Author Topic: Titles, who has them, and what they do.  (Read 105236 times)

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Titles, who has them, and what they do.
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2013, 11:09:57 am »
It seems like a chore more then a reward to keep these titles honestly.

Well, titles wouldn't reflect a teams dominance on certain maps if it was easy to keep them.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2013, 11:20:26 am »
I dont think they symbolize anything honestly. It was fun fighting for them in the Flotsam, but afterwards its just, meh.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2013, 07:40:53 pm »
my suggestion.

flotsam could be tied to the boxing kind of belt champion thing.
so a map which is the title would be tied to perhaps a streamer who is in charge on keeping sight of his "belt"
so a team challenges another team who has a title and then they contact the streamer who will set something up on behalf of both teams?

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2013, 03:53:54 am »
I dont think they symbolize anything honestly. It was fun fighting for them in the Flotsam, but afterwards its just, meh.

take back those words!
they represent skill and dedication to the game, dont think of it lightly.
now the TFD has a new goal.

STEALING ALL THE TITLES FROM THE DUCKS!

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2013, 04:05:26 am »
The Ducks don't even have them all! At the moment they're pretty spread out amongst 3 clans. Plenty to choose from.

By all means though, come and get 'em!

edit:
I just heard that your match against the Ducks in the invitational tournament was based on a title challenge for Paritan? That's awesome. Good competitive spirit!
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 04:18:12 am by Morblitz »

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2013, 04:30:42 am »
Indeed, and to so narrowly miss out on it made for great viewing. That was an intense match to see as a spectator.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2013, 05:00:39 am »
will these still have an effect? and is it possible to challenge outside of events?

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2013, 09:03:22 am »
I like to see them as in effect.  As to whether they can be used,  if it's an official scrim, yes and if an organizer allows it, yes. Obviously some tournaments wouldn't work with title challenging so its up to the discretion of the organizer

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2014, 11:46:55 pm »
recently i beat the ducks in a skrim (it was for points what ever so i have screen shots) on both dawn at daul and northern fjord do i own those titles now ?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2014, 12:07:01 am »
Only if they agreed to a challenge for the titles.

Scrims are whatever you make them.

When I used to compete we used to play best two out of three on the map being challenged if doing it in a scrim.  In an event that supports titles you can challenge the team at any time and wine the title through a match switch.

Offline Tropo

• [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:57 am »
sounds a bit silly to me did we beat yahs or not it not a win because you didn't agree omg this community and yah rules

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2014, 03:19:33 am »
It has to be agreed upon before hand, that is hardly silly. If it was a title match then we would probably have wanted it to be BO3 on just the one map being challenged.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2014, 09:07:50 am »
I think there's some confusion as to the interpretation of the rules here....

Reward:
Definition of DYNASTY
: a succession of rulers of the same line of descent
: a powerful group or family that maintains its position for a considerable time

At the completion of each day’s bracket, the winner will receive a title for the map they have claimed. That title identifies the team as the absolute champions of that map, the clear and undisputed rulers of that territory. They will also be given a graphic which they can post on their clan’s thread. There will be an additional thread which exists only to track which team has what titles. There are six titles, one for each 2v2 map.

Titles don’t end here. These titles are kept after this event ends. Teams will hold their title until it is taken from them. That’s right, it’s not enough to take a title, and you also have to defend it! A title is taken when the title holder loses an official scrimmage, Cogs or (participating) tournament match on the map they hold the title for. This is a long term competitive game system with implications for how clans compete, and the details of which are better covered in its accompanying thread.

But once you have your title, others will come for it, so be prepared to hold it, and even more prepared for an ambush.

Protecting:
The title can be taken from you, and you have to protect it. Any time your team competes in a competitive scrimmage, Cogs, or participating tournaments, on the map you hold your title to, your title is in jeopardy. Should your team lose, the team that beat you will take your title, and you will no longer be the champions of that map, or holders of the territory.

Ambush:
To take a title from another team, you just have to beat them on the map they hold the title to. If you are scheduled to fight them (either by official scrimmage, Cogs, or participating tournament), but the map you are scheduled to fight them on is not the map they hold the title for, you can force them to play on the title map instead. The decision to do this can be done at any point before the match starts, even in the lobby.

From these quotes, those maps do in fact belong to SAC

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2014, 09:40:19 am »
Oh wow! Looking at those rules I do have to agree with Shink. Those maps do in fact belong to SAC especially seeming Tropo has the Screenshots to prove it as per official scrimmage rules.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2014, 10:44:01 am »
Hrmm, I always thought it had to be directly challenged before the onset of the match in a scrim.