Author Topic: GoIO just isn't fun enough to maintain my interrest.  (Read 18926 times)

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: GoIO just isn't fun enough to maintain my interrest.
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2013, 05:03:29 pm »
Barujin I'm a level 11 going on 12 and I am not ashamed to admit...I crash into stuff.

Really, it is easy to do and some maps make it worse with wind. Heck last night I got stuck in a building till I blew up because wind drifted me from a good ambush spot into the said building.

Also I recommend checking out the Docks forum down below. You sound like a player who has really tried. You don't sound like a normal noob player who throws a fit and leaves. You would be perfect for some of the clans this game has. There you would learn advanced flight tactics and teamwork skills you won't find in pub matches. Also you'd have access to competent teammates. Give this a shot before you give up.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2013, 02:29:35 am »
I have to say this sounds alot more like a "this game requires real teamwork and I hate it for that" than anything else. I mean COD has ruined a generation of gamers don't succumb and try to learn teamwork man! Put together a good crew!

Also concerning the maps, well you have to learn them..... thats the bare truth, learn the map and know how to use it to your advantage and win. If you don't have the attention span to learn all of 8 maps well I dunno what to tell you. It sounds a bit douchey but come on man, this is a game you have to put on big boy pants for.

sounds very douchey... dont hassle the guy cause this game isnt his preference. people like different things.

Let's not call anyone douchey at all.
We're a community guys! We must always make a good impression!

But yeah, this game isn't for everyone! There is a lot of dependence on other people!
This basically gives you two fundamental choices: Cultivate a group of people to play with (should be inclusive, I love finding new friends on this game!) or find a game that better suits how you want to play! Honestly life is too short to waste it trying to enjoy something you aren't going to.

I think you should give this game another chance, but at it's core this game is a teamwork simulator. You can't really dominate on your own or carry your team. At least, not consistently.

I still occasionally get stuck on the terrain. They are working to fix the bugs in that, but sometimes, I just forget where things are.

I understand the game just fine. I'm proud of the ships that I've built after testing out their weapons in practice mode a lot to find the ones that kill the fastest. I've had success in maneuvering my ship as a pilot. I've really invested into learning this game and know it well for the short time that I've played. I've tried the advanced groups and must honestly say that I actually enjoyed the beginner ones more. The game is simply frustrating, whether its avoiding crashing in hard maps or tolerating a captain and crew who randomly don't care how they play.

This is basically relationship cultivation. People are still people, you can't simply treat them as players. If they aren't worth it, move on and find someone who is. If you can't, wait a bit. Someone will always turn up!
Testing things on practice is... not realistic.
I test things against other players. I only practice when someone else asks me to fly them so they can try the aim on a weapon or something. Live trials are the way to go!

But why are you frustrated with advanced groups vs beginner matches?
Are they just harder? Or are we being mean to you, or not teaching you/helping?
We like when people play the game well, and are always willing to help out, your feedback would be super helpful to us!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2013, 08:16:49 pm »
But why are you frustrated with advanced groups vs beginner matches?
Are they just harder? Or are we being mean to you, or not teaching you/helping?
We like when people play the game well, and are always willing to help out, your feedback would be super helpful to us!

I'd like to adress that, cause there is a major reason new people don't like playing versus advanced players and it's completely valid.

There is a mentality behing this, besically a newer player has already lost the game into his mind when he/she knows they will go up against a well know and experienced player and this happens with a vast majority of people. They don't like losing and that's completely natural. Nobody likes losing and if you keep playing against someone more advanced like this, you will never win, continious loses make the player develop a defeated mentality and actually makes them want to leave the game.

No matter how much advice you give them, people still want to taste that little bit of victory to keep them confident, playing against a player that won't let you do that, will just drive you out of the game eventually, unless you are realy set on trying to your damn hardest and honestly, this is a video game, most people will undestandably not want to put all that effort into it so they do not like more advanced players playing against them.

I hope this helped.

EDIT: Also I have seen most of these 'Advanced players vs less advanced ones' and honestly, all I see most of the times is a team stacked with all the people that know each other and the other team with the general pubber that has no idea what tactics mean or probably has a below average crew, these players, set against a group that knows what they are doing. It's plain slaughter and probably not even the slightest bit of fun for newcomers.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 08:20:13 pm by EchoLG »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2013, 08:34:02 pm »
Often times I get a lot of powder monkeys or swabbies. I'm not always playing at times when clan mates are on so it is common I'll be having to grill some newbies. The ones that really listen and communicate can honestly hold their own against any vet. But just yesterday I had one, he seemed like he communicated at the start then he went and did his own thing over and over. Wouldn't listen to commands. I'd be setting good clear kills up and he's sitting on the back gun or jumping on the side gun. I dunno if some people just get their own stubborn idea of they know everything from the moment they get into a new game or not.

Then you have others that see high level and instantly think they can just do nothing and get wins. Its pretty clear at times.

It is great when you have some newbies jump in and don't run away in terror. Actually stay in and ask stuff. Had another night where we sat in a lobby waiting for players just helping this newbie pilot get answers. He was still terribly out matched but he took it in stride and learned a few things from it.

If Zack's team can play on a competitive level in 2 weeks of game time, then anyone entering this game can overcome the high levels and get up onto that competitive level. Heck we got a few crew mates who are also in less than a month game time. Think one is only 3 weeks and he was subbed in and did a fine job for two weeks in a row now.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »
Exactly. You know the Falconeers team that ran in Icarus Sky? Almost all of them have been playing for 1-2 months.

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2013, 08:39:39 pm »
And then i let em down by not showing up like a super king douchebag of doom :(

But yes we (Falconeers aka FALCO) are always willing to help new players out, I sometimes get frustrated and cuss and bitch and moan. But as long as you are learning I will work with you as best I can. I've managed to build a simply incredible team of noobies that can beat anyone as long as their hearts aren't going haywire because i randomly went away. 

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2013, 08:52:35 pm »
But as long as you are learning I will work with you as best I can.

By that he realy means just "Don't fly a Spire" :P

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2013, 09:04:30 pm »
ECHO!!!!!! And yes if you repeatedly fly the spire and give up 4 kills and we win 4-5 every time I might be on stream blaming your mother for allowing your birth XD

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:48 pm »
ECHO!!!!!! And yes if you repeatedly fly the spire and give up 4 kills and we win 4-5 every time I might be on stream blaming your mother for allowing your birth XD

Hahaha, sorry Ofi, I just had to~

On a better note, I gave up on that ship to fly something lighter, like the Squid or the Goldfish and sometimes a Junker, waiting for a buff, if it ever happens :P

Trolljack Spire is still effective with a good gunner tho.

But to return to the main subject and as you were saying, people should realy try to get involved with the community in this game, looking for clan people that are willing to play and help you with the game is a very good idea.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2013, 12:59:41 am »
:P i think you just enjoy making me work harder and cuss more XD

But yes community is what makes this game, bad players can always become good players if they just try. its an amazing system like that.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2013, 09:39:48 am »

On a better note, I gave up on that ship to fly something lighter, like the Squid or the Goldfish and sometimes a Junker, waiting for a buff, if it ever happens :P

But to return to the main subject and as you were saying, people should realy try to get involved with the community in this game, looking for clan people that are willing to play and help you with the game is a very good idea.

I'm still of the mind that whatever a Trolljack can do, a Lumberfish can do better.
Yeah, you lose the Merc, but you gain the ability to not die every 10 seconds.

I have a terrible time flying spires, and if someone else does, it becomes my personal mission to make their life miserable. Usually with Tar and Fire or Hawacha.

(Am I a bad player yet?)

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2013, 10:08:40 am »

I'm still of the mind that whatever a Trolljack can do, a Lumberfish can do better.
Yeah, you lose the Merc, but you gain the ability to not die every 10 seconds.

I have a terrible time flying spires, and if someone else does, it becomes my personal mission to make their life miserable. Usually with Tar and Fire or Hawacha.

(Am I a bad player yet?)

You lose out on an artemis as well, not just a merc. You better be packing so serious matadoring skills if you wish to play Spire :P

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2013, 03:05:09 pm »
You seen to be suffering from beginners blues   before u can lead u must follow  find a mentor learn the ropes and you'll  e shooting noobs out the sky in no  time

Offline Hasu Kimchi

• Salutes: 1
    • [BDGR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2013, 03:34:42 pm »
Well I think the biggest problem is, that this game is an ass full of fun, if you play with some people you know and which are on your level.
Even if you're loosing it can be fun on close matches.

But it's like super frustrating if you play with randoms, that doenst communicate and even worste doenst hear what you are talking. Even if you say what they should do, how gat/flak works, they don't listen.

So try to get some guys to play with and it will get more fun and as longer as you play as more fun it gets.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 12:37:25 pm »
I know this is way off topic, but I will always take a lumber spire into combat before a lumber fish.

Assuming you have the right gunner and teammate it's much better in m opinion on larger maps.