Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 374165 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: I played with X
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2013, 12:13:59 pm »
I Flew with Russian CA Ailen yesterday. He gave the engineering rundown to another engineer on my crew in Russian. We didn't do to well on account of bad lag while trying to maneuver a Galleon through Duel at Dawn. I only know how to say "left", "right", "front", "back", "shoot", "repair" "ballon", and "hull" in Russian. I look forward to Russian training day.

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2013, 04:11:10 pm »
I Flew with Russian CA Ailen yesterday. He gave the engineering rundown to another engineer on my crew in Russian. We didn't do to well on account of bad lag while trying to maneuver a Galleon through Duel at Dawn. I only know how to say "left", "right", "front", "back", "shoot", "repair" "ballon", and "hull" in Russian. I look forward to Russian training day.

Левая», «право», «фронт», «назад», «стрелять», «ремонт» «Бальона» и «Халл
easy as that!

(right = PRAH-vuh, Left = LYEH-vuh is all I know)

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 05:09:52 pm »
I played with Captain Smollett today and he is a nice person

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 05:14:01 pm »

He is awesome to fly with. Knows his stuff, explains everything to new players, and even goes out of his way to help me with achievements. Amazing guy.

Offline Phoebe

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 05:40:27 pm »

He is awesome to fly with. Knows his stuff, explains everything to new players, and even goes out of his way to help me with achievements. Amazing guy.

I wouldn't mind some help with a couple of achievements; I have no idea how people manage to complete some of them

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2013, 05:51:57 pm »

I wouldn't mind some help with a couple of achievements; I have no idea how people manage to complete some of them

Which ones are you finding tough in particular?

Offline Phoebe

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2013, 07:07:12 pm »
Pretty much all of them because they require me to do things not everyone might agree with.

Like... I hate dissapointing people;- so my incendiary and heatsink achievements are simply idle right now.  I can't really manage to get 5 kills in a single match;- destroying balloons seems to be quite tough with the captain yelling at me that I need to target the hull;- I don't find many CP matches going on and when I create one it remains dead.

I imagine a lot of these achievements will sort theirselves after months of playing;- it's just kind of a shame because I already could have completed ones beyond them with more popular to gain goals

Offline Shukketsushi

• Salutes: 50
    • [МSF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2013, 07:14:35 pm »
I have no idea how people manage to complete some of them

By playing for a long time. I spent ages at engineering level 6 because of unnatural achievements.

You can also request that your captain take a pyra if you have the balloon popping achievement. You can be the top deck engineer, gunning and watching the balloon. Find creative ways to work around it.

Buffing achievements are the worst, in my opinion.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2013, 07:23:38 pm »
I tend to save the awkward Pilot achievements for the occasions when you get one of those crews.  Gives you something to do when you're cruising the edges of the map.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2013, 07:28:55 pm »
my incendiary and heatsink achievements are simply idle right now. 

Incendiary is good on gatling, but heatsink is essentially useless right now.

I can't really manage to get 5 kills in a single match

Used to be way easier before the flak nerf. I'd get over 5 kills easily when gungineering on a Galleon on Scrap.

destroying balloons seems to be quite tough with the captain yelling at me that I need to target the hull

Just hope that you get to go on a carronade, I guess.

I don't find many CP matches going on and when I create one it remains dead.

Agreed. I need to get three more extinguishes on guns in CP for level 9 engineer. I hardly ever get to play CP, and when I do the other team doesn't use flamers. When they do use flamers, they don't hit the guns. And if they do hit the guns, then the achievements glitch and I make no progress.

I have no idea how people manage to complete some of them

By playing for a long time. I spent ages at engineering level 6 because of unnatural achievements.

You can also request that your captain take a pyra if you have the balloon popping achievement. You can be the top deck engineer, gunning and watching the balloon. Find creative ways to work around it.

Buffing achievements are the worst, in my opinion.

Same here. I'm been a level 8 engineer for too long now. And don't get me started on buffing achievements. Buff 150 balloons? What?

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2013, 07:34:10 pm »
I tend to save the awkward Pilot achievements for the occasions when you get one of those crews.  Gives you something to do when you're cruising the edges of the map.

^This man has the idea. I do the same thing. I have to rebuild 200 guns. If the pilot likes to do the harlem shake as we're moving into range and then blame the gunner for his hwacha blast going everywhere but into the enemy, it's lochnagar time.

Offline Pickle

• [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2013, 07:47:59 pm »
Five kills in one match.. you need a good Social tab.  I think Phoebe was (very quietly) on the Red team for a few matches the other night against a mostly Crows and their allies Blue team.  At one point we were all (ok, mostly all, we had a couple of language difficulties) setting up one player for their five-kill match.  Our ship held fire once we'd weakened an opponent and allowed him to finish them off so he could meet his achievement.  And it worked.  Took a couple of matches (language difficulties with one of the gunners on our ship) but we got there.

Just make it known when you have one of the really tough achievements - stack a team to get the achievement and keep up good communication so that everyone knows how things are going.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2013, 12:45:03 am »
Played with zill, BdrLineAzn, Morbie, meriwhether, and a bunch of other people today, pretty dang good game we had.

Offline valkor

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:02 pm »
I played on that ship with N-Sunderland and Phoebe. They where both fun to crew with. Phoebe told me to call her "Feebe". Also she doesnt hesitate to talk now. We had a goof time and I do think it was on a Pyra. Salute to you both. :)

Offline valkor

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2013, 02:50:45 pm »
Good time hehe