Author Topic: Titles, who has them, and what they do.  (Read 104286 times)

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Titles, who has them, and what they do.
« Reply #150 on: August 05, 2014, 07:32:58 am »
These titles are a thing people care about?

From what I can see for some Rydr it's that one toy that a kid from the neighbourhood has, so he needs it as well.
On the other side the kid doesn't play with a toy at all, but it won't let go of it.

I don't even care about the titles, but this thread became an inappropiate and immature fight between clans that both should know better than to fight with eachother because of something as meaningless as those map titles. Let's get the facts straight, based on what I can read and what I observed.

Rydr and MM representatives, for this conversation I'll call them Mr. R and Mr. M, once sat in chat and discussed a challenge for the title, as Mr. R got the Dunes title by a coincidence and wanted more. Mr. R suggested the dates, but Mr. M was unresponsive about them, Mr. R assumed that this particular date (26th apparently) was not fitting for Mr. M, but Mr. M seemed to treat it as a set date, and claims that Mr. R never showed up for the match. That I can confirm as a lie, for it was saturday, and Mr. R has either practice, skrim or tournament every day apart from Monday and Tuesday, and he's playing matches every evening any other day of the week. Mr. R was in the game that day, and, if there was indeed a match on that day, I blame miscommunication on a set date between both men, at the same time being surprised why Mr.M didn't contact Mr.R in game to resolve the issue of him not showing up. It seems like Mr. R claims  to set up the date for another week, I know Mr. M was aware of that, but he called off the match 1 hour before the match was supposed to start. Mr. R set up the server, brought people, saw Mr. M in game with enough people as well, contacted them and asked why they're not showing up. Once he heard about the reschedule 1 hour earlier, Mr. R took that as a last second forfeit from a match set up for a week.

From my perspective of this story:
Mr.M should contact Mr.R at the first date set up for the match (26th)
Mr.M shouldn't call off the match last second.
Mr.R shouldn't even care about titles.
Mr.R shouldn't claim the title by a forfeit and start childlish arguments on the forums because of it.
Both Mr.R and Mr.M should claim that the date is set only when both sides clearly say so, and make sure that both sides agree on a set date.
Both Mr.R and Mr.M should grow up, stop playing a blame-game on the forums over titles that noone knew about for like a year or so and noone cared about them even then, apologize to eachother and be as friendly as this game's community is supposed to be.
And if someone ever ends up challenging one another for a title, setting up a skrim etc. please do so in a friendly manner, without making everyone hate one another and throwing a tantrum over the pettiest of things.

That is all.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 07:38:04 am by Deltajugg »

Offline Llamas Unite

• Salutes: 10
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 05, 2014, 08:15:21 am »
Although tbh I'm almost more confused by the Mr.M/ Mr R analogy, I agree completely with everything that Delta's said. The fact that a post like that is even necessary over something so childish is, whilst not as surprising as I would like, disappointing.
Whilst I am personally of the opinion that the Title system holds little worth, and due to its non-use in the competitive scene it should be scrapped entirely, hopefully we can find a mature solution to this...

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 05, 2014, 09:03:53 am »
Hey guys,

I've updated the spreadsheet to date. I will not comment on any of the above argument, however the Masters of Ambush title is up for grabs at this moment for any of those who would like it.

Clear Skies,
Shink

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:17 am »
Anyone who wants our "canyon" title can have it too. This system is frankly not worth its trouble to just scrimmage people on a friendly basis.

As of August 2nd, Mr. M pulled his group out of the title system, while also forgoing any care in the word about it after that date.

Making posts about happenings without knowing the entire situation can also easily shine a bad light on respective groups involved. All the reason why I have refrained. I'd politely request the involved parties do the same. Feel free to PM me directly regarding the situation if anyone feels inclined. Thanks.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 05, 2014, 03:41:05 pm »
We feels like the situation got out of hand quickly, which wasn't something we intended.
In our opinion, the title system was just a fun clan related mini-game, something to be looked at like we do with WANTED.
We thought it would be fun to actually play with other clans for these titles and by no means did we anticipate or want the controversy that this has caused.

On behalf of Ryder I would like to apologies for our part in this.

Kind regards
Rydrs

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 06, 2014, 04:41:29 am »
maybe it is time to lock this system or change it.

Offline Hillerton [PC]

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 08, 2014, 04:34:41 am »
I have to agree with skim here as people (at least several rydrs I know) care more than expected it might be a good idea to either create some clear rules or just kill the system entirely