Author Topic: Votekick function  (Read 6726 times)

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
Votekick function
« on: June 29, 2013, 12:44:09 pm »
Hi there.

Today i was with 2 friends on my ship, along with other friends as our team mates.
The last spot on my ship was filled by a first level engineer. We tried to gently tell him what to do, but he wouldn't listen, in voice chat or text chat. He stood there messing repair cooldowns, emptying guns on buildings just before we engaged the enemy, and the forth.
We thought it was a new player, but he wouldn't listen to us.

Halfway into the game he came on voice chat and started insulting us, trolling, and generally trying to make us have a bad experience.

We reported him of course, but he transformed a good match into an horrible experience.
We absolutely need votekick for situations like these. I know it could be exploited, but as it is now, i as captain have no control over what happens on my ship and this is unacceptable. The current system can be exploited too, and the only solution for us would be to leave the match with our friends and find another. And what if this guy followed us?

I believe there is a need for a captain or the crew to kick a member while ingame (in the lobby would be great too -- but you can just not start the game there, plus you don't really want to kick level ones around).
I would have gladly played with the AI rather than with this person.

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
Re: Votekick function
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »
Not happening, but there will be a pre crew creation function.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
This is a topic that's been discussed on a number of occasions in the past. After all, it's been suggested here, here, here, here, and here. And sure, there'd be some benefits from having a kick function, but you have to look at the downsides: you would probably end up with crews kicking players for not being "good enough". This isn't the type of thing that would help the community. However, I can definitely see your point of view here. I've been playing this game for quite a few months, so I've seen more than enough trolls. Usually it's best to ignore them. If you don't feed the troll, they'll get bored and find another match. Isn't it better to have one of your matches ruined every once in a while instead of the entire game being potentially ruined for new players who keep getting booted because they aren't that experienced?

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2013, 02:32:56 pm »
Tar your own ship.

The 100% effective way to deal with a troll. If they can't shoot anything, they get bored and leave. Their attention spans are too small from the amount of XBL CoD playing they do so rebuilding gets more boring than shooting objects. I usually announce what is going on in regional and the other captains tend to be nice enough to ignore me while I handle it.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2013, 05:28:37 pm »
Topic has been discussed at length in the linked threads. Locking this thread before it goes horribly off topic. Any questions about this action can be PM'd to a Mod or sent to feedback@musegames.com Have a good day in the skies.