Author Topic: Chat and ESC button  (Read 5018 times)

Offline Dragonix

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Chat and ESC button
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:46:14 am »
Hi,

I just recently joined the game last night and I must say I really enjoyed the game so much! 

As we can see, this is kind of the game where communication is crucial in determining the difference between victory and defeat.  I've noticed that there is one feature that is little... let's say... annoying when dealing with. 

Everytime I tried to type something then decided to not to.  I pressed ESC button to "close" or "cancel" my typing but instead, the whole ESC menu popped up.  I had to press ESC button again to go back to the game with chat "closed." 

So what I'm trying to say is... I shouldn't be forced to go to ESC menu everytime I want to cancel or close my chat window.  ESC is usually the default button to close the chat window so can you fix this?  If the chat is already close then it is reasonable for the menu to show up when you press ESC button.

Thanks!

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Chat and ESC button
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 09:24:27 am »
I usually blank out the chatbox and hit enter.
I would love to see the ESC key bound to 'clear chat' when you've been typing in the box.
(I usually get halfway through a line then try to voice chat, resulting in errant X's and me missing my chance to talk)

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 09:38:19 am »
If you click anywhere with the mouse it will cancel the chat. I found that out about a month ago. Previously i was doing the same thing as you Plasma.

The worst was when i started typing something and then held X to talk in middle, wondering why i couldn't, then hitting enter resulting in:
"i don't thixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

:)

EDIT: I didn't read your post all  the way through about hitting X lol
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 09:40:38 am by shadowsteel »

Offline Dragonix

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 10:14:01 am »
If you click anywhere with the mouse it will cancel the chat. I found that out about a month ago. Previously i was doing the same thing as you Plasma.

The worst was when i started typing something and then held X to talk in middle, wondering why i couldn't, then hitting enter resulting in:
"i don't thixxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

:)

EDIT: I didn't read your post all  the way through about hitting X lol

That made me lol'ed.  :D

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 03:36:19 pm »
Right-clicking also gets rid of the chatbox. Can be useful if youre sitting on a gun while typing, but dont want to fire it by mistake (by left-clicking to get rid of the chat box).