Author Topic: Raising consciousness for "stacking" !  (Read 55838 times)

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
Raising consciousness for "stacking" !
« on: September 10, 2013, 01:29:43 pm »

"Don't do stacked teams - it ruins you and everyone's experience!"

To raise the consciousness for stacking as the problem it is, I thought "heck, why not launch a campaign?"
So if anyone of you ever had trouble with overpowered, stacked teams, you're welcome to write your story here and/or get creative as I tried to do above!
Stacking mainly occurs in lobbies crowded with experienced players, which are quite active in this forum too usually. Sadly, it doesn't stop at the borders of clan matches - people that are experienced tend to crew up with sometimes a full team to stomp new players into the ground.

I know that you like to play with your friends, everyone does. But play against them sometimes, it's just as much fun! Maybe you get to know more people by that?

If you ever catch yourself being on such a team, remember and be aware: Don't do stacking!
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:15:29 pm by RainerZuFall »

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Raising consciousness for "stacking" !
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:34:29 pm »
Us pastries often fight against each other; it's always fun to blast your friends to hell <3

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 01:37:04 pm »
Overwatch do try, but sometimes it hard when the spectator spots are full so you can't do a switch quickly :( - But it certainly is fun to change things up a bit. And Zenark, didn't you say you wanted to be an OVW :P

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile

Offline Garou

• Salutes: 25
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2013, 01:47:06 pm »
I'm not a fan of stacking, and in Wolfpack we often hop sides to balance matches, but I want to address something on the other side of the stacking-coin: team practices.

I can't count how many times we in Wolf have been accused of stacking because we're trying to fly with our allied pilots and crews. Or because we stayed in a balanced lobby after some of the other team have had to leave, and had it filled with lower level players. Then suddenly someone joins and goes "OMG STACKZ!~" Well, yeah, it is -now-, but it wasn't for the past 10 matches...

Just saying, not all stacks are necessarily intentional.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2013, 01:48:19 pm »
I don't see the reference there, QKO.

EDIT: But if I only see the same people stacking or stacked teams for more than 1 match although I gave them a hint, they probably are intentional, Garou. I'm not gonna accuse everyone of stacking everywhere and that's not what this thread is for.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 02:14:57 pm by RainerZuFall »

Offline QKO

• Salutes: 5
    • [TCD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »
I don't see the reference there, QKO.
The whole point of that thread was to segregate playerbases before they segregate themselves. Stacking is a form of segregation.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2013, 02:14:13 pm »
I don't think that matches this thread's topic, QKO.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2013, 02:31:07 pm »
wait i dont think i understood you.  you mean "no" dont stack? or  "no" stacking is awesome?

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2013, 02:33:16 pm »
Stacking on one side of many matches on purpose to crush new/unexperienced players = bad.

Offline -Mad Maverick-

• Salutes: 30
    • [WOLF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2013, 02:38:11 pm »
Stacking on one side of many matches on purpose to crush new/unexperienced players = bad.

i understand you and agree! it is imagine i am confused by...

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2013, 02:42:09 pm »
Where's the line between "stacking" and "I've found a handful of people I like and want to play with them"?

I mean, I'm no fan of getting PuG stomped because I joined a lobby with a full red team who all have the same clan tags...and I get put on blue, but I think a big part of the game is making new friends by flying a lot with them. If I've found a crew that works well together and has fun, I don't really want to break it up after two matches.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2013, 02:47:32 pm »
Where's the line between "stacking" and "I've found a handful of people I like and want to play with them"?

I mean, I'm no fan of getting PuG stomped because I joined a lobby with a full red team who all have the same clan tags...and I get put on blue, but I think a big part of the game is making new friends by flying a lot with them. If I've found a crew that works well together and has fun, I don't really want to break it up after two matches.

The difference between stacking and playing with friends is that the experience and chances of winning are equally divided. Since many people do think like that, I wanted to give them something to think about and get them aware of what this does to the other side of the match.

You can put one crew that works on one side an the other one on the other side. That way you can still make new friends by working as a team (2/3 ships = team). You don't have to play against 2/3 ships of only level 1-3 players.
Or you create a lobby for experienced players instead of 4 lobbies with one team being experienced and the other team being unexperienced.
You could get 4 equal lobbies (I'm talking about winning chances).

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2013, 02:52:47 pm »
Putting together one side for the sole reason of stomping pubs is bad. The amount of times that's the reasoning behind supposed "stacking" is somewhere around zero. People on same teams or people who are friends (or both) enjoy themselves more when playing together, that's the bottom line. Telling people to go campaign against playing together and that instead they should be playing against each other is what I say No to.