Author Topic: Is it just me or...  (Read 33262 times)

Offline Unprepared Jay

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Is it just me or...
« on: August 01, 2013, 05:04:03 am »
Is it just me or is everybody else getting a bit bored of always coming across the pyramidion? It seems that the only ship I ever manage to crew on with randoms is a pyramid. And its dull. So so dull.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not saying the ship is boring or anything. I'm just getting so bored of always having to be on it. It is one of the less interesting ships to crew on imo.

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or...
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 06:11:05 am »
That's because it's one of the better ships in the game with the current meta (Gatling/mortar/flak) and it's easy to fly as well.

Offline Unprepared Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 06:16:05 am »
I know why its used all the time. I'm just saying I get bored of seeing it 24/7 haha. There are so many other ships that work really well. Just my two cents.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:31:27 am »
Once you wander to higher tiers, especially to clantag people, pyramidion loses its majority. Luckily. But you still see them in almost every match. :K

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:34:34 am »
No it's not just you Unprepared Jay - I'm bored with piloting gat/flak|mortar pyras, and depending on the crew/teammate I have I'll try to not fly them. Though once someone knows the basics of their role they're easy to 'get', meaning they're also useful for training new players how to divide tasks by components and prioritisation.

Offline Unprepared Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2013, 09:48:45 am »
Hmmm. Yeah, i can see their merits at least. But it hurts my head a little haha.

Yesterday a new player was piloting and saying how the pyramid is the best ship because he couldn't do well with other ones. But he was a level 1 pilot so clearly he hadn't invested much time into piloting the others lol.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2013, 09:50:04 am »
I try not to crew on pyramidions anymore unless they have an out of the box build.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2013, 10:27:16 am »
I try not to crew on pyramidions anymore unless they have an out of the box build.

Same. Sure it's more likely to win on one, but it's just... Boring. When I'm piloting my Pyra, I try my best to use an odd setup to give my crew something different. I've found some particularly fun builds, and some that actually work, too.

If you crew on a meta one, try something different yourself. Bring a buff kit, try different ammo, practice your acrobatics, master that Pyra!

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 10:39:37 am »

Same. Sure it's more likely to win on one, but it's just... Boring. When I'm piloting my Pyra, I try my best to use an odd setup to give my crew something different. I've found some particularly fun builds, and some that actually work, too.

If you crew on a meta one, try something different yourself. Bring a buff kit, try different ammo, practice your acrobatics, master that Pyra!

One of the reasons why I love my double front Gatling build.

Offline Unprepared Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 11:07:39 am »
I guess I find it dull because there isn't any "variation" in how you play it as a crew member. Its like, oh i'm the gunner so i just stand in this one spot for like 30 minutes wooooo. (Slight exaggerations obviously)

If you then compare that style of gameplay to the junker or galleon perhaps, you actually get to run around and yeahhh its just more interesting imo.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 11:14:23 am »

Don't forget the Gat + Merc ;)

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 11:46:27 am »

Don't forget the Gat + Merc ;)

Ramming builds for the win. Though, as a Pastry, I enjoy a dual flamer build >:D

You could always try doing your achievements while on a Pyra to at least get SOME enjoyment from it.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:51 pm »
Running around the ship screaming obscenities at your legs for not being fast enough never was my focus on GoIO, but I do see the certain dullness aspect of being stationed at one spot for the whole match as a gunner.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2013, 02:25:43 pm »
I saw it a lot as a lower level (and mainly piloted it myself as well) simply because it's the easiest ship to fly. You just point at someone and boom, great combination of guns tearing apart your enemy. Not to mention it's pretty durable. As you progress and start playing with higher leveled players, you'll find the pyramidion isn't so common. More skilled pilots are willing to try non-standard loadouts (and are quite good with them), so there's not as much draw for the pyramidion. I know it may seem boring now, but becoming good with the pyramidion is good practice when you're starting out. If you look around a bit you'll definitely find matches without any pyramidions, though. There are lots of other people who are bored of them too.

Offline Unprepared Jay

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2013, 03:25:05 pm »
Well it's nice to know it wasn't just me haha. It wasn't gonna stop me from flying about and being the best darn steampunk pirate i could be.

Just nice to know that i'm not on my own :P