Author Topic: I played with X  (Read 373918 times)

Offline Jazzza

• Salutes: 16
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: I played with X
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2013, 03:18:12 am »
I get around a lot due to being in a weird time zone to the rest of you. I'll be the official hussy of GoIO. Always happy to play with you all if you want, I have the same steam name as my GoIO name if you want to hit me up for a game some time.

I'm good friends with Multifish and he speaks of you sometimes.

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2013, 04:15:57 am »
I played a match with Icarus Law as captain, he did a great job for just arriving to the game!  Even came over to the forums!  Now that's a man who gets a green name.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 05:48:37 am »
I get around a lot due to being in a weird time zone to the rest of you. I'll be the official hussy of GoIO. Always happy to play with you all if you want, I have the same steam name as my GoIO name if you want to hit me up for a game some time.

I'm good friends with Multifish and he speaks of you sometimes.

Score! Another boost to my hilarious ego! (It's fake) Hussy powers.... AWAAAAAYYYYYYY!

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2013, 06:07:01 pm »
After Ccrack was finished, he hopped on and was kind enough to let a noob bang around on his ship while learning the ropes. Great captain, low stress learning match, thanks man.

then went on GOI for a bit

Offline Phoebe

• Salutes: 62
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2013, 06:09:07 pm »
I played with Morbie, and umm Tim; and Captain Roy.. and a lot of people; and then some more; and then some with myself; and then with Morbie again.  :D

Offline JaceBoojah

• Salutes: 42
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2013, 06:30:19 pm »
I played a game with Dragon soul and we played the dragon tails theme some a lot while zill spectator and ate the opposite of ravioli which I don't know what that is.

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2013, 07:50:50 am »
I played with HamsterIV, and remain impressed. Great communication, great tactics, all around great game.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2013, 02:22:19 pm »
I played with Charon last night. His communications were brief but very precise. He knows a lot about how to say the most in the fewest words. He also brought some newbie friends who were very quick to pick up the basics of the game. We ended our first round 5/4 having spend our first few lives teaching the new players the way of the engineer.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2013, 11:22:33 pm »
Played with Phoebe today. She did a really good job as an engineer, even though she's apparently still learning the ropes.

Offline Phoebe

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2013, 11:58:58 pm »
Played with Sunderland today; who buttered me up with compliments about how I engineer and I pretended to be really good at it too!  I'm not going to tell him I probably looked pretty decent because it was our team ship that was constantly under attack and all I had to do was hammer our hull to look busy :D

:P

But he's a nice person!

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 09:31:28 am »
Played with Sunderland today; who buttered me up with compliments about how I engineer and I pretended to be really good at it too!  I'm not going to tell him I probably looked pretty decent because it was our team ship that was constantly under attack and all I had to do was hammer our hull to look busy :D

:P

But he's a nice person!

Actually, Phoebe, we were taking some pretty substantial damage there, and you kept it going. The only times you let us down were when we went into 2v1s (but nobody can really handle a 2v1). If you can keep a ship going like that now, then you'll be an awesome engineer in the future.

Offline Phoebe

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 09:47:34 am »
Well one thing I figured out on my own which might have been useful is that when you use a spanner to rebuild the hull;- you can actually play with your hotkeys to reset the swing timer on the spanner;- thus enabling you to rebuild the hull faster

In my case I'm using a Spanner on hotkey 1 and a Mallet on hotkey 2; and I just do a really fast sequence of :   1, M1, 2, 1, M1, 2, 1, M1   (Which in words would be : Select spanner; click hull to rebuild; select mallet; select spanner again; click hull to rebuild; repeat)

This is probably nothing new and all the vets probably use it but I figured it out all on my own and I was proud of that

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2013, 09:54:39 am »
Well one thing I figured out on my own which might have been useful is that when you use a spanner to rebuild the hull;- you can actually play with your hotkeys to reset the swing timer on the spanner;- thus enabling you to rebuild the hull faster

In my case I'm using a Spanner on hotkey 1 and a Mallet on hotkey 2; and I just do a really fast sequence of :   1, M1, 2, 1, M1, 2, 1, M1   (Which in words would be : Select spanner; click hull to rebuild; select mallet; select spanner again; click hull to rebuild; repeat)

This is probably nothing new and all the vets probably use it but I figured it out all on my own and I was proud of that

Wait, what??? I have to try that! I have never seen anybody doing that O_o

Offline Phoebe

• [SPQR]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2013, 09:56:42 am »
Oh I figured it was pretty well known as I found it pretty easy and thought it was kind of neat.   That's why you saw me standing at the hull just switching my tools rapidly eventhough the hull was up in like 2 seconds

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 11, 2013, 09:58:11 am »
Oh I figured it was pretty well known as I found it pretty easy and thought it was kind of neat.   That's why you saw me standing at the hull just switching my tools rapidly eventhough the hull was up in like 2 seconds

Sounds like a bug more than a vet trick, lol. Now i need to try that...