Author Topic: Gunnery for dummies v1.3.2 - A beginner's guide to the common weaponry.  (Read 81449 times)

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Gunnery for dummies v1.3.2 - A beginner's guide to the common weaponry.
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2013, 11:51:21 am »
Man I love guides! 

Echoez, tbh this one is so good I actually got excited to get on and play GOI like it was a brand new game, think this is your best on yet for sure.

Just a couple of quick corrections from the peanut gallery.  The new light flak has no spread and lesmok is actually pretty nifty in it for long ranges (started using one on my spire).  Also it's probably not worth mentioning in a beginners guide but heavy clip in the carousel can be pretty powerful in the hands of a good gunner since you can one clip 8 stack weaponry.

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2013, 12:57:20 pm »
Didnt the new light flak had a spread of 1?
I mean i recognized a very little spread. So little you barely recognize it but still i think there was one ...

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2013, 01:05:58 pm »
Actually you're right, it has a spread of 1.

Edit - A spread of 1 is a slight jitter
« Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 01:07:38 pm by Captain Smollett »

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2013, 01:38:34 pm »
Man I love guides! 

Echoez, tbh this one is so good I actually got excited to get on and play GOI like it was a brand new game, think this is your best on yet for sure.

Just a couple of quick corrections from the peanut gallery.  The new light flak has no spread and lesmok is actually pretty nifty in it for long ranges (started using one on my spire).  Also it's probably not worth mentioning in a beginners guide but heavy clip in the carousel can be pretty powerful in the hands of a good gunner since you can one clip 8 stack weaponry.

Haha thank you, it's good to know it has that effect even on some of the veteran players x3

As for Lesmok on the light Flak, yes it is indeed a very good ammo types to make very long range shots, I just thought I should keep it simple by suggesting 1 or 2 ammo types at most as to not confuse new players, they also don't know how exactly the arming range/timers work, so having something like Lesmok that actually increases the arming range might prove less beneficial than helpful, that's what went through my head anyway x3

I also doupt most new players would be able to 8-stack a gun with Heavy Banshee, even though it's a pretty neat combo, but very situational.

As for the Flak, yes it does have a very small cone of fire still c:

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 10:44:16 pm »
I think there should be a mention of using incendiary on the light carronade. It really wreaks havoc.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2013, 11:05:49 pm »
I think that incendiary should be listed under every gun...

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2013, 11:11:43 am »
As I said earlier, and as stated in title of the guide, it's meant for beginners as a way to make their experience on getting used to what ammo types to bring in order to be at least effective, so I kept it limited and mostly only mention 1 or 2 ammo types, letting the third one up to the player to be creative with.

This guide is mostly made so people in beginner matches don't end up bringing something silly like Burst Rounds on a Gatling gun thinking that it's actually good or something similar.

Offline geggis

• Salutes: 12
    • [VAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 17, 2013, 08:46:45 am »
Yeah this is a great guide Echoez. I read the last one too but it's nice to get a refresh after the update! Regarding the Hades: is primary damage fire? I thought it was piercing with fire secondary, hence the 'arming' flame effect on the projectile and the lack of a fiery splash on impact at closer ranges.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 17, 2013, 09:59:17 am »
Yeah this is a great guide Echoez. I read the last one too but it's nice to get a refresh after the update! Regarding the Hades: is primary damage fire? I thought it was piercing with fire secondary, hence the 'arming' flame effect on the projectile and the lack of a fiery splash on impact at closer ranges.

It's the primary damage type yeah, don't let the flaming effect misguide you, also fire stacks are applied for both the AoE and the primary damage type thelack of AoE fire ignitions is because the gun simply has no AoE if yo go too close due to the arming time. :3

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 17, 2013, 03:45:03 pm »
Yeah, one should remember that ignition chance =/= fire damage.

Fun fact: the heavy flak has a higher ignition chance per shot than the banshee (not that that's relevant to how they work, the banshee is way better at lighting fires).

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 17, 2013, 03:55:42 pm »
I had to look that up Sunder.  Technically the heavy flak has a higher chance to stack fire on direct impact however banshee also has a chance to stack fire on aoe.

Pretty interesting though.

Offline Fantoompje

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 22, 2013, 04:24:47 am »
Helpful guide of excellent quality!

Offline Devinstater

• Salutes: 2
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2013, 09:09:25 am »
The Scylla Mortar does explosive damage. The tooltip in the game says the Lumberjack mortar does flechette damage? Is this correct?

Usually the heavy and light version of the same weapon type do the same type of damage, looking for some info on it.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 30, 2013, 09:22:28 am »
The Scylla Mortar does explosive damage. The tooltip in the game says the Lumberjack mortar does flechette damage? Is this correct?

Usually the heavy and light version of the same weapon type do the same type of damage, looking for some info on it.

Don't be missguided, both guns are classified as mortars but they work differently. The Scylla Double-Barrelled Mortar deals fully explosive damage while the Lumberjack Heavy Mortar deals Shatter - Flechette.

BUT!

This guide is once again outdated on some facts about the guns, for example I need to change the entire Gatling gun section to simply "Don't use till fixed" but I can't be arsed to at the moment. The damage types are still the same on all guns though, so no worries there.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 09:26:31 am by Echoez »

Offline NoWuffo

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 30, 2013, 09:50:06 am »
for example I need to change the entire Gatling gun section to simply "Don't use till fixed" but I can't be arsed to at the moment.

Beautifully said! Bravo!