Author Topic: Titles, who has them, and what they do.  (Read 104268 times)

Offline redria

• Salutes: 136
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
Re: Titles, who has them, and what they do.
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2014, 10:23:18 am »
reset titles and have another event?
I really like this idea, maybe sort titles out as seasons? fight for them over a set period of time, owners of the them when they reset get a permanent in game badge!
Old Overwatch members already have a badge for winning the Flotsam Dynasty back when these started. :P

I don't know why we would need to reset titles other than to get them out of the hands of teams that have been less active.

A reset of the rules would not be a bad thing though. I would support a team going through and developing rules that make them fun and meaningful without being a burden.

The concept of ambushing, while interesting, is challenging in longer events simply because the goal with longer events is to create even playing fields and make good matches. The idea of a team being able to change something that has been scheduled for days (if not weeks) 5 minutes before the match starts is sort of silly.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2014, 11:01:19 am »
i think most confusion comes from not knowing who has what title

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2014, 11:43:53 am »
let me actually update the OP to make it more clear where one can find that info

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 05, 2014, 07:57:41 pm »
Updated the google doc to reflect the Ryders victory over the Gentlemen on dunes. apologies for the delay... have been busy :))

Offline Lueosi

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2014, 02:19:17 pm »
Hi,

MM forfeited the Rydr/MM scrimmage over the Labyrinth title, so Rydr claim that title until our rematch. If you want me to I can upload screenshots with timestamps to prove it.

Regards
Lueosi

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2014, 02:39:36 pm »
Anyone who wants our "canyon" title can have it too. This system is frankly not worth its trouble to just scrimmage people on a friendly basis.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2014, 03:33:01 pm »
Hi,

MM forfeited the Rydr/MM scrimmage over the Labyrinth title, so Rydr claim that title until our rematch. If you want me to I can upload screenshots with timestamps to prove it.

Regards
Lueosi
So, while I don't particularly find map titles relevant, nor do I speak for my team here, but I find it interesting that a team can challenge for a title, not show up to play the match, and then challenge for it again only to claim the title when this time the other team can't get enough people together.

What's to stop someone from just throwing out challenges left and right to literally everyone and just waiting for forfeit map claims while never having to bother to play themselves since there's literally no repercussion to not showing up yourself?

Offline Lueosi

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2014, 03:43:53 pm »
Hi imagine,

What's to stop someone from just throwing out challenges left and right to literally everyone and just waiting for forfeit map claims while never having to bother to play themselves since there's literally no repercussion to not showing up yourself?
in this particular case we together agreed for a scrim a week in advance. The match-up was canceled an hour before the scrim. (It doesn't matter too much but at the time of our scrim there were at least enough MM members online to put a full team together.) Canceling is fine but our whole team showed up at that time already, it was imho too short.

Regards
Lueosi

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2014, 04:45:11 pm »
We showed up the previous week, ready to go, and you guys simply didnt show up, with no warning. While we didn't call any foul at the time, it's a touch hypocritical to then say us giving you warning instead of just not being there was "too short."

That'll be my piece.

Offline Lueosi

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2014, 06:54:19 pm »
Hi Zill,

interesting, I was asking about a scrim that day (silver playoffs) but got no response so I assumed you couldn't get crew for that day. On the other hand we were there, all of us, so a PM would just solved it.

Regards
Lueosi

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #145 on: August 04, 2014, 05:14:41 pm »
yeah, we were all ready to go for the scrim on the 26th that Rydr never showed up to, so I guess knock yourselves out if you really want the title that badly.

Offline Lueosi

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2014, 05:55:47 pm »
yeah, we were all ready to go for the scrim on the 26th that Rydr never showed up to
(I) got no response so I assumed you couldn't get crew for that day.
so I guess knock yourselves out if you really want the title that badly.
On the other hand we were there, all of us, so a PM would just solved it.

Please read my posts carefully. Rydr still claiming the title but already asked MM for a rematch. When I propose a date and get no response I assume the suggestion is not good or my message wasn't read yet. But I really wonder why nobody asked any of the Rydrs who were online the 26th where they are.

So please update the titles and of course I'm looking forward to a proper match (which will happen hopefully next Saturday the 9th).

Regards
Lueosi

Offline Velvet

• Salutes: 45
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 04, 2014, 06:15:00 pm »
the rules say absolutely nothing about forfeits. There shouldn't be a title changing hands if a match hasn't been played. If you are desperate for the title then negotiate a rematch (although I wouldn't blame MM for refusing to scrim with you at this point).

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2014, 03:57:24 am »
So essentially it is fair to claim a title and then refuse to play with everyone, effectively keeping the title forever until the clan ceases to exist?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 05, 2014, 06:53:52 am »
These titles are a thing people care about?