Author Topic: heavy mount gattling gun  (Read 3993 times)

Offline bullethose

• Salutes: 2
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
heavy mount gattling gun
« on: July 18, 2013, 09:51:30 am »
basically better than the normal gattling in every way except hull damage that remains the same a good all round gun compared to the normal one.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: heavy mount gattling gun
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:09 am »
Better? As in more damage to hull armor?

The standard gattling already removes hull armor in an alarming amount of time. A longer range version already exists in the Mercury Rifle. Having a rapid fire, high clip Mercury would DECIMATE the game balance. Why would you ever use something else if you can insta-kill with Heavy Gat, Heavy Flak from a Galleon?

This has been discussed before at length.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:46 am »
Look, I don't want to be mean or anything, but basically all I'm hearing from this post is "I want a bigger gat" which doesn't add like... anything to the game. Gats are meant for armor stripping and the current one does it just fine, there's no reason from a medium sized one.

There's also some thread somewhere which basically determined that it'd be a terrible idea to have an upgraded gat as it is, I'm too lazy to go find it though.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:35:12 am »
Anything just "better" than something else isn't quite balanced. That's a big problem for gameplay!
(To clearify that...if you say better but the damage it does is the same...in what things would it be better? Remember, it would be a heavy gun.)