Author Topic: System Chat Messages for server downtime  (Read 5559 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
System Chat Messages for server downtime
« on: July 15, 2013, 09:48:21 pm »
Hi Guys,

I'd like to start by thanking the Muse team for being on the ball with the servers, I'm thrilled that whatever issue that arises is being dealt with in minutes. However, I think it'd be quite worthwhile to include a system message in chat, or at least have a green name pop in and let folks know a quite approximation for downtime, even if it doesn't end up being super accurate.

I'm only bringing this up because there were some brand new people who had just bought the game and were freaking out about servers not responding (and then it suddenly went down without any notice), and I think it would probably alleviate the anxiety of anyone who doesn't follow twitter or the forums.

It's just a small thing, but those often count!

Offline Seamus S

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: System Chat Messages for server downtime
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2013, 10:49:45 am »
Agreed, This latest downtime was not well published. Muse knew about it well before hand. I would  hope that the first page of any and all GOI sites, be they steam, or the web, or whatever, would cary a heads up to the community about such an occurrence. Another suggestion would be to use Steam's 'event' functionality. I've often seen GOI events pop up on steam for fight the dev matches and so forth. If muse made the downtime an event then it would pop up on steam and anyone would immediately know  what was going on.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2013, 10:57:26 am »
That server downtime was not scheduled. A bug had resurfaced that basically made the lobby server stop working. They patched it since they had to reboot anyway, and that was the cause of downtime.

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 11:16:56 am »
That server downtime was not scheduled. A bug had resurfaced that basically made the lobby server stop working. They patched it since they had to reboot anyway, and that was the cause of downtime.
Right, but the point is there was no message previous to the server going down that said hey, we'll be back up in a couple of minutes. There was a note once the servers were restarted, but that doesn't much help anyone in this case.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 11:25:08 am »
I agree.

Agreed, This latest downtime was not well published. Muse knew about it well before hand.

This is what I was addressing more. Muse hadn't known the lobby server decided to stop working until they decided to take it down quickly.