Author Topic: Team Member Kicking  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Mannalla

• Salutes: 0
    • [TPZ]
    • View Profile
Team Member Kicking
« on: June 08, 2013, 01:22:03 am »
So the last few days I have had a major problem with trolls. Players getting on, not communicating, jumping up and down in front of the helm, running in circles, jumping off the ship, etc.  How do you deal with these players? I report, but the games already lost and Im now in a toxic mood. I really feel there needs to be a vote kick system or something more than just a report at the end of the game.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 01:24:28 am by Mannalla »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: Team Member Kicking
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2013, 02:01:23 am »
Screenshot, report. Might not want to tell them you are doing it cause some will report you back just to be jerks. I had a group of kids do that to me and Muse came after me. Although, I had screenshot evidence to back it up.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2013, 03:04:29 am »
Trolls suck. A solitary troll usually changes their ways after a while due to the nature of the game- doing nothing is just plain boring, so they'd end up helping out the ship somehow, or leaving. However, groups of trolling people are always more difficult to deal with cos they fuel themselves. My best suggestion sounds like a typical parent answer: Just ignore them and they'll go away, cos there'll always be those sorts of people. Find a new ship or lobby once the match ends. We take reports very seriously, though, so if you experience more problems, please let us know, and we'll look into it.

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2013, 08:32:12 am »
If a trolling player on my ship is so bad that we are *clearly* going to lose the game, I often remove myself from battle. I find a nice quiet spot, where there are no targets, and no chance of engagement, and point myself at a wall. I explain to the player in question that the fun is over, and if they just want to aimlessly shoot guns, or examine the landscape, practice mode will be more suited for their needs. Yes, it will cost you the match, but sometimes it'll get rid of them by next round, and you'd be surprised the turn-around I've had with some players. I also think it's important not to jump the gun when reporting. Make SURE the person is doing it explicitly to be an annoyance. We all have bad/drunk/distracted/accidentally-muted days. Don't make the mistake of assuming everyone is a trolling jerk.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 08:35:14 am by -Bounty- dragonmere »