Author Topic: The GoIO Catwalk - Your Favourite Outfit  (Read 92412 times)

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
The GoIO Catwalk - Your Favourite Outfit
« on: August 28, 2013, 08:28:12 am »
I couldn't find any similar thread on the forum --- and even if there had ever been one, it certainly wasn't as fashionable as this one, 'cause I wasn't in it [annoying diva mode disabled on majority request] --- so I thought I would start this topic where people can show off their favourite or most gladly worn costume pieces or combinations. So what do you guys parade in when it comes to immobilizing enemies with glamour and style or when you know that the next stage of your longest-ever winning streak might just depend on your lucky Prada goggles?

My clanmates keep joking about how I tend to ask them to make screenshots of me during matches (WHY CAN'T WE ALWAYS SEE OURSELVES FROM THE FRONT IN-MATCH, WHY OH WHY?) because costumes have always been my favourite fascinations in any game I have ever played. I don't often get high-level enough to gain all the fancy epic stuff in games, but I usually try to invent a unique look for myself and I just love combining pieces and coming up with variations that maybe not even the concept artists themselves have thought of before.

So what about you fellow costume freaks? Which is your favourite pick? Have you got some rare or epic treasures perhaps? Show off! Have they got a story? Tell it! Is there a costume combo you'd love to obtain, but you still need to beat the devs a million times to get it? Let us know so that we can steal it and copy it later, muhahaha! Uhm..I mean...so that we can follow you on your unbelievably elegant path... Here are my favourite combos:

On the left: my currently favourite gunner outfit. I replaced an old outfit combo when I realized how funny and weird the white hair looked with this one, and I just loved it. One of my clanmates pointed out that I look like Lady Gaga.
In the middle: My most commonly used engineer outfit, although I have many others that I like to switch to depending on my mood. I especially love the top hat.
On the right: My "mad captain" costume. If you've ever flown with me, you probably know very well what I mean by the mad captain part. When I go captain, I usually go crazy. (RAMMING HARPOON SQUIIID YEAHHH!!!) I tend to lose matches as a captain, for some weird and inexplicable reason, but I have so much fun doing so. So should you see me in this costume when a match loads, it probably means you've chosen the wrong ship. Muhahaha...khmm...so I use that one rarely in order not to turn half of the community against me, but I do look good in it when we die.

That's it for me now, what about you all????

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The GoIO Catwalk - Your Favourite Outfit
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 10:08:00 am »
I know your gunner outfit well~ *totally doesn't stare while flying*

I'll need to take some screenshots, but I've worn my same black vest greaser looking outfit since the beginning. I can't wait for more items to trick myself out with.

I've thought about getting the one really fancy white regal captain's coat... But it might be too flashy for me... Then again... A captain needs to have a strong presence. I

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 10:50:21 am »

For the Gunner (left) I've gone with a definite down-to-earth guy. The outfit itself is simple and understated and, most importantly of all, practical, which somehow makes it look all the more believable. When I gun, I don't mess around. I got a job to do, and I don't care about looking fancy while I do it. I do feel the individual outfit pieces do compliment each other quite well also.

For the Engineer (middle) It's a bit more extravagant and loopy, with the already strange steampipe costume topped with not only a gas mask but a mechanist hat. The extravagance represents the way I engineer. If I need to hit the hull once with my mallet, I don't stop to hit it, I glide past, rotating my body and giving it a whack without ever stopping in my tracks, almost like a dance.

And finally, for the Pilot (Right) I'm fully taking advantage of my kick-starter donation by sporting the luxurious skyrider costume, along with silvery grey mariner hair to show wisdom and experience. And often less is more as I've chosen to leave the pilot's face un-goggled, to refrain from cluttering the outfit with needless detail, though I used to wear the standard pilot's goggles before I opted for this approach.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2013, 10:54:50 am »
You can always tell which who is the leader by who wears the biggest hat, the shiniest jacket, and the fanciest pants. This thread is long overdue, and I will post my dubious fashion choices when I get home.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2013, 11:44:17 am »
I need to get a picture of my headgear combo next time I'm in-game. The two parts go so well together.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2013, 04:24:32 pm »
I need to get a picture of my headgear combo next time I'm in-game. The two parts go so well together.

Im pretty sure it involves a buff hammer somehow.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2013, 04:42:20 pm »

Im pretty sure it involves a buff hammer somehow.

Everything needs to involve a buff hammer in some way or another ;)

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2013, 11:01:21 pm »
Combining a cool helmet and a gas mask works pretty well.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 11:07:54 am »
I'm so into that, N-Sunderland. Looks pretty awesome!

Engineer (left), Pilot (middle), Gunner (right).
Sometimes I like using "The Tinkerer" with my pilot in this combination and "The Fixer" on my engineer. A bow tie and a tie for the more ... official events.
Wearing a gas mask is something I think should be reasonable on a giant ship floating through sandstorms, constantly set on fire, using whatever toxic stuff to move and float ... Health and safety, people!
(It also is considered "appropriate" by some other players upon hearing me talk.)

When playing as a gunner I'm not the best you could choose for this class, also indicated by the hat. Wearing protective clothing where a gun's components may hit your body because of recoil prevents pain and wounds.
When playing as an engineer I dare to say that I know my job well, so an officer's hat should be appropriate. A utility jacket helps keeping all your tools ready to be used when you need them, the heavy fabrics of this clothing protects you from different outside influences that otherwise may or may not hurt you.
When playing as a pilot, once again, I dare to say that I know my job. Don't need protective clothing for that opportunity - so why not wear something fancy and show off your badges?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2013, 11:14:17 am by RainerZuFall »

Offline TimTim LaBaguette

• Salutes: 8
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 10:21:54 pm »
Here are my current looks :

From left to right, Gunner, Engineer, Pilot

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 09:01:11 pm »
What's the button to take screenshots in-game? Couldn't find it in the settings last time I checked. (though, I wasn't super thorough)

I love the aesthetics for the outfits in this game- a very steampunk/turn-of-the-century vibe with dashes of the two World Wars and East Asia. (like in The Way)

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2013, 09:53:01 pm »
Steam's default screenshot key is F12.

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2013, 02:32:00 am »
There we go!

Gunner: I love The Way. The combination of Far East aesthetics with accessories just looks great.
Engineer: More belt pouches! All the belt pouches!
Pilot: It just looks so captain-y. Double popped collars all the way.

Offline Zander Broda

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2013, 10:32:56 pm »

so, first up we have my gunner, i'm still working on him, but for now, i enjoy his vaguely Borderlands psycho-ness.
then we have my favorite, the engineer, he's a steampunk cowboy!
and finally the pilot, i have to assume his outfit is pretty standard, but i enjoy it, and the pink goggles add some personality.

Offline Andika

• Salutes: 114
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2013, 01:42:51 am »
Hey guys, these are some super-good-looking combinations!! When coloring pieces comes into the game, we're gonna change fashion trends all over the world with these characters. ;) (gather our forces, mates...our time is not far..muhaha..khm..)

I especially like Sunderland's combo, all those circles and wires and cabels make your helmet look like a labyrinth.  :D Also, gas masks proved to be rather popular, as I've thought, no wonder why. They are just STYLISH!!!  8) Why can't I wear one at my workplace??? :( And I love that airship cowboy Zander Broda!