Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 381732 times)

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
Re: I played with X
« Reply #375 on: March 14, 2015, 07:49:47 am »
Didn't pay attention to that, but it is enjoyable to hear his crazy laughs as he wins an engagement and tells the enemy where they can go! :D

Offline Riggatto

• Salutes: 60
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: March 14, 2015, 11:40:17 am »
I played with Logic last night, and I believe that he sounds less feminine than I do

its a joke on the fact that some players tell me I have a really deep voice
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 11:41:54 am by Riggatto »

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: March 14, 2015, 01:30:05 pm »
More salt, pls

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: March 16, 2015, 06:16:32 pm »
Bee there, seen that.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: March 16, 2015, 06:17:12 pm »
Big numbers make small people feel good about themselves.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: March 16, 2015, 06:28:09 pm »
Ah, yes. Playing with clanmates. A terrible crime.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: March 16, 2015, 06:34:14 pm »
Keeping lobby artifitially unbalanced in order to farm achievements. Noble as fuck.

Offline Xemkobankavareniya

• Salutes: 20
    • [Rrdy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: March 16, 2015, 06:38:48 pm »
my clantag is Salt.
GGMLG

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: March 16, 2015, 06:39:12 pm »
I was mostly referring to their apparent obsession with big numbers. Did no one else notice how rydr's went from 100+ to 500+ clan commendations in record time? What did they exploit to achieve that?
And then the fact that they insist on their competitive team being all level 45 as a lame intimidation tactic.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: March 16, 2015, 07:22:31 pm »
I hope everybody remembers the thing where if some people do something, it still does not apply to everybody. I was not there at the time of this event nor would I condone it as I try multiple times to swap with enemies when there is an obvious lvl stack, but I what I actually want to know, what the thing is that gets people the most: Is it that the clan Rydr itself stacking the lobby or that these members happen to have high levels while stacking the lobby, a lobby which everybody can leave if nobody has the intention of balancing it out? Nobody can say that Rydr was the first to do this, nor will Rydr be the last, and of course that is no excuse to stack the lobby to begin with, but that would not be the question I am asking.

Regarding the obsession with big numbers / Achievement farming: I can't speak for my fellow clan members, but if I cared enough to farm achievements or if I was obsessed with high numbers, I would have been max level on everything months or even a year ago. As far as I can tell people only notice these "farmers" the most, because they otherwise are not of enough interest, and why would they be of interest? A complete stranger that a oneself has no intention of suddenly making friends with can barely be of interest to oneself until they say something that hits a nerve, than they are the root of evil and everything associated with them must be the same. Back to this short topic, there are not nearly enough people in Rydr that are obsessed with big numbers or else you would really see it.
By the way, for the clan commendations to get to that high number it only took the dedication and determination of, I think, two of our members? Nobody forced these upvotes onto anybody, verbally over the internet it is not possible. The thing with clan commendations could be as simple explained as "the basics of marketing advertising".

I would like to act against that "stacking lobbies for achievements" thing, but it is a decision that players made themselves and they also apparantly want to play together, nothing wrong with that. In fact, one could even blame Muse's matchmaker or the low playerbase that does not allow for better balanced lobbies and the players themselves could be blamed for this too, if they really wanted truelly balanced lobbies. I have hundreds of "high levels" added on my friends list and see it everytime in custom matches that they are all scattered in different lobbies, none of them making the effort in creating a balanced lobby by inviting other high levels or waiting for them to finish their game and then join (maybe some of them don't have the time to do so and just want to play a few normal matches instead of organizing only one or none super match, that is ok).

Regarding Mr.Disaster's post that started (unnecessary?) uproar, I would like to state the following for future references: Try not to post negative stuff about people, at least in this thread.
This thread was free of negativity for so long and if it is going to be used to hate on people or an entire clan, which is not a human being, then I would also have a bunch of stories, like many others, to add to this. Examples would be people or a group of people that are in the same clan acting unsportsmanlike by switching ships at the last second (in competitive environment), trolling or generally unable to handle any sort of logical problem solving, hating, harrassing other people and much more, but that, I believe, was never the point of this thread. So let's not start doing that either, please.

If anybody thinks I am wrong or would like to hate more or instead have a simple discussion about it, because it is of their interest, I would invite them to send me a personal message, which can be send to multiple people if a group decides to come together to strengthen their voice. Unless, of course, they deem it as absolutely necessary that everybody sees the continuition of this discussion, I cannot stop them. Normally I would say "make another thread out of this", but I suppose that some forum moderaters would remove it when it comes to personal attacks.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 07:56:44 pm by Dementio »

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 16, 2015, 07:54:48 pm »
The negativity of Mr.Disaster's post comes from genuine anger - that was unfair. And though I'm not the one to bail out easily, it was a bit too much for my taste this evening. I can fight in a balanced match against Rydr, but FFS, that match lasted, like, 5 minutes.

It really lasted that long. To be exact - it lasted as long as this song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxbZv1H1Uug.

I can play a match like this once, but twice in a row - nope. Not against two extremely skilled and experienced crews. It sucks almost like killing off new players in a merciless slaughter. I like tough matches, but not unwinnable ones, and that one was like that. With allied pilot having 7 matches or something. Thanks, but - nope.

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: March 16, 2015, 08:12:04 pm »
I'd like to take a minute to defend the Rydrs here.

The Rydrs are currently the best team in the game. Few informed people would disagree with that. They play togther well and have a lot of individual skill. They practice like hell, and they earned all the success they have achieved. I consider a lot of Rydrs friends, not because of their skill, but because of their attitude. They have the ability to turn off "try hard mode" and just play the game. I see Lueosi play games with randoms all the time. He'll just hop into lobbies alone and crew with low level players on a very regular basis. He's the best individual pilot in the game at this point and could have a skilled team to play with in a second. Same goes for Daniel and other Rydrs. They like to play with each other, just like I do and anyone does with their clan. I can't fault them for that and neither can you (you meaning anyone, not any player specifically). Just a few days ago I was in a lobby with 2 full-ish Rydr ships in a public 2v2 on shuffle and they shuffled. It was a good lobby that was super balenced every other game. This happens often.

It's easy to hate a team because they're good. Hell, being on the receiving end of a full Ryder team in competitive events makes me pretty angry from time to time, but don't fault people for playing the game. The Rydrs get more hate for lobby stacking than anyone else, and I don't see why

« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 08:13:42 pm by DJ Logicalia »

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 16, 2015, 08:16:26 pm »
Please do not turn this thread into an argument. As I have said before, this is a forum. If you are really that angry, so angry you cannot control whether or not you type with consideration for others, please go vent or something. We are all adults, or can at least act like it, so let's be civil. Anger is fine, but this is not the thread for it. If I am not mistaken, the pit has basically no rules. You can post your anger there. I think. I might be wrong, but I am sure there is somewhere that allows complaints involving people or clans. Wherever that is it is not here, so let's nip this in the bud, before it blows out of control.

Offline Ayetach

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 16, 2015, 08:17:58 pm »
Hello everyone, I'm going to take a minute to remind everyone that as much as we are free to express our opinions on many matters in the game - insults and obscenities beyond reasonable use towards any individual or group is not necessary. Please refrain from using them towards other players in an inflammatory manner; Be mindful that despite disagreements and thoughts yourselves and other players may have of one another we all still adhere to the community standards laid forth by Muse as outlined in these two points:

1. Profanity/Obscenity

You may not use any sexually explicit, harmful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially or ethnically offensive language. You may not attempt to communicate these by any means, including but not limited to masking, acronyms, abbreviations, innuendo, or languages other than English.

2. Trolling/Harassment

Trolling or harassment includes personal verbal attacks, insults, communicating or behaving in a manner which is offensively coarse, intimidating or threatening, making unwelcome sexual advances, or engaging in other activities intended or likely to cause disruption, annoyance or alarm. You may not harass, threaten, or troll other players or representatives of Muse Games.

Lets make an effort to be more constructive in our criticisms :) and have a measure of respect responding in kind.

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 17, 2015, 01:17:16 am »
Are you all done yet?

It's not the matter of waging war against Ryders or any bullshit like that, its a matter of one bloody unpleasant event, which we found annoying. You all have turned this into an argument.

PS: I think you might've made Mr.Disaster ragequit from this game. Again. Bravo. Feel proud?
PPS: Why on earth did you delete his post?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 01:41:44 am by Schwalbe »