Author Topic: SHIPS & PILOT Skills v1.3 Balance Issues  (Read 22767 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: SHIPS & PILOT Skills v1.3 Balance Issues
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2013, 11:14:26 am »
I would like to see another hallway in the mobula that would link to the other two.
Same here, or at least a catwalk between the two engines. There needs to be some sort of engineering circuit so that you don't need two coordinated
engineers to keep that thing in the sky.

Order of Weight from lightest to heaviest:
Squid, Mobula, Junker, Spire, Goldfish, Pyramidion, Galleon

Also the Mobula looks almost as massive as a Galleon, especially with those decorative Eagle heads and wide deck.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2013, 11:27:11 am »
I just don't like how "new" the mobula looks. Other ships look used, while the mobula looks as if each one was just build before the battle.

Also, the lack of visible hull damage is meh.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2013, 11:43:20 am »
I would like to see another hallway in the mobula that would link to the other two.
I think just another set of ladders in the back near the engines would work, honestly.

Agreed.  Ladders in the back would be great

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 11:49:38 am »
I just don't like how "new" the mobula looks. Other ships look used, while the mobula looks as if each one was just build before the battle.

Well I agree on how damage is hard to see, I like how new it looks. It's an entirely ridiculous engineering feat. It's more advanced than most of the other ships and is probably a newer design. I still like the made up backstory that some spoiled prince wanted a ship with the balloon on the bottom so he could see the sky, and as a result a crapton of engineers had to figure out how to build such a ship. That would also explain the nice trim all the windows and stuff have. It would also explain why most of the components are tucked away and not out in the open disrupting the view.

Edit: I realize this is entirely off topic.

Offline Zormac

• Salutes: 3
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 03:48:57 pm »

Isn't it for lore purposes? I read that the Mobula was a custom design by a prince or something like that. Maybe it was supposed to look expensive :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »
You read that in a post made by somebody with no affiliation with Muse:

It looks so fancy... Almost like a place I would hold a cocktail party in, not use as a battle station.

I'm loving to imagine backstories... It looks to me like a ship designed by demand of a spoiled child princess. I can almost picture the engineers working their asses off to produce a ship without visible balloon so said princess could have a perfect panoramic view, and lay on her back and look at the stars... Then the kingdom falls in disgrace and the design survives in the form of a battleship, like a reminder of lost innocence.

So no, that's not the official backstory.

Anyways, let's keep this on the subject of balance, guys.

Offline Zormac

• Salutes: 3
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2013, 01:56:30 pm »
You read that in a post made by somebody with no affiliation with Muse:

It looks so fancy... Almost like a place I would hold a cocktail party in, not use as a battle station.

I'm loving to imagine backstories... It looks to me like a ship designed by demand of a spoiled child princess. I can almost picture the engineers working their asses off to produce a ship without visible balloon so said princess could have a perfect panoramic view, and lay on her back and look at the stars... Then the kingdom falls in disgrace and the design survives in the form of a battleship, like a reminder of lost innocence.

So no, that's not the official backstory.

Anyways, let's keep this on the subject of balance, guys.

Oh, I'm sorry! I got it all wrong. I must have been sleepy when I read it :p

As for balance, I really think it's pretty much balanced. It's too powerful with the correct loadout and its purpose is to kill ships before they can fight back. With a good crew and ally it's nearly invincible. In my opinion, any attempts to make it easier to repair (such as a link between corridors / engines or read ladders) would make it imbalanced. It's just like what would happen with a Spire with more health. Whoever was present at the 3x hull dev app event saw how it went.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2013, 10:49:33 pm »
Because of it's low mass, quick acceleration and forward facing weapons I think that the Mobula should be much faster than it is.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2013, 02:14:32 am »
Noooooooooooooooooooo

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2013, 02:15:10 am »
What I meant to say is I think that might unbalance it a bit.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2013, 10:01:08 am »
I've yet to find a Mobula that is truly over powered. Sure I've fought some that are agonizingly annoying to deal with, but then I go rage and focus on that Mobula. In a one on one, I can either outmaneuver or outgun them, depending on the ship. I only ever really have trouble fighting one when I'm fighting his ally and he pops in as support, or is camping a spot with his ally.

As a brawler, the ship is underpowered, but as support, it's overpowered. I think this balances it nicely.

Offline Captain Smollett

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2013, 11:11:32 am »
Sure, what I'm saying is, that if you made the mobula faster, all I can imagine is a Mobula speeding to just outside of mid range and then hitting full throttle reverse going so quickly backwards that half the ships couldn't even catch up to it going forwards, especially when they'd be missing engines invariably shot out by the Mobula's mercury cannons.

It already has the fastest vertical movement, it doesn't need to be an uber kite ship.  The Mobula might need a small boost, perhaps those ladders in the back will be enough.  I think the jury though is still out and people have yet to realize the Mobula's potential.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2013, 11:22:59 am »
The Mobula might need a small boost, perhaps those ladders in the back will be enough.  I think the jury though is still out and people have yet to realize the Mobula's potential.

This.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2013, 02:31:00 am »
I think it should at least be faster than a galleon.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2013, 10:48:48 am »
Trust me when I say the Mobula is a lot faster than you think it is.