Author Topic: Version 1.3 Release Notes  (Read 25574 times)

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Version 1.3 Release Notes
« on: July 09, 2013, 12:11:27 pm »
We're currently down for the update to Version 1.3, which will be arriving very soon. This is a big one! Here's all the info:

Content

- New ship, the Mobula - an more advanced attack ship with 5 front facing gun and no guns on side or back.  It has good vertical movement, but it is more difficult to repair in the heat of battle.
- New gun, the Phobos Light Mine Launcher - A strange addition to airship arsenals, this found-technology shoots a proximity mine that will deploy a balloon after once it reaches its arming time (3s).  Each gun can only maintain 5 concurrent mines at a time, if any additional mines are placed then the first laid will explode!  For more, read on to the Mine Launcher FAQ!
- New costume bundles on sale, with some costumes discounted and/or converted to multi-class
- Expanded beginning Gunner tutorial
- New progression achievements (level cap is now 15)
- Updated in-game manual

Features

- Added crew formation: ability to assemble a group of up to 4 ship crews before entering a match.  Crews can be added from friend list or party.  For more, check out the Party and Crew Formation FAQ below!
- Added parties: invite players to your party, then invite your whole party to a match or crew formation lobby.  For more, check out the Party and Crew Formation FAQ below!
- Options screen now available from header
- Matches now have their own chat channels
- Chat in the lobby split between “Global” and “Match” tabs
- Chat window now has 2 sizes - short and tall - switchable at the press of a button
- New camera shake when explosions hit the ship, when you collide into other objects, when the ship accelerates, when the ship hits max speed, and when turning at high speeds.
- Redesigned in-game store
- Combined “Look” and “Role” screens into new “Character” screen, with ability to zoom in and out on your character preview.
- Redesigned Social page with player profiles, recent crew list, and account management tools
- Added player profiles with public stats, badges, and recent achievements
- Added character rename feature, with up to 2 free renames
- Added clan tags
- Added badge inventory system

Gameplay

GUNS
- NEW WEAPON! Phobos Light Mine Launcher.  A strange addition to airship arsenals, this found-technology shoots a proximity mine that will deploy a balloon after once it reaches its arming time (3s).  Each gun can only maintain 5 concurrent mines at a time, if any additional mines are placed then the first laid will explode!  Airship mechanics still don’t understand why but they do know it deals  125 direct piercing dmg and 100 impact dmg in a 60m radius for devastating AoE!  Mines can chain detonate so watch out.  You can shoot both the mine and its balloon for interesting effects.
- Gatling Gun: 3.5 degree jitter (from 3), 5s reload time (from 4.25s)
- Mortar: 50 degree yaw speed (from 30), AoE 8m radius (from 6)
- Flare Gun: Fixed bad damage and ignite values. 10 fire direct dmg with 100% chance to apply 10 fire charges.

SKILLS
- Any Projectile Speed augmentations now successfully adjust the range of raycast weapons (gatling and carronade)
- Extinguishing now respects all cooldown effects.  If a component is cooling down, it cannot be extinguished or repaired until the cooldown has finished.
- Extinguisher: cooldown time 3s (from 7s)
- Chemical Spray: cooldown time 5s (from 3s), lasts 20s (from 15s)
- DynaBuff: Balloon buff refactored to respect new ship flight model.  7s buff time, lasts 90s, -25% vertical drag, +100% lift force
- Heavy Clip: no recoil, -25% clip size
- Lochnagar: -90% rotation (from no rotation), no effect on projectile speed (from -20%), -60% arming time, -50% AoE, +125% dmg (from +150%), 250 damage per shot (from 175)
- Incendiary: -25% clip size (from 30%, fixing a rounding error on 2 clip size guns)
- Fixed Kerosene vs. Phoenix Claw turn issue to respect new flight model.
-- Phoenix Claw: +300% longitudinal drag (from -35%), +50% thrust, actually deals 13 DPS to engines
-- Kerosene: +300% angular drag (from +50%)

SHIP
- NEW SHIP! Mobula! The Mobula has a unique upside-down design that facilitates increased balloon protection as well as superior vertical mobility at the cost of slow turning and large top-down profile. With 5 front mounted guns (fanned out across its hemispherical design) it can potentially deal high amounts of damage. However, its repair points are tucked away in its interior. 550 Armor, 600 Hull health.

MAPS
- Fjords: Red spawn points adjusted to prevent spawning too close to oncoming blue players.
- Desert Scrap: Adjusted blue spawn points and stationary sandstorms to increase field of view
- Paritan Rumble: Slightly smaller map size, adjusted spawn points to decrease bad spawns

Fixes and Optimization

GAMEPLAY
- Suicide (with tar barrel or mine launcher) awards a kill to the last hostile source of damage, if any
- Fixed a missing collider in Flayed Hills and Canyons
- Fixed continuous repair input lag
- Fixed a bug that might prevent Pilot achievements with an “on helm” requirement from being completed
- Fixed rejoining 2 slots at once bug

NETWORKING
- Removed misleading spike from traffic graphs when they are first opened
- Client-side networking makes better use of multiple threads (should improve framerate in high-traffic situations, particularly on multicore machines)
- Fixed lag spike caused by another match being started on the same server

RENDERING
- Improved performance of cloud rendering, particularly when they are affected by multiple lights (flares, explosions, etc)
- Fixed a shader bug that caused some lights to affect clouds more intensely than intended
- Fixed a bug with flare shadows that could cause the shadow to be offset from the original model
- Flare shadows now draw on target dummy ships
- Buffed and fireproofed effects no longer render on top of clouds when the part in question is inside the cloud
- Fixed reload animation bug (animation no longer plays twice)
- Prevent muzzle flash from playing when the primary fire button is held down right after the end of reload
- Fixed Field Gun barrel texture
- Fixed hat positioning and clipping

Mine Launcher FAQ

How many mines can I lay?
- The technology behind the Phobos Mine Launcher is still shrouded in mystery.  It seems to be only capable of maintaining 5 simultaneous mines.  Each additional mine causes the oldest mine to self-detonate.

Can I shoot the mine?
- Yes, the balloon and the mine itself can be destroyed.  Shooting the balloon causes the mine to drop. Shooting the mine causes the mine to explode as if you collided with it.

Can I get hurt by my own mine?
- Yes, once mines are deployed they behave like level terrain. You, your teammates, and opponents can trigger the mines and take damage from them. This also means that anyone can shoot the mine.

Party and Crew Formation FAQ

How do I form a crew?
- Go to “Form Crew” from the main menu. Use “Ship Count” to select the number of ships you have to crew (up to 4). Invite crewmates by clicking on their names in your Friends or Party list, and select “Invite to Match.” If you have a party already formed, you can use “Invite All” to bring along the entire group. Once your crews are assembled, select “Match List” to find or create a new match lobby, or “Quick Match” to automatically join a suitable one.

How do I form a party?
- Parties are formed similarly to crews, but without needing to enter a separate screen. To form a party, simply click on the name of each person you wish to add and select “Invite to Party.” As with crews, they must click on your name and select “Join Party” to join you. Every member of your party will be listed on the Party tray in the upper right of the screen.

How do I join a party or crew?
- When you are invited to a party or crew, you will receive a notification in chat. To accept, you must click on the name of the person that invited you and select “Join Match” or “Join Party.”

How do I talk to my party?
- You can communicate with all members of your party no matter where they are using [H] for text chat, and [Z] for voice chat.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: Version 1.3 Release Notes
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2013, 12:19:58 pm »
Awesome! Thanks for update, I'm gonna be testing all of these changes~

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2013, 12:25:15 pm »
1.3 Achievement changelog

All Categories (Progression/Main Achievements)

Added achievements 13 - 15 to all categories
Level cap is now 15

Career

Pilot

On Point
-Objective “Contest 20 points” changed to “Capture 20 points”

Flyin’

Flight Training
-Objective “Spend 60 seconds using Phoenix Claw ” changed to “Spend 45 seconds using Phoenix Claw”
-Objective “Spend 60 seconds using Kerosene” changed to “Spend 45 seconds using Kerosene”
-Objective “Spend 60 seconds using Hydrogen” changed to “Spend 45 seconds using Hydrogen”

Shootin’

Blood and Gunsmoke
-Objective “Destroy 20 balloons with Carronade” changed to “Destroy 15 balloons with Carronade”
Burn All the Things
-Objective “Set 300 fires with Flamethrower” changed to “Set 800 fires with Flamethrower”
-Objective “Set 100 fires with Incendiary Rounds” changed to “Set 200 fires with Incendiary Rounds”

Fixin’

The Best Defense
-Objective “Repair 20 balloons less than 10 seconds after receiving damage” changed to “Fully repair 20 balloons less than 10 seconds after receiving damage”

Support

Sinking Feeling
-Objective “Fully repair 60 balloons” changed to “Fully repair 30 balloons”
Spun Up
-Objective “Rebuild 50 engines” changed to “Rebuild 25 engines”
-Added objective “Help a crewmate rebuild 25 engines”
Bang-Up Job
-Objective “Rebuild 300 non-gun parts” changed to “Rebuild 75 non-gun parts”
-Added objective “Help a crewmate rebuild 75 non-gun parts”
-Voided Warranty
Objective “Rebuild 200 guns” changed to “Rebuild 100 guns”
-Added objective “Help a crewmate rebuild 100 guns”
Idle Hands
-Objective “Fully repair 150 parts with Wrench” changed to “Fully repair 300 non-gun parts”
Grease and Gears
-Objective “Rebuild 100 engines” changed to “Rebuild 50 engines”
-Added objective “Help a crewmate rebuild 50 engines”
Great Guns
-Objective “Fully repair 300 guns” changed to “Fully repair 600 guns”
Survive or Die Trying
-Objective “Help rebuild 50 hull armor with 1 crewmate” changed to “Help a crewmate rebuild 100 hull armor”

Victory

Pilot

Still Alive
-Objective “Win 25 matches” changed to “Win 20 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Win 20 matches with no deaths” changed to “Win 20 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 4+”
Scrap Metal
-Objective “Win 30 matches” changed to “Win 30 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
Domination
-Objective “Win 40 matches” changed to “Win 40 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Win 20 matches with more than 5 kills (crew)” changed to “Win 20 matches with more than 5 kills against enemy captains all level 4+ (crew)”
I Sunk Your Battleship
-Objective “Win 70 matches” changed to “Win 50 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
Perfect Victory
-Objective “Win 100 matches” changed to “Win 60 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Win 10 DMs with a perfect score” changed to “Win 10 DMs with a perfect score against enemy captains all level 7+”
Capped
-Objective “Win 120 matches” changed to “Win 80 matches against enemy captains all level 7+”
Just a Flesh Wound
-Objective “Win 150 matches” changed to “Win 100 matches against enemy captains all level 7+”
-Objective “Win 20 matches with no deaths and hull armor never below 50%” changed to “Win 10 matches with no deaths and at least 50% hull health against enemy captains all level 4+”

Gunner

Path of Destruction
-Objective “Win 25 matches” changed to “Win 20 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Play 20 matches with more than 3 kills” changed to “Play 20 matches with at least 4 kills”
Tin Can
-Objective “Win 30 matches” changed to “Win 30 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
Ruination
-Objective “Win 40 matches” changed to “Win 40 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Play 40 matches with more than 4 kills” changed to “Play 40 matches with at least 5 kills”
Siege Tactics
-Objective “Win 70 matches” changed to “Win 50 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
Flawless Execution
-Objective “Win 100 matches” changed to “Win 60 matches against enemy captains all level 4+”
-Objective “Win 10 DMs with a perfect score” changed to “Win 10 DMs with a perfect score against enemy captains all level 7+”
Incursion
-Objective “Win 120 matches” changed to “Win 80 matches against enemy captains all level 7+”
Most Deadly
-Objective “Win 150 matches” changed to “Win 100 matches against enemy captains all level 7+”
-Objective “Win 20 matches with more than 4 kills” changed to “Win 10 matches with at least 5 kills against enemy captains all level 4+”

Engineer

Survival Skills
Ironclad
Preservation
Will To Live
Precision Engineering
Unbroken Seal
Only a Scratch
-Objective “Win 20 matches with no deaths and hull armor never below 50%” changed to “Win 10 matches with no deaths and at least 50% hull health against enemy captains all level 4+”

Maps

Pilot

Snowed
-Objective “Win 10 perfect victories in Firnfeld” changed to “Win 5 perfect victories in Firnfeld against enemy captains all level 4+”

Mastery

Pilot

Leaf On The Wind
-Objective “As captain, win 30 matches with fewer than 2 deaths” changed to “As captain, win 30 matches with fewer than 2 deaths against enemy captains all level 4+”
The Long Game
-Objective “On helm, destroy 30 ships at a distance of greater than 750m (crew)” changed to “On helm, destroy 30 ships at a distance of greater than 500m (crew)”
Survival Instinct
-Objective “Win 50 matches with no deaths” changed to “Win 50 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 4+”
Hanging On
-Objective “Win 100 matches with no deaths” changed to “Win 100 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 7+”

Gunner

Gun Maintenance
-Objective “Fully repair 300 guns” changed to “Fully repair 400 guns”
Gunsmithy
-Objective “Rebuild 300 guns” changed to “Rebuild 250 guns”
Long Shot
-Objective “Destroy 10 ships at a distance of greater than 750m” changed to “Destroy 10 ships at a distance of greater than 500m”

Engineer

Arms Race
-Objective “Buff 150 parts” changed to “Buff 200 parts”

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2013, 12:30:35 pm »
And are the achievements fixed to register when you capture, defend, contest etc?

Offline Gorath

• Salutes: 8
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2013, 12:44:17 pm »
Oh man! This is so exciting! I can't seem to log into Guns yet, but I really want to!

Offline Strite

• Salutes: 6
    • [HVN]
    • View Profile
    • Haven
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2013, 12:52:18 pm »
Woop! #Excited :D

Offline Keith Douglass

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2013, 01:43:30 pm »
Wow any ETA when the servers will be back up?

Offline Letus

• Salutes: 34
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2013, 01:45:40 pm »
Gonna have to change numbers on a guide again.

Gonna be fun now that Lochnagar rotates again, too...

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2013, 01:48:48 pm »
And here we go.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2013, 01:55:58 pm »
Gonna have to change numbers on a guide again.

Gonna be fun now that Lochnagar rotates again, too...

Loch flak :D

Loch flak is scary. It's a one-hit kill (when armour is down, obviously) against five out of seven ships. And with a buff, it catches the Goldfish in one shot, too.

And of course, if you want to take down a Galleon, charged buffed flak does that in one clip.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2013, 05:36:05 pm »
Question regarding the numbers of the Mine Launcher.

- NEW WEAPON! Phobos Light Mine Launcher.  A strange addition to airship arsenals, this found-technology shoots a proximity mine that will deploy a balloon after once it reaches its arming time (3s).  Each gun can only maintain 5 concurrent mines at a time, if any additional mines are placed then the first laid will explode!  Airship mechanics still don’t understand why but they do know it deals  125 direct piercing dmg and 100 impact dmg in a 60m radius for devastating AoE!  Mines can chain detonate so watch out.  You can shoot both the mine and its balloon for interesting effects.

The numbers on the website say that it does 60 explosive and 120 shatter with an AoE of 3.5.

Which one is correct?

EDIT: It also says it has a clip of 30 which I know is incorrect.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2013, 05:38:50 pm by shadowsteel »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2013, 07:32:28 pm »
A lot of those numbers are shuffled.  Think that spread sheet needs some tlc.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2013, 06:58:04 am »
- Extinguishing now respects all cooldown effects.  If a component is cooling down, it cannot be extinguished or repaired until the cooldown has finished.

This has to be a contender for the biggest change to the meta in the patch.  Fire is once again more than an inconvenience.

Offline Clara Skyborn

• [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2013, 09:33:12 am »
Hotfix changes to achievements:

Pilot - Career - 5
Holding the Line
Objective “Defend 20 points” changed to “Capture 20 points”

Pilot - Career - 9
Resolute
Objective “Defend 30 points” changed to “Capture 30 points”

Pilot - Career - 11
Defender of the Helm
Objective “Defend 100 points” changed to “Capture 100 points”

Pilot - Command - 6
Ballooning
Objective “As captain, rebuild 100 balloons less than 5 seconds after destruction (crew)” changed to “As captain, rebuild 100 balloons less than 10 seconds after destruction (crew)”

Pilot - Command - 7
Systems Status
Objective “As captain, fully repair 600 parts less than 5 seconds after receiving damage (crew)” changed to “As captain, fully repair 600 parts less than 10 seconds after receiving damage (crew)”

Pilot - Command - 11
Punch It
Objective “As captain, fully repair 300 engines less than 3 seconds after receiving damage (crew)” changed to “As captain, fully repair 300 engines less than 5 seconds after receiving damage (crew)”

Pilot - Teamwork - 7
Battle Ready
Objective “As captain, defend 50 points” changed to “As captain, capture 50 points”

Pilot - Teamwork - 15
Press X To Win
Objective “Win 20 matches with at least 5 kills against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to “Win 20 matches with at least 5 kills against enemy captains all level 7+”
Objective “Win 20 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to “Win 20 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 7+”

Pilot - Maps - 4
Rust and Dust
Objective “As captain, defend 8 points with Galleon in Scrap” changed to “As captain, capture 10 points in Scrap”

Pilot - Maps - 15
Dust to Dust
Objective “Win 5 perfect victories in Dunes against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to “Win 5 perfect victories in Dunes against enemy captains all level 7+”

Pilot - Experience - 8
Sentinel
Objective “On helm, defend 50 points with Galleon (crew)” changed to “On helm, destroy 40 ships with Galleon (crew)”

Pilot - Experience - 12
Hanging On
Objective “As captain, rebuild 100 parts less than 3 seconds after destruction (crew)” changed to “As captain, rebuild 100 parts less than 10 seconds after destruction (crew)”

Pilot/Gunner/Engineer - Victory - 14
Words to Live By/Some Kind of Reckoning/Cosmic Equilibrium
Objective “Win 150 matches against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to  “Win 150 matches against enemy captains all level 7+”

Pilot/Gunner/Engineer - Victory - 15
Honor and Glory/Woe to the Vanquished/Victory Is Ours
Objective “Win 150 matches against enemy captains all level 13+” changed to “Win 150 matches against enemy captains all level 7+ ”
Objective “Win 5 perfect victories against enemy captains all level 13+ ” changed to “Win 5 perfect victories against enemy captains all level 10+ ”

Gunner - Teamwork - 7
Dogs with Bones
Objective “Defend 50 points” changed to “Capture 50 points”

Gunner - Teamwork - 15
Teamwork is OP
Objective “Win 20 matches with at least 5 kills against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to “Win 20 matches with at least 5 kills against enemy captains all level 7+”

Engineer - Teamwork - 15
In Amicitiis Victoria
Objective “Win 20 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to
“Win 20 matches with no deaths against enemy captains all level 7+”

Engineer - Maps - 15
The Last Battlefield
Objective “Play 10 matches with no deaths and at least 50% hull health in Dunes against enemy captains all level 10+” changed to “Play 10 matches with no deaths and at least 50%
hull health in Dunes against enemy captains all level 7+”

Engineer - Fixin’ - 14
First Response
Objective “Extinguish 500 fires less than 8 seconds after igniting” changed to “Extinguish 500 fires less than 10 seconds after igniting”

Engineer - Experience - 7
Pyrophobia
Objective “Extinguish 150 fires less than 5 seconds after they start” changed to “Extinguish 150 fires less than 10 seconds after they start”

Engineer - Experience - 12
Core Systems
Objective “Rebuild 100 balloons less than 5 seconds after destruction” changed to “Rebuild 100 balloons less than 10 seconds after destruction”
Objective “Fully repair 100 hull armor less than 3 seconds after receiving damage” changed to “Fully repair 100 hull armor less than 5 seconds after receiving damage”

Engineer - Experience - 13
What in Blazes
Objective “Extinguish 300 fires less than 5 seconds after igniting” changed to “Extinguish 300 fires less than 10 seconds after igniting”

Engineer - Experience - 14
Stress Test
Objective “Fully repair 500 engines less than 3 seconds after receiving damage” changed to “Fully repair 500 engines less than 5 seconds after receiving damage”

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 11:46:05 am »
Hotfix of July 18th:

- Server performance improvements, primarily in the lobby
- Ship preview now works on running matches
- Expanded basic Engineer and Pilot tutorials