Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 374135 times)

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: I played with X
« Reply #390 on: March 17, 2015, 02:12:22 am »
<irony> Thanks for deleting my post </irony>

Firstly @Xemko:
You're right, I made a mistake saying you were from Rydr. But you were in that lobby.

@Dementio

This thread was free of negativity for so long and if it is going to be used to hate on people or an entire clan, which is not a human being, then I would also have a bunch of stories, like many others, to add to this. Examples would be people or a group of people that are in the same clan acting unsportsmanlike by switching ships at the last second (in competitive environment), trolling or generally unable to handle any sort of logical problem solving, hating, harrassing other people and much more, but that, I believe, was never the point of this thread. So let's not start doing that either, please.

I understand your point, though a special thread would be too much of a hassle and would probably get deleted or put into the pit quickly. And that event was the moment when I just snapped saying "Oh, no, you fucking not". Believe it or not, but it was first time I saw something like that and it was even more shameful that (I'm 100% positive) it was a Rydr captain who swapped (that's why I mention it, apart from not remembering exact names). Also, as I said, I'm personally sorry to attack/"attack" Rydr because I have friends from there. (Perhaps now correctly it should be: I 'had' friend in Rydr :D)

Also, you all kinda tend to forget my point, saying that "players play together, so what's the problem?". As I said, problem is that they kept lobby artifitially extremely unbalanced. It's also the insult to me personally (or at least my captain; Schwalbe was piloting) when ship swapps out of my team - they don't want to play with me in the team. I'm okay with encountering a stronger team and taking a beating, because I know that lobby will scramble and we'll have more pleasant match next. But nope. People have priorities.

@Logic

As stated above, I'm not jelly because they kicked my ass, I'm angry because they purposively kept lobby highly unbalanced. Also, since it's a large clan you may had a better experience with different players. I also have friend from Rydr that I highly respect, so it hurt even more.

About Rydr getting more hate for lobby stacking - there's a saying that "Noblesse oblige", which means that when you have high position in society/community you should be example for lower classes to follow, maybe not a paragon of virtue, but a decent guy to follow. Rydr is highly respected and skilled clan and therefore any wrong deed from them means more. It's just common knowledge - if a drug addict kills someone the news barely mention it, as a short statement, perhaps a news report. But if a polititian killed someone news would be blabbing about it for weeks.

PS: I think you might've made Mr.Disaster ragequit from this game. Again. Bravo. Feel proud?
PPS: Why on earth did you delete his post?

The thing about me ragequitting made me laugh :D But yeah, I did ragequit, obviously, but I understand that most players don't care for me being or not in the game. So it's no argument for them. Still, thanks for chuckles.

Post was probably deleted because I called a certain group of people by a certain body part "where back ends it's noble name" and profanity is baaaaaaaaed, m'kay. Don't do profanity. It's baaed.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: March 17, 2015, 02:18:56 am »
I get your frustration. I really do and

I've played with Mr.Disaster a few times and it was nice. I also like playing with some Rydr friends. I like playing with everyone

please work please work please work

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: March 17, 2015, 02:20:45 am »
Made me chuckle, I must admit :D

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: March 17, 2015, 02:28:28 am »

Also, you all kinda tend to forget my point, saying that "players play together, so what's the problem?". As I said, problem is that they kept lobby artifitially extremely unbalanced. It's also the insult to me personally (or at least my captain; Schwalbe was piloting) when ship swapps out of my team - they don't want to play with me in the team. I'm okay with encountering a stronger team and taking a beating, because I know that lobby will scramble and we'll have more pleasant match next. But nope. People have priorities.

I'm not insulted, as I know I suck, and Lueosi knows I suck at piloting (pardon, you Mr.Disaster keep reminding me that all the time, but we are friends, and you usually are right about my mistakes). But still it's no reason to do something like Lueosi did, this disappointed me, as that match had chances to be interesting. :(
BUT. This was more an insult for my crew. Quite decent I'd say. And if I fly with them as a captain, this means I... maybe not trust them, not always, but I do my best that they may have fun aboard my ships. And that was a good crew - you, alkomatster and SnaG.

PS: I think you might've made Mr.Disaster ragequit from this game. Again. Bravo. Feel proud?
PPS: Why on earth did you delete his post?

The thing about me ragequitting made me laugh :D But yeah, I did ragequit, obviously, but I understand that most players don't care for me being or not in the game. So it's no argument for them. Still, thanks for chuckles.

Pity I was dead serious. But it's good to know it made you laugh more, than giving you "a good idea".

Sorry Logic, I hate leaving loose ends, I'm a pedantic bastard.

I've flown with people from my clan - I teach them in game mechanics, strategy (some are teaching me - WookiKNTG and his Sun-Tzu based wisdom, and his ship analysis) and fly with them to the battle. I usually have fun with them, and despite them being low level players that play rarely and almost exclusively together only (except for Dungal, Hordex and ryedstar [the last one was given by me a list of good and nice people eager to teach something more]).

It's always a pleasure to fly a full KNTG ship with my friends.

But we are not the flaming Ryder - the sum of matches played by people aboard a KNTG ship is below 1000 matches, when I'm a pilot with my 880-something. When we are scrambled into enemy teams, if somehow there is enough of us online to form two crews, we always fly those matches, though it usually ends up a massacre, unless Alkomatster is piloting the other ship - and then it gets really fierce and interesting.

The more I play KOTOR2, the more I think I should be a mandalorian. Tis ain't a good sign.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:45:38 am by Schwalbe »

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #394 on: March 17, 2015, 02:28:49 am »
I get your frustration. I really do and

I've played with Mr.Disaster a few times and it was nice. I also like playing with some Rydr friends. I like playing with everyone

I played with Logicalia, he was on the enemy team but still partied with me and friends and played great music over party chat throughout the lobby and the match! :)

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: March 17, 2015, 02:42:58 am »
I ran into Richard Lemoon, and I think it was leousi but i might be wrong, in the same game. Might be because I am actually looking for them, but it seems that since this thread was started I have run into more forum users than before. Also, sorry if I misspelt Leousi.

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: March 17, 2015, 04:25:15 am »
To the above argument: I do support Schwalbe and Disaster's point. Once I formed up with SREP and some Cake buddies to stack a lobby. Across the other team we had this level 14 pilot trying to take a gat mortar squid against our junker and hwacha spire, and his ally's slot was empty. I was fancying to play captain and I thought I'd switch over to the other team.

The two [Cake]s joined up with me The heretics! and it made for a rather tense match, and even though the odds were stacked against me a bit we won 5-4. Had I waited in my humble engi slot on our team for a captain across to fill in, it would most likely have been a pubstomp.

Also

I played with Logicalia. I heard he was a naughty boy at school. < only he'll get this

Offline Goldenglade

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Grim]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: March 17, 2015, 07:22:01 am »
Going to go ahead and put a formal warning in here for 2 reasons.

1. This topic has gone off track.
2. There's a new report filed on this thread every 12 hours.

So if we can't play nice and possibly maybe get the thread back on topic.... I'm going to go head and lock the thread until people have the time to cool down.

So... Lets play nice kill each other in the skies and not with words on the forum.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: March 17, 2015, 08:01:34 am »
I played with MightyKeb for a couple of matches, and since the last time I got to play with him, he has improved incredibly! Keep it up Keb! :)

I Played with Jimjimmington (again) such a nice guy!

I played with (Cakes) Melon, dudes a legend!!! Tally Ho!

Offline Melon McCrabernathy

• Salutes: 19
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: March 17, 2015, 01:39:58 pm »
I played with B'elanna, Tyb and Inkjet the other day, the minotaur is a good gun....

Offline RethBurn

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 71
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: March 18, 2015, 05:05:17 am »
After coming back from Berlin, I had the pleasure of crewing on Inkjets ship, together with two lovely new players, it was a genuine pleasure to fly on that ship. But, better yet, our enemies were great too! There was an assortment of older players, like Skrimskraw and Grey T, Melon, B'elanna, Heck even Coldcurse were there (In spectator I think?) and the lobby was a joy to fight in. We did lose though, but it was a bloody fantastic fight.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: March 19, 2015, 04:51:23 pm »
I played with Branheim the terrorist for his first ever match, after he purchased the game after reading my review!!!
Put him on Hades for his first match and he loved it, second match main engineer and he done very good!
My review got a sale!

Offline MagKel

• Salutes: 53
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood of GOIO
« Reply #402 on: March 20, 2015, 08:37:19 pm »
I played with AgentAze on her ship for her second game along with Demaster. Jawjee and Horatio Tibbs piloted the other two. She made a grevious error and renamed her ship as such in the next lobby where we decided Bubble Wrap should be in the game. Either as Wrap Mines, Wrap Ammo or as a pilot tool (You have freedom to choose, Muse). Then Horatio's ship filled with level 45 and as allies we decided to spend the next game pushing them around. Things went down hill from there and it was great GOIO.

"Dammit stop pushing my ship we are trying to be awesome" Horatio Tibbs March 2015 (uncertain attribution)

Offline Tanya Phenole

• Salutes: 92
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: March 23, 2015, 05:34:48 pm »
Couple of days ago i met a gunner named "stonemansomething". Forgot to add him in friendlist, he was so awesome! Hope someone knows him too and tells me his full nickname

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: March 23, 2015, 08:59:02 pm »
I met Jaimee today, Spanish goldfish pilot at level 22, and not only was he a nice guy, but he played as well as a lot of level 45's I've crewed for! Great communications, plus he let me shoot stuff! Its nice to shoot things once in a while. :)