Author Topic: Spire Builds  (Read 27204 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Spire Builds
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2013, 08:27:33 am »
The problem is, on a Spire, you only have 500 armor, a Pyramidion has 650. Now if we assume that you have all your guys on the weapons, you won't be getting that exta mallet stroke in and leaving helm to man a gun while you are going close range with a Spire has proven to be a deathwish when I tried it so you need a third guy on top deck manning a gun, which makes the armor difference even bigger, the Pyra now has at least 650+250 armor, just throwing that out there as a thought of why I equiped a second gatling.

Though I can see where you are coming from, in an ideal situation you should have an ally with you that will help with taking their armor down in a proper manner and time while you disable and still keep DPS on them with a Gat/Flak. Anyway all I can say is that I will give it a try, better than flying a Metamidion for sure.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2013, 12:17:28 pm »
Well, not sure if I've understood exactly what you meant.

But when I brawl with my Manticore Spire I do it in two ways:

If there is no enemy firing on me because I've gotten the jump on the enemy or for some silly reason they're focusing my teammate I'll have all crew manning weapons.

In the more common situation when we're being fired upon, I'll have the main engineer camping the hull.  If fired correctly the chain gun and manticore will drop the pyramidions armor first.  Not only will you have a dps advantage but if you have a good gunner you should be able to disable their weaponry. Once the enemies armor drops at close range(which can happen easily with the chaingun manticore combo) I'll usually give the wheel a slight turn so that the momentum of the turn carries the guns into arc by the time I get to the gun to put on the sweet finishing shots with the flak.

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2013, 01:13:09 pm »
That's what I expect to hear, as I have done it myself even for the longer ranged Spire. It realy depents on the enemy's movement, if they are just coming straight at you, it's possible, but still risky to leave the helm on a Spire, I have had a lot of bad experiences with the ship turning around by itself randomly due to wind.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2013, 01:36:11 pm »
I feel that the spire has a lot of utility, which people overlook. If you shoot something like the hwacha, the gunner can hop off of the gun during the reload and run to the bottom-left gun, and have the top-front gun join its firing in a bifecta. On a sniper medium weapon, the gunner could also opt for the closer-ranged left bifecta when the opportunity arises. Likewise, the two top guns can do their own bifecta. Deciding what gun goes where, and what works the best together, is definitely the key to making the Spire work. There's only so much that an engineer can do beyond buffing the hull, so its up to the top and bottom gunners to make it work.

My build is top-front Artemis, top-right Artemis(for the right bifecta disable), bottom-right Gat(For left bifecta damage), Lumberjack(for harass at all other ranges).

Offline Echoez

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2013, 10:35:29 pm »
Decided to try out Carronade-Gat-Flak today as well and along with the 2Gatcore loadout, I have to say, they both work realy good on Canyon Ambush if you have a competent teammate and crew as well as some other of the tight maps. It's massive alpha strike is pretty cool and the terrain helps with ambushing.

Offline Sugar Honey

• Salutes: 0
    • [TBC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2013, 06:49:09 pm »
I popped a Flak, Sniper combo on my Spire and although it's only a dual-weapon loadout, we bested a junker and a goldie. Our friend who was in a pyra got two of the kills from his gat flak, but at two points it was us one on one with the junker and then again with the fish. Even at close range (which I quickly escaped) we managed to sink the enemy and repair our ship whilst holding the other enemy at bay with the starboard flak and keeping them in our scopes with the portside flare. We effectively went 5-0, convinced the enemy to take Spires next match and turned it on them with our pyra. XD