Author Topic: What did you name your ship and why?  (Read 226246 times)

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: What did you name your ship and why?
« Reply #300 on: January 17, 2014, 07:53:25 am »
junker: Cartemis, The Munker

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 17, 2014, 09:21:52 am »
Best name for a Hwacha Fish? The Hwachamacallit!

Offline Mod Josie

• Muse
  • Salutes: 130
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 17, 2014, 11:55:01 am »
Hwacha talkin' about? The best name for that ship is Hwachaout!

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 17, 2014, 12:40:23 pm »
Hwacha talkin' about? The best name for that ship is Hwachaout!

Help I can't breathe! xD

[*5 minutes later swipes a tear from so much laughing*] But yeah one of my friends just names our ships Boo [name of one of the ships in the other team], it's a psychological tactic you see.

Offline Jereven

• Salutes: 7
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 17, 2014, 07:22:00 pm »

That's actually what inspired Srihwacha Sauce

Offline Oliver Colt

• Salutes: 80
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 18, 2014, 07:40:22 pm »
When I have my Galleon license I'll name it Rainbow Factory, probably my Spire too because they're both big and scary and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRx_iXgLAyw [*happy face*]

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 21, 2014, 08:04:10 am »
I called my junker "The Journey", because it's a slow ship and it will take a bit of time before you are at the destination.

Offline Jereven

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 21, 2014, 03:13:44 pm »
I called my junker "The Journey", because it's a slow ship and it will take a bit of time before you are at the destination.
I won't stop believing you will eventually get there.

Offline Zander Broda

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 21, 2014, 04:01:08 pm »
so, after becoming a bit of a staple Cake competitive player i decided to change up the names of my ships, so i'm here to rechristen them!

Galleon: V.S.S Devil's Food
mobula: V.S.S Angel's Food
Goldfish: V.S.S Carrot Cake
Pyramideon: V.S.S Pound Cake
Squid: V.S.S Bienenstich (a german cake that means bee sting)
Spire: V.S.S Swiss Roll
Junker: V.S.S Fat Rascal (a type of cake i've never heard of)

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #309 on: January 22, 2014, 01:18:40 am »
Rechristened my Goldfish: VSS Crii'c'et to reflect upon the RP.

Offline Kestril

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 22, 2014, 01:37:52 am »
Squid: Sonic Boom
At the time, I couldn't get this song out of my head.

Junker: Silversail
It's got a big pale balloon, and the name Silversail just rolls off the tongue.

Goldfish: Red-Tail
Named after the red-tailed hawk. Fun fact, the recognizable "eagles cry" that they use in the movies is ACTUALLY a red-tailed hawk's. I think the goldfish is as majestic as it is deadly, and so the Red-Tail sums the ship of nicely.

Mobula: Mobius
Named after a mobius strp that twists around on itself. No real logic there. I just wanted something that started with an "M" because the ship class is a mobula. It also sounds fairly intimidating to stare down from long range.

Pyramidion: Pyre
Burns bright, burns fast, and goes out in a blaze of glory.

Galleon: Brass Shield
I wanted something durable and intimidating sounding, but not really aggressive since the galleon doesn't really chase, and instead provides cover for its allies, I thought Brass Shield was an appropriate name.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #311 on: January 22, 2014, 06:24:23 am »
All of mine are named after skyships from the Edge Chronicles,

Pyramidion - Galerider

Goldfish - Cloudbeaker

Mobula - Windcutter

Spire - Fogscythe

Squid - Edge Dancer

Junker - Stormhornet (named after a skycraft rather than a skyship)

Galleon - The Great Sky-Whale (relevant on so many levels)

Offline Buchou

• Salutes: 6
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 25, 2014, 09:48:29 pm »
Pyramidion - JMHX is a Top Pilot
Blatantly stole this name this name off the real JMHX because he is actually a bloody legend. You are missing out if you don't know the legend of JMHX. I admit I don't even compare the the calibre of pilot that he is, but I hope one day I will see him again and with this name maybe JMHX-senpai will notice me.

Junker - Weed Smoke Day Every
Name stolen from Snoop Dogg (and then put in a blender). To commemorate the truly blazed attitude you must have to enjoy flying a 5-mine junker. Was previously called Fort Wenty, but some people didn't get the pun. Now, almost nobody gets the pun.

Goldfish - No More Heroes
Named after the video game. I have a hwacha and 2 mine launchers on this one. If I actually manage to hit you, you're going to need a LOT more than a hero to save you. Was originally named Hail Satan for similar reasons, but the name kept scaring people out of the lobbies.

Squid - Sikkest Skwid
Because only the sikkest lads drive squids, right...? But really, I feel like a gangster doing drive-bys in my squid, so the name helps get me in the mood. Was originally named The Other Ship so enemies would always be directed to fire at my teammate, but that didn't really work as well as I was hoping.

Galleon - Teemo
If the enemy knows what Teemo is, they will generally focus me through sheer hatred. When I fly a Galleon, I want the enemy to be very mad. This name certainly helps. Was originally named The Citadel, but it seems that Mass Effect references have become mainstream in Guns of Icarus.

Spire - Fix the Hull
Had this name from the days when the hull was on the bottom of the ship. Some of my most vivid memories of playing this game in January 2013 are of sitting at the hull on a spire and not moving the entire match.

Mobula - One-eyed Snake
I fly a sniping mobula, and I really feel bad when I do. It's a dickish loadout, hence the name. Started flying mobulas after crewing with a guy that called his Candiru, so this is also a homage to that. (Google Candiru).
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 10:06:17 pm by Buchou »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 25, 2014, 11:40:44 pm »
Pyramidion - JMHX is a Top Pilot
Blatantly stole this name this name off the real JMHX because he is actually a bloody legend. You are missing out if you don't know the legend of JMHX. I admit I don't even compare the the calibre of pilot that he is, but I hope one day I will see him again and with this name maybe JMHX-senpai will notice me.

Junker - Weed Smoke Day Every
Name stolen from Snoop Dogg (and then put in a blender). To commemorate the truly blazed attitude you must have to enjoy flying a 5-mine junker. Was previously called Fort Wenty, but some people didn't get the pun. Now, almost nobody gets the pun.

Goldfish - No More Heroes
Named after the video game. I have a hwacha and 2 mine launchers on this one. If I actually manage to hit you, you're going to need a LOT more than a hero to save you. Was originally named Hail Satan for similar reasons, but the name kept scaring people out of the lobbies.

Squid - Sikkest Skwid
Because only the sikkest lads drive squids, right...? But really, I feel like a gangster doing drive-bys in my squid, so the name helps get me in the mood. Was originally named The Other Ship so enemies would always be directed to fire at my teammate, but that didn't really work as well as I was hoping.

Galleon - Teemo
If the enemy knows what Teemo is, they will generally focus me through sheer hatred. When I fly a Galleon, I want the enemy to be very mad. This name certainly helps. Was originally named The Citadel, but it seems that Mass Effect references have become mainstream in Guns of Icarus.

Spire - Fix the Hull
Had this name from the days when the hull was on the bottom of the ship. Some of my most vivid memories of playing this game in January 2013 are of sitting at the hull on a spire and not moving the entire match.

Mobula - One-eyed Snake
I fly a sniping mobula, and I really feel bad when I do. It's a dickish loadout, hence the name. Started flying mobulas after crewing with a guy that called his Candiru, so this is also a homage to that. (Google Candiru).

I like these names here! I also temporarily renamed my meta sniping mobula i'm using for the 1300m kills achievement, it's now the: "Blame Muse"

Offline Jereven

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 26, 2014, 03:15:41 pm »
My Pyramidion has been renamed the Fortnight Sparrow.

Squid is now the Mon Calamari Cruiser for pun and games.

Mobula is Maximum Ridiculosity.  Why?  Because my first time flying it was a all-mobula match with one ship all gatlings and one ship all mortars.  I was the mortar Mobula, which I felt was ridiculous. (our team won, fwiw.)

Goldfish is still Srihwacha Sauce, and my Galleon and Spire still have default names.