Author Topic: Ship suggestions!  (Read 10261 times)

Offline Steampunk Gordon

• Salutes: 0
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Ship suggestions!
« on: August 01, 2013, 07:59:48 pm »
Hello, lads!

I've got quite the idea for some new ships and an additional weapon added to our arsenal! Let's get to it!

The Cardun (pronounced Car-doon) :
Weapons: 2 light guns on the forward head; 1 heavy gun on the forward head; 2 more light guns on the back.
Design: Looks a bit like this (---) ; a bit like a TIE fighter :P. The balloons rest on the sides of the ship, blocking most sight on the sides.
No requirements.

The Goliath:
Weapons: 2 heavy guns mounted on the front; 2 light guns on either side, equaling 4 total (More guns?).
Design: Well, what do you think this thing should look like?
Requirements: A level 5 sailor. With this monster of a ship, it'd take a hell of a captain, wouldn't you think?

I figure with this ship, the Galleon should have a predecessor to it, right?

---

Lastly, the new weapon: The Chimera Chain(Gatling?) Gun.
It seems like most of the weapons in game have a relative to it; especially the caronades, flak cannon, mortar and rockets. Why not have a Gatling gun upgrade?

Those are just my 2 cents into what could be added! Tell me what you think, what your opinions are and such :).

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship suggestions!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2013, 08:26:34 pm »
Hello, lads!

I've got quite the idea for some new ships and an additional weapon added to our arsenal! Let's get to it!

Weapons: 2 light guns on the forward head; 1 heavy gun on the forward head; 2 more light guns on the back.
Design: Looks a bit like this (---) ; a bit like a TIE fighter :P. The balloons rest on the sides of the ship, blocking most sight on the sides.
No requirements.

The Goliath:
Weapons: 2 heavy guns mounted on the front; 2 light guns on either side, equaling 4 total (More guns?).
Requirements: A level 5 sailor. With this monster of a ship, it'd take a hell of a captain, wouldn't you think?

---

It seems like most of the weapons in game have a relative to it; especially the caronades, flak cannon, mortar and rockets. Why not have a Gatling gun upgrade?

Those are just my 2 cents into what could be added! Tell me what you think, what your opinions are and such :).

A heavy Gat would make flak/Gat Galleons viable which frankly is kind of over powered seeing its already a beast of a ship.

Secondly, the idea for the Goliath is interesting however level locking a ship is not something muse wants to do, seeing as they want an equal playing field, as in no restricted content.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2013, 08:39:25 pm »
That much firepower facing forward (two heavy guns or two light guns and a heavy) could easily unbalance the game if the ship wasn't nerfed in some other way (like the spire is with a gun turned 45 degrees, large distance between hull and balloon components and a hull made of tissue paper).

Offline Steampunk Gordon

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2013, 08:40:38 pm »
Hello, lads!

No requirements.

The Goliath:

---

A heavy Gat would make flak/Gat Galleons viable which frankly is kind of over powered seeing its already a beast of a ship.

Secondly, the idea for the Goliath is interesting however level locking a ship is not something muse wants to do, seeing as they want an equal playing field, as in no restricted content.

I suppose that's true, but then again, I've seen Galleons with all Hwatchas dominate the battlefield. So, it's kind of 50/50

As for that, again, you're right. But, why not involve a ship where people would have to work for it? I love the 'no level' system for unlocking things, but it'd be something to look forward to :P

Offline Steampunk Gordon

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2013, 08:42:40 pm »
That much firepower facing forward (two heavy guns or two light guns and a heavy) could easily unbalance the game if the ship wasn't nerfed in some other way (like the spire is with a gun turned 45 degrees, large distance between hull and balloon components and a hull made of tissue paper).

So be it! It's already a bit 'balanced', per se, with the balloons obstructing the view of the gunners/captain. Of course, there's also the nerfing of armor and such, much like the Spire is.

Offline Helkovius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 02:28:01 pm »
I have an idea to, not for a new ship but rather a bit ship "fluff", Why cant we have the current ships as classes instead and then the players could design their individual ship.

For an example, a Galleon "class" have the guns arranged the same way no matter what, but the body can be changed to for another look, and then you could choose how the baloon would look like and the sails and perhaps be able to make a logo or a flag that you could place on your ship.

And to not overload the servers and give MASSIVE lag due to the many different ships, you could just let there be options that already exist, like have a set of perhaps five different hulls for every ship "class".

And due to that every hull have the same gun arrangement the balance wont be a problem, the only thing that changes on the ship is how it looks, no stats, no nothing, just the look  :D

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 02:39:22 pm »
Hull shape, balloon shape, colors, etc are actually very important factors in this game.  I think you will see stuff like that in the Adventure Mode where it won't make a competitive difference.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 04:10:31 pm »
I actually think Muse is already working on this. Hitboxes from what I understand would remain unchanged.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 04:32:01 pm »
I actually think Muse is already working on this. Hitboxes from what I understand would remain unchanged.

Not sure I would be a fan of that.  First, it would mean that those who know where the hit box is in relation to the actual graphics would have an edge.  Also, I think that Skirmish Mode should remain as WYSIWYG as possible.  But that's just one guy's opinion.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2013, 04:39:05 pm »

Not sure I would be a fan of that.  First, it would mean that those who know where the hit box is in relation to the actual graphics would have an edge.  Also, I think that Skirmish Mode should remain as WYSIWYG as possible.  But that's just one guy's opinion.

I don't think that customization will actually change the shape of the ships, so no need to worry about that.

Offline Steampunk Gordon

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2013, 06:32:42 pm »
I have an idea to, not for a new ship but rather a bit ship "fluff", Why cant we have the current ships as classes instead and then the players could design their individual ship.

For an example, a Galleon "class" have the guns arranged the same way no matter what, but the body can be changed to for another look, and then you could choose how the baloon would look like and the sails and perhaps be able to make a logo or a flag that you could place on your ship.

And to not overload the servers and give MASSIVE lag due to the many different ships, you could just let there be options that already exist, like have a set of perhaps five different hulls for every ship "class".

And due to that every hull have the same gun arrangement the balance wont be a problem, the only thing that changes on the ship is how it looks, no stats, no nothing, just the look  :D

You know, I'd been thinking the same way! I mean, I love the ship designs and such, but having different colors or layouts would be pretty cool It'd be kind of like FTL's 'Type A/B' ships, now that I think about it.

Offline Helkovius

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2013, 06:38:44 pm »

I don't think that customization will actually change the shape of the ships, so no need to worry about that.

No, not change how the structure of the ship looks like, just the design and some estetics