Author Topic: How'd you find GoI?  (Read 25892 times)

Offline Shukketsushi

• Salutes: 50
    • [МSF]
    • View Profile
Re: How'd you find GoI?
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 09:08:52 pm »
Back in November, Nascosto asked me, "Which sounds more interesting <some random zombie killing game that I don't remember the description of> or flying around in steampunk zeppelins shooting down other steampunk zeppelins?" and I replied, "Well, the second is definitely more novel."

Thus, a four pack was purchased and myself, Charon, Nascosto, and Machiavelliest graced this fine world. (with unending violence)

Offline Morblitz

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 35
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 09:55:57 pm »
I actually don't remember HOW I found this game, but I remember WHY I got into it.
Squash had expressed interest in playing a game that was as close to a kind of star trek bridge simulator as you'd get. With the captain in charge, the engineers, helmsmen and weapons officers all running around doing their thing to keep the ship running. So we were keeping an eye out for those kind of games. I had found one which was exactly that, a bridge simulator, I don't remember the name - but I don't think it turned out to be that great.

Then I stumbled onto this game, perhaps through a forum post on the Penny Arcade forums. I was in the middle of exam study so I mentioned it to Squash, we looked into it and it looked pretty interesting. If memory serves, we chipped in for a four pack. I couldn't play because of Uni, but Squash gave it a go and said it was exactly what we had been after. Once the semester was done I tried the game and he was right.

The rest is history.

Offline Hester Randall

• Salutes: 4
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2013, 07:38:51 am »
I found Dodger's uncut POV on Youtube and it had me laughing for hours. It looked amazing and so fun. So I picked it up while it was still on sale. Haven't looked back since :)

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 05:46:24 am »
To quote my introduction to the forums more than a year ago:
Quote from: Sgt. Spoon
Hello
I just saw this game on kickstarter and directly I was like: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
I've been waiting for this kind of game for so long and it looks absolutely amazing. Will probably donate a bit when I get back home from my vacation but haven't got time right now.
...man looking through that thread reminds me of sooo many old guys which are long since gone....

Offline dragonmere

• Salutes: 45
    • [COx]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2013, 10:01:47 am »
I obsessively buy indie bundles, this has been going on since the very first time World of Goo went PWYW. I grabbed the Indie Royale bundle that included this game, and was instantly intrigued. I was too nervous about letting my team down due to inexperience, so I spent my first week or so exclusively in practice. I still remember joining that first real game. Turns out to be exactly what I'd always wanted in an indie game and I've logged about 500 hours since, and there's no turning back now.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2013, 01:50:14 am »
Hello
I just saw this game on kickstarter and directly I was like: YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
I've been waiting for this kind of game for so long and it looks absolutely amazing. Will probably donate a bit when I get back home from my vacation but haven't got time right now.
...man looking through that thread reminds me of sooo many old guys which are long since gone....

Oh man, even I feel young now! I didn't back the first kickstarter. Did Thomas? I've been seeing him online.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2013, 02:12:01 am »
Hello

Oh man, even I feel young now! I didn't back the first kickstarter. Did Thomas? I've been seeing him online.

You feeling young? Shouldn't it be old? Man I remember most of those guys, god do I miss em. Of course a few of them were jerks (Not trying to be mean some of them were) but everyone can be jerks.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 02:24:37 am by Piemanlives »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2013, 07:48:58 am »
Hello

You feeling young? Shouldn't it be old? Man I remember most of those guys, god do I miss em. Of course a few of them were jerks (Not trying to be mean some of them were) but everyone can be jerks.

8 months playing and now I feel like a newbie.

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2013, 11:14:02 am »
I picked it up after seeing the TGS video on Totalbiscuit's channel.  I've played little else since.

Offline Mattilald Anguisad

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 12
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2013, 11:21:49 am »
I've learned about it during it's Kickstarter camapaign for skirmish mode (before it was known under such a name) of Goio - ie. the original kickstarter. But I didn't buack it up for various factors - i had no idea how Muse Games (or anyone else for that matter) could translate the idea into a good gameplay mechanics, it was back then when I didn't know who Muse Games were, and before Kickstarter got big.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2013, 01:52:34 pm »
I don't think Thomas even backed it, but I might be wrong. He joined the forums about a month after it, but he gunned for me before that ...I think

Worst jerk right here >>

Just kidding Patrick don't hate me, hehehe

Offline TracyJackson

• Salutes: 3
    • [TAW]
    • View Profile
    • The Art of Warfare community
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2013, 03:43:27 pm »
I first noticed the game when I heard someone from my clan talking about it, then I searched up GoI and got to the Kickstarter page. Read through the entire thing and decided the game looks interesting enough to try out.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2013, 08:30:30 pm »
Picked it up on the sale a month ago cause some friends were playing it at the time. Their attention span length is so small though that they gave up after a week. Well I still play, find this game is pretty cool.

I knew of its existance long ago though, was just waiting for it to get out of beta and be on a sale.

Offline Cheesy Crackers

• Salutes: 82
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2013, 11:09:16 pm »
I first found it when i won this giveaway>http://www.steamgifts.com/giveaway/Jc46L/guns-of-icarus-online< :D.... Good memories.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:44 pm »
8 months playing and now I feel like a newbie.

Has it really been 8 months since you joined? Wow, feels just like yesterday :P