Author Topic: Leaver penalty  (Read 51888 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Leaver penalty
« Reply #60 on: August 09, 2013, 04:32:36 pm »
There's a few problems with a penalty system  random dcs leaving to change ammo types will all come to an end

From what was stated earlier I believe you can simply rejoin the match you dc'd from, you'd only be prevented from playing in another match.

Offline Thaago

• Salutes: 12
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 09, 2013, 05:19:29 pm »

Something as simple as a 'matches played/matches completed' stat that sits in the progress tab might be beneficial. No one else could see it, but the person would at least have a realistic count of how much they quit. Of course they might not notice, or care.

I kind of like this. It's like a passive aggressive note to DC'ers. Similar in thought to the electronic "Your Speed is" signs that are actually rather effective, if only briefly. I wonder if it would have any effect in this situation?

And when you click to leave, it pops up a thing saying "Are you sure you wish to leave? This will go on your permanent record." :P Might be a bit too much. But bring the shame. SHAME.

Offline MasX

• Salutes: 26
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 10, 2013, 12:26:13 pm »
There's a few problems with a penalty system  random dcs leaving to change ammo types will all come to an end

From what was stated earlier I believe you can simply rejoin the match you dc'd from, you'd only be prevented from playing in another match.

o that's kool    we could also use the  ranked and unranked games system 

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 10, 2013, 04:51:29 pm »
And when you click to leave, it pops up a thing saying "Are you sure you wish to leave? This will go on your permanent record." :P Might be a bit too much. But bring the shame. SHAME.

I played in a game that did this but people were more worried about bragging about their K/D ratio so they quit out anyway.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2013, 08:25:19 am »
I was looking at the running matches the other day to see if I could find a surrendered ship. I found a match with a goldfish and a galleon vs another goldfish and a galleon. One of the goldfish pilots surrendered the match so I joined that ship as a captain and made it my own. I looked at the map to find out where my galleon was and rushed over to him yelling on captains chat "NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER!" I managed to kill the goldfish with ease simply because he did not realize that this ship was still active.

After we killed the galleon in a 2 vs 1 we waiting for another target to be spotted. The score is now 2 for red and 2 for blue. Goldfish spotted to the NW! "He is not waiting for his buddy he is coming right at us!" 2 vs 1 we kill the goldfish while the galleon was still trying to get closer. Once the galleon gets In range it's another 2 vs 1 and he quickly goes down. The score in now 4 to 2 in our favor and as we wait for the next target to come charging in I type in match chat "NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER!" Seconds later the match ends. VICTORY! the other team has surrendered!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 08:48:43 am by Spud Nick »

Offline Taitolf

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 13, 2013, 04:33:38 am »
I completely agree with this, coming from League of Legends. Maybe along with a punishment system there could be a reward system for people who stay in the game. Or perhaps just the time limit should be made visible on screen - so people can see how long is left and know that the shouldn't quit yet. I think a few things like this updated in a patch could boost the gameplay immensely!

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 13, 2013, 04:52:14 am »
If you join a game  you are making a commitment to that ship, your crew, the captain and your team. Not allowing someone to join another game until the first one is finished is not a punishment. why eat another Cake if you haven't finished your first one?

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 13, 2013, 08:00:59 am »
I completely agree with this, coming from League of Legends. Maybe along with a punishment system there could be a reward system for people who stay in the game. Or perhaps just the time limit should be made visible on screen - so people can see how long is left and know that the shouldn't quit yet. I think a few things like this updated in a patch could boost the gameplay immensely!

negative reinforcement  ie punishment, just creates more negative responses - this is something Muse has absolutely right. The majority of the player base are reasonable, approachable and friendly due to the way the game is designed- compare that to other multiplayer games with punishment systems, whether that's because it system of rewarding "good" behaviour encourages people to be that way, or because it drives off the ones who thrive in run of the mill multiplayer, it doesn't really matter, the result is what counts. That's not to say kicks and bans aren't in the game, the decision to kick or ban is in the hands of muse and certain CAs.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 08:08:07 am by Calico Jack »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 13, 2013, 10:06:03 am »
That's not to say kicks and bans aren't in the game, the decision to kick or ban is in the hands of muse and certain CAs.

For anybody wondering: CA Mods do not currently have any in-game moderation powers. So if you ask me in-game to kick somebody... Well... I can't do that.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 13, 2013, 10:07:23 am »
That's not to say kicks and bans aren't in the game, the decision to kick or ban is in the hands of muse and certain CAs.

For anybody wondering: CA Mods do not currently have any in-game moderation powers. So if you ask me in-game to kick somebody... Well... I can't do that.

Shhhhhhhhhhh they didn't know that.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2013, 01:58:51 pm »

Yet.

Offline Grukan Slater

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 14, 2013, 04:13:37 am »
Yes please, this is needed.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #72 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:43 am »
We're implementing leave stats soon.

Rest assured.

Offline Calico Jack

• [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2013, 05:16:26 pm »
We're implementing leave stats soon.

Rest assured.

As a genuine question how will this help you if you know your teammate has a high leave rate?  Alert you to resign the match quicker?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04:24 pm »
There was abandon stat in beta I think. They did nothing really, lol.