Author Topic: Training Day  (Read 104260 times)

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Training Day
« on: March 08, 2013, 08:58:05 am »
Alright... So this is largely due to the fact that I'm tired of people complaining about stacked teams, and the Veterans not bestowing knowledge on the new guys...

I am proposing a training day for the new guys. I would need at least 4 Veterans (3 if you want to call me a vet :P) to volunteer to be instructors each captaining a ship. The first couple of minutes of game play will be going over the ship, and player tools... and then we can brawl it out... There are a couple of different ideas that I have, but this thread is just to see if there is interest out there to do this, and if there are some Vets willing to volunteer (Which I have no doubt there are)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Training Day
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 09:13:04 am »
I'd help, but it would probably be best if somebody with a mic did so instead.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 09:22:49 am »
These games are happening already, plus occasional Sandbox tutorials.  I've done a couple, I know several forum names run them a lot.

They need to be evening sessions (GMT), because daytime games (GMT) are suffering.. cultural.. difficulties at the moment.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:30:31 am »
These games are happening already, plus occasional Sandbox tutorials.  I've done a couple, I know several forum names run them a lot.

They need to be evening sessions (GMT), because daytime games (GMT) are suffering.. cultural.. difficulties at the moment.

I figured there where, but nobody has advertised them on the forums.... Good idea on the evening sessions

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2013, 09:34:19 am »
You can usually get a Game or Ship filled fast if you advertise that you'll help any new players out a little, I've never had a shortage of willing to learn lads whenever I did that! It'd be great if we could get some people together to host a full 2v2 game. Put one veteran aboard every ship, and then approach things slowly. Did that once with another captain, writing everything in the regional chat once ingame. It worked, but was a hellish load of work :P

Playing the Sandbox map with other newbies is a great idea Pickle, I'll have to try that one out!
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 09:40:42 am by Kyren »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:25 am »
It'd be great if we could get some people together to host a full 2v2 game

This is what I'm hoping for... typing would definitely be interesting/a lot of work....

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 11:14:29 am »

I figured there where, but nobody has advertised them on the forums.... Good idea on the evening sessions

Even better now that the Captain can engineer a crisis situation and then explain how to deal with it.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2013, 11:22:38 am »
I'll help. This sort of thing should attract people who want to actually learn something.

Offline IvKir

• Salutes: 8
    • [CBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2013, 11:57:32 am »
Hey! This is a nice idea! I'll help too. Well i'm new guy, but already learned some tricks, and also can help with Russian players, who don't talk English.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2013, 12:20:11 pm »
Hey! This is a nice idea! I'll help too. Well i'm new guy, but already learned some tricks, and also can help with Russian players, who don't talk English.

Awesome!... we could definitely use you.... but I would also like to help you along as well

I'll help. This sort of thing should attract people who want to actually learn something.

I appreciate the help :)

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2013, 12:34:15 pm »
I guess it'll work best if we all make use of our social tab, remember the players that offered to volunteer here and drop a note when one of us starts a Practice Match for new players. In any case, hit me up if any of you is about to do something like that, and I'll help out.

Another option would be fixed dates, like the Battle against the Art Team ones, but I'm not sure we've got the resources for that?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 12:35:37 pm »
Been thinking about this myself. You have my support. If
 you need any help feel free to contact me
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 12:41:25 pm by Skrimskraw »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2013, 12:46:25 pm »
I guess it'll work best if we all make use of our social tab, remember the players that offered to volunteer here and drop a note when one of us starts a Practice Match for new players. In any case, hit me up if any of you is about to do something like that, and I'll help out.

Another option would be fixed dates, like the Battle against the Art Team ones, but I'm not sure we've got the resources for that?

I was wondering about that... Maybe do this once a month or something, but I haven't really thought that part out yet, I want to get a group of trainers together first, and then decide it amongst us... I will definitely call on you :)

Been thinking about this myself. You have my support. If
 you need any help feel free to contact me

Thanks!

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2013, 12:55:59 pm »
Could easily be done once each week. I have time to set away 2-3 hours once a week

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2013, 01:03:46 pm »
If the dates could be fixed like the Battle the invincible Art Team events, you wouldn't have to rely on a single team of trainers either. There's a ton of CAs, and I'd say they're bound to help in that. Probably Muse could even enter the dates in the Steam GoIO Event Calendar, to have them popping up?