Author Topic: Other Games You're Playing Now  (Read 97376 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Other Games You're Playing Now
« Reply #120 on: December 20, 2013, 10:13:41 pm »
Has anyone tried out X-Rebirth, I know it's been out for a bit but how does it stack up to previous X games in it's current state?

Offline Erheller

• Salutes: 9
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2013, 07:14:05 am »
Has anyone tried out X-Rebirth, I know it's been out for a bit but how does it stack up to previous X games in it's current state?

I've been following X: Rebirth because I'm interested in it too. I haven't played the game, but to put it lightly, the community has been... displeased at X: Rebirth. Take a look at the community discussions. I know that some of the previous X games have had rough launches, but supposedly this is much worse than those. Egosoft has been releasing quite frequent patches, though, so maybe it'll be more playable soon.

I've been playing a lot of Civ V. I won with a cultural victory, but all the AI were being really mean to me and kept denouncing me so I've decided to steam roll them with my giant death robots. Take that, Attila and the Iroquois guy!   

Fact: Hiawatha (Iroquois guy) and Catherine of Russia will always be dicks.

Fact: Gandhi is the biggest dick of them all.

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2013, 05:04:59 pm »
I've been playing a lot of Civ V. I won with a cultural victory, but all the AI were being really mean to me and kept denouncing me so I've decided to steam roll them with my giant death robots. Take that, Attila and the Iroquois guy!   

Yeah, the remaining civs were those two, Atilla, and a Viking. So I guess them being dicks is expected. 

Gandhi being a dick (especially with respect to nuking you for no reason) is actually a jokey reference to the first Civ game, where a bug lead to Ghandi being incredibly aggressive.

Offline Mepic Von Shreck

• Salutes: 11
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • Shrek
« Reply #123 on: December 22, 2013, 07:51:15 am »

Yeah, the remaining civs were those two, Atilla, and a Viking. So I guess them being dicks is expected. 

Gandhi being a dick (especially with respect to nuking you for no reason) is actually a jokey reference to the first Civ game, where a bug lead to Ghandi being incredibly aggressive.

I always found Civ IV to be better, especially with AI... No denying that V looks amazing though.
Diplomatic victories all the way though.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 23, 2013, 09:47:36 pm »

I've been following X: Rebirth because I'm interested in it too. I haven't played the game, but to put it lightly, the community has been... displeased at X: Rebirth. Take a look at the community discussions. I know that some of the previous X games have had rough launches, but supposedly this is much worse than those. Egosoft has been releasing quite frequent patches, though, so maybe it'll be more playable soon.

If anything I would not believe most of what the steam discussions say, mostly because it's reached a wider audience, anyone here played any of the previous X games have any opinions on it?

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2014, 01:54:27 am »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2014, 06:39:01 am »
I've been playing with swords for a couple days in chivalry.

Offline Ernest Wolf

• Salutes: 5
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile page.
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2014, 03:10:10 pm »
I am playing plenty of games. I own over 200 games on Steam and I am trying to finish them all, but mostly I am playing Guns of Icarus Online and Team Fortress 2. I am quite new to GOIO, but I guess I will stick to it for a long, long time... Seriously, it ruined my life in a positive way.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 10, 2014, 08:56:23 pm »
I do have a similar problem. I have a huge interesting collection of games yet i mostly end up playing these multiplayer games over and over again.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #129 on: January 11, 2014, 01:15:11 pm »
Over the past month I've played through Skyrim and The Last of Us, the latter of which was incredible (though Skyrim was excellent too). After that I moved on to the handheld games in my backlog—I'm around 70% of the way through Zelda: Spirit Tracks now, and then Fire Emblem Awakening and Pokémon X are up next.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: January 13, 2014, 08:15:37 am »

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 13, 2014, 01:15:23 pm »

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 19, 2014, 07:33:40 pm »
I recently got back into Sim City 4, how I miss that game.