Author Topic: 3v3 - The Hemlock-Rejkva Grand Tournament Brackets  (Read 34201 times)

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
Re: 3v3 - The Hemlock-Rejkva Grand Tournament Brackets
« Reply #30 on: July 06, 2013, 05:05:05 am »
Well... Our game against Valiant/NAF was restarted because of one engineer DC on the other team (though it was at the start of the match).

yes sorry I should have written that.

I´ll elaborate why anitidaephobia was upset over having their game continue.

I gave my referees permission to judge the situations. Kyren decided to restart the quack valiant(..) game because it had a disconnected player right of the bat.
I think kyren made the right decision here to quickly reboot the game before no kills were made.

in the anitidaephobia vs p&s game the referee Mattilald decided to consult me on the matter,and I said continue the game, my reasoning being that kills had been made and several mins of game play had passed.

this created a very chaotic confusion because there were no rules about it, and that is my fault entirely.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2013, 09:50:28 am »
Ggs everyone. My head became a square after 6 matches lol. We ended at 6 am. The matches with merry were sooo close.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2013, 10:10:31 am »
I agree with Zitrus... Some very good games all around.... The amount of tension during all of those games had me on the edge of my seat everytime (even if it wasn't as entertaining for the fans :)))... I would also like give a shoutout to Crafe, and his Corvus boat... at first, we were all a bit skeptical bringing the Spire in, but there really is no other ship I would rather see you guys in. Once again, great games, and I look forward to future tournaments :)

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #33 on: July 06, 2013, 11:17:31 am »
I would also like give a shoutout to Crafe, and his Corvus boat... at first, we were all a bit skeptical bringing the Spire in, but there really is no other ship I would rather see you guys in. Once again, great games, and I look forward to future tournaments :)
Agreed. I know the casters even made a comment at the start of our first game about how the Quack Street Boys might have an advantage as far as communication and cohesion goes since they had an all Duck team whereas we were joining forces with another team. I wasn't really familiar with the people on our Corvus ship at the beginning, but after making it all the way to the end with them, nothing but love for those guys. They played incredibly, in a spire no less. I hope we can team up with them in the future, it was a real pleasure.

Also nothing but love for P&S and the Ducks for sticking it out for that long, those were some insane matches. Excellent playing by everyone who participated.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 06, 2013, 11:43:22 am »
Advantage in communication for us? If they had been listening to our teamspeak conversations...

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 06, 2013, 12:12:34 pm »
I am most displeased.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2013, 01:27:51 pm »
Well, I finally got to participate in a tournament. I was completely unprepared (I had no idea they needed me to be a pilot! I was ready to whack things with a spanner), extremely sleep deprived/exhausted from an early 9 hour work shift, and I did terrible. So I guess I fit right in on the Muse team. :P

Just teasing! Love you Muse! I'd be more than happy to fill in on any games any time you need me and I'm available. Had a great time. I love the pressure of a 'real' match. Sorry for sucking!!

Huge congrats to the Merry Marauders, and kudos to everyone involved!!
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 01:29:50 pm by dragonmere »

Offline Xan Kriegor

• Salutes: 1
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2013, 02:07:35 pm »
Yes, that was extremely close. I wonder how they Galleon survive that at the last moment of fight. He was realy near to death. I'm not sure if that was good skill or just luck, but i must confess - well played, Merry Marauders. Congratulations.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 02:20:08 pm by Qwait »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 07, 2013, 06:25:08 pm »
On behalf of the Merry Marauders team, I'd like to say gg's to everyone. So many 7-6 matches coming down the the very wire. I cant describe how tense it was.

The matches may of taken quite awhile, but if only you could hear our chatting back and forth figuring out how to approach what felt like impossible odds sometimes. It was a great experience. Thanks again to all the refs, organizer, and teams.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 08, 2013, 02:00:50 pm »
...but if only you could hear our chatting back and forth figuring out how to approach what felt like impossible odds sometimes.

This is why spectators should be able to listen in on voice comms, since it would give casters something more to talk about and give better perspective on what's going on.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 02:02:50 pm by naufrago »

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #40 on: July 08, 2013, 03:08:03 pm »
Yes, that was extremely close. I wonder how they Galleon survive that at the last moment of fight. He was realy near to death. I'm not sure if that was good skill or just luck, but i must confess - well played, Merry Marauders. Congratulations.
I wonder how it survived as well, and I was the one repairing it.  :P  Was spanner-ing faster than I had ever spanner-ed before, and was sure we were about to lose. Mostly just came down to being lucky that one of our ships managed to get the kill within those final few seconds, I wouldn't have been able to hold it much longer at all.

This is why spectators should be able to listen in on voice comms, since it would give casters something more to talk about and give better perspective on what's going on.
That would make long matches and tense moments much more interesting, but if those got broadcasted to the stream I'd be concerned with teams keeping the stream open to hear enemy voice chat.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2013, 03:09:48 pm by Surette »

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #41 on: July 08, 2013, 03:35:45 pm »
...but if only you could hear our chatting back and forth figuring out how to approach what felt like impossible odds sometimes.

This sounds a lot better in theory than in practice.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2013, 04:34:28 pm »
Make the stream delay even longer, maybe?

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #43 on: July 08, 2013, 05:35:27 pm »
Make the stream delay even longer, maybe?
Well, that's one aspect, but the other is that unless there's some way to control the volume of the chat or when it's on or off, having voices talk over each other is generally horrible.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2013, 08:40:42 pm »
I wasn't suggesting that it be always on, just something you can tap into when you want it. Sort of like how you can make the text chat appear and disappear.