Author Topic: What I Notice about GoIO and Why its Population has Been Decreasing  (Read 81617 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: What I Notice about GoIO and Why its Population has Been Decreasing
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2013, 04:44:56 pm »
For starters; the ingame chat, on the main menu, clears itself way too often, leaving us not knowing what people are actually talking about. Getting a proper ingame chat in Place, will boost the Community aspect of the game.

That's a glitch that's being looked into by Muse at the moment.

What about a teaching channel? A help channel? Being able to see all players online?

There's a list of online CAs in the Social tab. You can PM them to ask for help and advice. As for a list of online players... That doesn't seem too useful considering that you can already see if your friends and people you've recently played with are online. However, if you want to know who's in the same lobby (or not in a lobby), then you can type /who into chat and it'll provide you with a list.

Offline Boarchild

• Salutes: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2013, 05:55:28 pm »
But you do agree the social aspect of the game needs a boost? Despite that you are arguing against my suggestions? ;) PMing CA's is great, but doesn't help anyone when they are playing. It's an offline feature, we need more online interaction.

How about having the forums accessible from within the game? Auto login from within the game itself, being able to browse and interact when waiting for matches?

Offline Commodore Phoenix

• Salutes: 12
    • [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2013, 05:58:59 pm »
Not meaning to be rude but have you actually looked at any part of the game other than "Quick Join". Everything you just said is available already and if you could suggest how we could boost the social aspect of the game please tell.

Offline Boarchild

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »
To be honest, I've never used quickjoin.. Did you have any parts in perticular in mind? I don't know which part of all I said is ingame already, if it is, it's well hidden.

I thought I had suggestions, did I come across as not having suggestions? Sorry if I did.. Forum ingame. More channels. Working chat, with a bit more functionality, as a bigger window perhaps, people run at large resolutions nowadays, utilize it. The ability to create Groups for chat, even if you're not in the same match (would greatly help the non-English speaking part of the community). Perhaps linking the steam Community ingame. Community challenges. Events (playing against the devs is a great idea, which is in already).

I wasn't bashing the game, so the defensiveness is unnecessary. I like the game as much as you do, I just want it to grow :)

• [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 06:26:15 pm »
Check the social bar.

• [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 06:27:00 pm »
Also we already have events one of the major ones is "Cogs".

Offline Boarchild

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 06:36:23 pm »
Check it for what exactly? You're awfully non-descriptive.

It lists your rank etc. That's about it. You can list CAs, friends, blocked and who you played with. None of the things I mentioned :/ There are external links to things, but that's not what I'm talking about. I think you know that though. I didn't figure I'd get this much friction about suggestions...

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 06:39:00 pm »
Captain Phoenix gets overly excited sometimes. Chat can be enlarged be increasing it height. Chat works, the clearing bug is being worked on (appeared in the latest patch). While not having a separate tab, you can talk to people in your party both with voice and text chat.
Steam groups integartion I think is quationable if it will be implemented, as steam has enough issues in itself. What we've suggested to Muse recently is ingame anounements, witch would show you major announcements in title screen.
There is plenty of events going on we had a 3v3 tournament not 10 days ago. We have weekly league-that-is-not-real-league thing called COGS. We have frequent tournaments lately.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2013, 06:43:16 pm »
Yeah, don't worry too much about Phoenix. He just likes to speak his mind :)

As for group chat, you can click "Build Party" in the top right and then click on players' names to invite them. Anybody in your party can be chatted with through voice and text whether they're in the same match as you or not.

Muse is always looking to expand the social aspect of the game, and any suggestions you make are much appreciated.

• [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2013, 07:04:24 pm »
What more do you need than a pop-up for an in-game forum is that not good enough for you, do you not realize that is ridiculous to ask them to do that so early in the game they are still working out server bugs for Christ's sake give them a bit of breathing room and I'm sure they will do it.

Offline Boarchild

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2013, 04:28:26 am »
Since you speak your mind so elegantly Phoenix, I will aswell.

You sir, seriously need to cut down on the coffee and the attitude. You are not very welcoming, or constructive. You come off as bashing people intentionally. Normally I would disregard this, but despite me being friendly, you keep being an.. well, sorry for the expression here, but it begins with an a. I don't know your relationship on the forums, but it seems to be well tolerated.

I'm not telling anyone to do it now. But having suggestions about things to do in the future is never a bad idea. Discussing suggestions, coming up with new ones, is contructive, and hopefully, 10% of all suggestions will see the light of day in the future. It keeps developers having something on the maybe-list, to do in the future. If someone should suggest putting a clickable teddybear that burps flowers on the main menu, well, that's an idea. It might not make it in the game, but it's still an idea, and can  be discussed without having someone patronising it.

I am actually trying to be helpful and friendly. Obviusly you don't appreciate that, and that's fine, but please, keep your patronising to yourself. One person can give a Community a really bad vibe..

• [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2013, 06:33:15 am »
What you don't seem to understand is the points you have made are neither suggestions nor feedback. Feedback would imply that something was broken or that you like or dislike it, you however only stated that you could not find what is already there. Also a suggestion would imply that it was new and as previously stated nothing you "suggested" was new. It was just you being a bit selfish and not being satisfied by something that is good enough right now.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2013, 06:39:59 am »
I am actually trying to be helpful and friendly. Obviusly you don't appreciate that, and that's fine, but please, keep your patronising to yourself. One person can give a Community a really bad vibe..

Oh Phoenix is a puppy compared to some resident raptors we have around here. Think most of us trade our share of blows with Phoenix but at times he does have a solid point on things. You don't have to like him, or really anyone in this game. But often times you'll be put in a position to face them in the air. If you have anything to prove, that is where you do it.

Offline Boarchild

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2013, 08:23:53 am »
Phoenix: I understand plenty, and you're wrong. You just don't like it and lash out, which is sad. I just spoke my mind as you like to do. You an call me names all you want if that helps you pass the time.

Glider: That's actually too bad. A welcoming attitude and constructive discussions makes a great Community. The fact that you yourselves Think that isn't the case here, has to be a bit sad. Fortunately, I've also met alot of great people ingame, maybe it's just the forums that brings the worst out of people :p

• [CCor]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2013, 08:38:53 am »
Phoenix: I understand plenty, and you're wrong. You just don't like it and lash out, which is sad. I just spoke my mind as you like to do. You an call me names all you want if that helps you pass the time.

That you are saying that I called you names is quite frankly ridiculous, how dare you insult me by saying these thing's when you yourself said more insulting and nonconstructive things. It is a sham that you are on the forums speaking nonsense it's people like you who ruin this game people who post silly idea's which quite frankly need looking into before you post them so before you start to point fingers and insult someone have the evidence to prove it. I did not question your intelligence nor did I say what I believe you to be but you some random person who has done nothing but to sully the nature of this game further dare to tell other people that the drivel that you call your ideas are both factual and sensible is an insult to this game and it's developers.

I hope that you now understand how stupid you have been in this whole endeavor. You try to make it out that this game doesn't have a great community how dare you. The CA's on this game with all there flaws do there utmost to make this game one of the most well maintained and managed community. This game isn't perfect and you may have players like me who speak our minds but when we speak we only speak with equality and passion. No-one is better than anyone else here so if you think that by calling me names and trying to belittle me when all I have done is tell you the plain and honest truth, which you don't seem to accept, then you have the wrong attitude for this game; So if you think that you are better than everyone else because when you speak your mind you insult someone and are clearly in the wrong then, how dare you complain that someone else is giving a "bad vibe" to the community, when you are the only one insulting people