. Dropping connection just before a game ended yesterday was a little infuriating, as the entire idea of a CA with numbers on the leave count is ridiculous- it's one of those things that shouldn't happen, and seeing a CA with numbers discredits the entire program. It'd be a touch better if the leave count was increased via a voluntary disconnect- pressing 'Exit Match, Exit Game' etc. or quitting the game on your desktop. As a side note, I fully support the idea that a CA should be able to rack up leaves, even more so than normal players. That and my limited understanding of Unity means I'm unsure of the difficulty of changing the leave count criteria.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2013, 01:09:57 pm »
@Wazulu
I am pretty sure it is a database value. If you sweet talk who ever is in charge of the database at Muse, you could probably get them to "fix" the leave count number on your account.