Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 373933 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: I played with X
« Reply #285 on: August 28, 2013, 05:44:17 am »
Let's try to keep this thread on-topic.

We'll chat about it on Steam.

I've been enjoying a particularly large amount of scrimmages lately.

It's been fun getting my ass beat in-game by a bunch of Big Names from the forum!

I mean that sincerely. You all rock.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 29, 2013, 08:56:24 pm »
Had Rutger Shaw, Garou and Humacius on my squid a moment ago. I've never seen anyone take to my crazy offensive mine launcher build so quickly. Had heaps of fun as a result of having a brilliant crew.

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 30, 2013, 02:09:08 am »
I played with Cap'n'cook, Sir Morty and another fellow who's name escapes me at the moment on an all Phobos junker killing a double galleon team. I had such a blast with you people! Hats off to you all!

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 30, 2013, 06:03:28 am »
A few days ago I played with Captain Phoenix and Twinkie on Phoenix's all-mine junker. Say the least, we had great fun blowing up both allies and enemies.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2013, 08:33:51 am »
Oh, this is a bit of a confessional.

Many moons ago, back when the lobby news said something like "Please make TGS welcome" (for the youtube TGS battle) I played a game against SoTotallyToby.  I was pilot and named my ship KillToby (inthelittlewood usually asks viewers to type #killtoby into the comments when they do videos together), and there were a bunch of people typing #killtoby into chat.

Anyway, we beat Toby and I have never seen him playing since :'(.

Sorry Toby

Offline Adrasteia

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 18, 2013, 10:57:53 am »
I played with B'Elanna, Ramjamslam, Tropo, and Yolo yesterday with my first real times playing as a pilot.  There are others I'm forgetting at the moment, and I'm sorry for that.  They stuck out the nonstop 5 hours I was piloting with great patience, no complaints, and overall made it so much fun… I love ya guys!

Offline Mr. Ace Rimmer

• Salutes: 31
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 18, 2013, 11:32:56 am »
I flew with Sammy on his junker yesterday. Taught me a few things about gunbuffgineering and was possibly the most laid back person I've flown under, even making us do 'pew-pew' sounds when we shot :P

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #292 on: September 19, 2013, 12:27:00 pm »
I flew on YoloSwagJesus' ship yesterday and even had Spud Nick crewing with me for a time. It is a little weird being on the same crew as someone you are used to captaining with or against. You keep expecting the conversation to be tactical as opposed to immediate ship emergency. I miss having access to the captain comm channel especially since the way we were maneuvering there was obviously some plotting going on at the higher level.

Offline Serenum

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 24, 2013, 07:12:08 am »
Had some good matches with Calico Jack and a whole bunch of other people that I'm afraid I don't remeber right now. Some intense Raid on the Refinery action.
Also, in a plot twist, we were all Italians.  :o
« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 07:15:12 am by Serenum »

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 24, 2013, 07:57:54 am »
Had some good matches with Calico Jack and a whole bunch of other people that I'm afraid I don't remeber right now. Some intense Raid on the Refinery action.
Also, in a plot twist, we were all Italians.  :o

heh - the guys on my team kept saying "Focus on cacca" because they couldn't pronounce "cacciapesce" (looking at you Wazulu :D)

Offline Serenum

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 24, 2013, 12:07:12 pm »
LOL
It's always fun to hear people trying to pronounce the names of my ships.
Like Bucintoro being called "Bachintouru" or the Cacciapesca "Cacchìapeska".

One time a player that spoke Italian but wasn't italian himself wrote "I KNOW WHAT THE NAME OF THAT SHIP MEANS! IT'S HUNTING PEACH", referring to the Cacciapesca... Nice try, but it was hilarious!  :D

All my ships are actually named after venetian boats, the cacciapesca being the small boat for hunting and fishing in the lagoon. Seemed appropriate for the nimble Squid. But most people probably only recognize the Gondola...

Offline Cl ick to Ca p t ain

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 25
    • [?]
    • View Profile
    • ṋ̟̳̪͒ͦ͑ͯ͒̓̾͌̓ͥ̐̓o̹̗̭̝̪͚͖͙̖̝̳͔̮̟͙͆ͬ̇̋͗̒ͮͭ͌ͥ̀ͩͮ̆͛ͭ͐̈́ ̝̘̟̝̥̭͔̼͓͖̘̜̦̰͒͊̒͆̃ͩ͛̋͋̎̂̊̏͆ͣ̚ͅ ͓̦̖͔̖̞̟̱͉̪͇̮̫͉̀͋̆͗̑̽̿̚ͅ ̥͍͚̣̂̈́ͪ͋̂ͥ̊ͧͣ͌̉̇̓͆ͨ̔ͤ̍ ̫͇͕̤̣̩̗͎̭̙̱͔̘̝͖̀ͭ̆͂̈́ͅ ͎̹͓̼͖̥̤̗ͦͤ̈̄̚ͅt͎̞̺̱̜̺̋̋̊͗ͬ͗ͪͩ̈ͮ̽̐̉̀̅ͫ̃h̤̺͎͖̯͈͍̲͛͂̉́̎̂̔̚ ̯̲͓̭̬̱͈̟̳͒͒̉̈̊͊ͅͅ ̘͓͈͚̦ͪ̽͑ͣ̓ͦ͊̐̿̇̈́ ͪͨ͛̌̔̽͆ͬͪ̂̐
« Reply #296 on: September 25, 2013, 10:11:41 am »
I missed this thread starting out so I'm going to try and make up for lost time, flown with Mr Rimmer recently and was a great few matches!Gryphos also, back in flotsam, a big thanks to trying to help us get through that in our first week of playing! Kyren also was a big help during flotsam! Been having a great time also flying with Brick Hardcastle and his Bully Boys! Lastly it was interesting to say the least flying with Keyvias in the devgame with the design team last week!

If I left anyone out I'm sorry, I'm simply pulling folks from my steam friendslist. It has been a blast flying with the lot of you!

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #297 on: September 27, 2013, 12:01:41 am »
So I was practically stalking Gadzoooks and calaminebob because they were the only bounties online on my timezone.
And after trying to kill them both for nearly 5 days i finally got a good teammate and managed to get my first bounty points :D

Offline Gadzoooks

• Salutes: 0
    • [‽]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 27, 2013, 03:15:29 am »
Haha, t'was be a well-earned bounty! My friends and I had a lot of fun blowing up your ships with egregious amounts of hwa cha spam.

On a more serious note, wouldn't mind playing with you again, it was a lot of fun :D

Offline geggis

• [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: October 08, 2013, 04:34:09 am »
I played with Phelan, Wundsalz, Sprayer and General Cusell (sp?) briefly last night with a few random players and didn't have a particularly good run, thanks in no small part to the terrible lag I was having (something I haven't suffered from in a long time), piloting badly and running alt builds. At one point on Northern Fjords when I was flying a squid the game hung for about 10 seconds before spitting me out half way across the map. Needless to say it was horrible and hugely distracting so after that I quit. When I rejoined later on I didn't have any more issues and managed to play some good games for a couple of hours with a few familiar names (lukewin, SirVanceALittle and CustardInc - hi!).
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 04:39:03 am by geggis »