Author Topic: The Cogs - Season 2 Rules and Format  (Read 79949 times)

Offline Ataris

• Salutes: 20
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: The Cogs - Season 2 Rules and Format
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2013, 03:45:13 pm »
Tipping will be official this time around.

don't tell me here comes the business o_O

Offline Ofiach

• Salutes: 25
    • [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2013, 06:19:34 pm »
In other news betting on Guns of Icarus COGS matches has swept the nation.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 02:19:11 am »
I think Muse should give a sick prize to the winner of the tipping competition; something better than the actual competition winners would receive.  Definitely would make it more interesting.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 08:56:49 am »
I think Muse should give a sick prize to the winner of the tipping competition; something better than the actual competition winners would receive.  Definitely would make it more interesting.

physical prize could be interesting.
If it's only 1 guy who wins then it wouldnt be that much of a deal than if lets say muse would give physical prizes to 2v2 tournaments.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2013, 08:18:44 am »
Now that we have Paritian Rumble, I suppose that's being added to the player pool (please remove Labyrinth, I cannot begin to express my sheer distaste for that map and the terrible matches it gives)?

Offline Swallox

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 30
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2013, 09:27:25 am »
Now that we have Paritian Rumble, I suppose that's being added to the player pool (please remove Labyrinth, I cannot begin to express my sheer distaste for that map and the terrible matches it gives)?

Most of the matches we've seen on Labyrinth have been pretty awesome from what I've seen. Teams struggling to hold onto the centre point against an onslaught. Since teams don't have to worry about individual deaths, they can get much more aggressive and that in turn leads to a lot more action.  It changes the focus of the map and requires teams to bring something new to the table (Double Sniping isn't a possibility, and GatFlak/GatMortar are risky strats at best, especially if the other team has a fast ship), so it's staying in the rotation. Paritian Rumble is also being added as another map, meaning we have six to play with now.

Season 2's going to be fun.

Offline Surette

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Personal homepage
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2013, 10:33:37 pm »
Just want to say well done to NAF as well as my teammates in Merry Men in that seeding match, it was my first competitive match and I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing more of you all in the Cogs.  ;)

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2013, 08:40:59 am »
So I think it is absolute horseshit that the Falconeers who 5-0'd Polaris and beat PaFa two games in a row are cut out until week 3. We proved ourselves, we fought hard and if some IRL shit hadn't happened we would have won the SKY tournament. So why is it we are treated as scrubbie nubs under the COGS system and just pushed back into a que to fight teams we have already beaten?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2013, 08:41:48 am »
Because you didn't sign up earlier.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2013, 08:43:20 am »
Sorry my aunt was in the hospital, and my cousin broke her arm. Real life can kinda kick you in the nuts once in a while. I just really think this restrictive system is once again going to chase off new competitive teams. and reduce the total number to 8 like it did last time just to make one person feel better.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 08:46:13 am by Ofiach »

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2013, 08:46:04 am »
I totally understand, Ofi. I know that you guys would deserve to be placed highly. However, Swallow can't just say "Ok, we're putting The Falconeers up here". You have to fight your way up. That's the point of the Cogs.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2013, 08:47:32 am »
I'm not even mad about it for myself i know i can win. My team worked god damned hard to place and they are treated like street urchins? come on that is unfair to them.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2013, 08:51:59 am »
The Icarus Sky Tournament is unaffiliated with The Cogs. While The Falconeers absolutely proved themselves, their placement can't be determined by a completely separate tournament. It's no different from any sport or eSport. And I wouldn't worry about it too much, if I were you. If you guys play like you did in Icarus Sky, you'll go from the Newcomer's slot to the Challenger's Cog in no time.

Offline Ofiach

• [FALC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2013, 08:54:58 am »
Thats the real thing that pisses me off sundie. I wont even get a chance to place my team before im gone even though we slaughtered people. I mean real life junk punched me. My clan shouldn't be penalized because of it. Any tournament organizer who does that is full of crap.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 09:05:47 am »
I don't quite understand, in what way were you penalized? Swallow made it clear how the system works: you sign up, you get put on the waiting list. What happened in your case is highly unfortunate (and as I said previously, I feel bad for you), but Swallow can't make any exceptions. He can't go ahead and tell the teams that've already signed up "Ok, we're moving you down because these guys didn't have the opportunity to sign up." Regardless of what you're going through, that simply wouldn't be fair to those teams.

Just sign up as soon as you can, and it won't be that long a wait. Hell, my team signed up immediately, but the seeds are so messed up that we'll have to wait for like a month after week 0. Teams that sign up now could potentially get a shot at the challenger's Cog before us.