Author Topic: Introducing: Weekly Tuesday Night Fight Cast 5pm-8pm PST, starting 9/3/13  (Read 24444 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
What:
A weekly, open-to-all lobby. In addition to the games, there will also be a spreadsheet available which will track participant’s win/loss record while playing in the games. The matches will be 2v2, if eventually it's popular enough I may make it 3v3.

Where:
In game it will be called Tuesday Night Fight Cast. The games will also be streamed at http://www.twitch.tv/imagine42

When:
Every Tuesday, 5pm-8pm PST (the end times can vary, but thereabouts). The first one will occur on 9/3/13.

Why:
Partly for myself to practice casting, but also because I think it can be a fun thing to look forward to.

Additional Details:
1. In addition to streaming the matches, I will also track win/loss stats. This google drive spreadsheet will list win/loss based on a captain’s ship, map, and a combination of the two, as well as ones for engineers and gunners. The engineer and gunner stats won’t also be categorized by ship and map as I feel that is largely irrelevant, but also doing the same combination for every job type would start to get to be way too much work.

Spreadsheet link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApeYvav5m3zWdFZkWVBoLWJCNjlqQWNkZGpPM3JNM2c&usp=sharing

2. I realize this time is not so EU friendly, and all I can say is sorry, but I have a day job thus I can only run these at about the time I listed above.

3. Casting will be done by myself, but I may also have some special guest casters on every now and then!

4. While I’m planning on keeping the lobby open for all (this is not meant to be a tournament of any sorts), if a couple of teams wish to use it to play some scrims, please contact me at least a day beforehand to discuss that possibility.

5. If anyone has any questions feel free to respond here or to send me a message… otherwise I hope to see everyone out there on Tuesdays!

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Introducing: Weekly Tuesday Night Fight Cast 5pm-8pm PST, starting 9/3/13
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 02:02:23 am »
Cool idea. I would say though go ahead and make it a three v three considering it will be open to the public. Assuming minimal interest, people coming in specifically due to the competitive side of it will half fill the lobby which means pubbers would quickly fill the rest.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2013, 02:43:44 am »
Cool idea. I would say though go ahead and make it a three v three considering it will be open to the public. Assuming minimal interest, people coming in specifically due to the competitive side of it will half fill the lobby which means pubbers would quickly fill the rest.
Yeah, I considered it, but I'd rather have the lobby full and games going than sitting around waiting for it to fill. We'll see though :)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 04:29:56 am »
I may be able to stop in for a bit of that. I gotta lead Ops in SWTOR towards the end of that.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 04:38:00 am »
Wait it starts TODAY?

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2013, 10:55:53 am »
Wait it starts TODAY?
Well... yes, the first one will be today. But I mean it'll have once every week sooooo... yeah?

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2013, 11:34:49 am »
well its to late for me, make sure to drop a link to the recording.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2013, 12:01:35 pm »
I'll probably stumble in at some point. The difficulty will be getting a full crew of people  I know.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2013, 12:09:15 pm »
I'll probably stumble in at some point. The difficulty will be getting a full crew of people  I know.

Maybe that's the interesting part. You never know.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2013, 12:10:20 pm »
Us ducks are spoiled. Its hard for a captain to get on and not have his crew filled with ducks.

Offline Tipster

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
    • Blog type thingamadoodle
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2013, 03:40:44 pm »
Why is it just the captain's win/loss ratio recorded ... surely you should record win/loss of every player seeing as teams will be constantly switching as will people's roles?

Aside from that though its a good idea, a more relaxed form of casting as opposed to the structured tourney format, I like it

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2013, 03:47:00 pm »
Why is it just the captain's win/loss ratio recorded ... surely you should record win/loss of every player seeing as teams will be constantly switching as will people's roles?

Aside from that though its a good idea, a more relaxed form of casting as opposed to the structured tourney format, I like it
Everyone's is. If you're looking at the spreadsheet, there are tabs at the bottom which will list all classes.

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2013, 07:58:19 pm »
First one of these going live in just a few minutes! The link for the stream is in the OP if you need it!

Edit: Of course, right as I say that steam craps out. Fantastic -_-
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:04:30 pm by Imagine »

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 12:13:24 am »
I didn't realise that the games I decided to come in on today were part of this fight night thing. I knew it was being streamed but just assumed it was an impromptu thing. Huh.

Anyway, was fun times. Thanks to everyone who played for the games.
Those artemis's were a pain :p

Offline Imagine

• [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 12:29:57 am »
Well, now you know! :D

Anyways, thanks for participating, all, the spreadsheet mentioned in the OP now has all stats from the games.

I hope to see everyone next week!